#1 Slic_

Slic_

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

http://www.gw2db.com...67-vassars-band
http://www.gw2db.com...57-ralenas-band

The in-game link says 50 vitality, 50 toughness, 71 condition damage.  So far so good.  But then it says 18 toughness, 18 precision, 32 condition damage.

Isn't the 18 precision supposed to be 18 vitality?  Or did anet just copy/paste the white part from this ring, and forget to change it slightly?  Kinda lazy/negligent, if you ask me.  It would take all of 5-10 seconds to correct it though.

Or, if it's intentional then... I just don't know what to say.

P.S. The amulets with the new stats also have this copy/paste error; their white stats don't match up with their green stats.

#2 paradiselight

paradiselight

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

It's not a bug.

Ascended items follow the same prefix/suffix system as exotics. Although in most cases prefix = suffix, it's not always the case. Just check out the ascended item list.

Interestingly Ralena and Vassar's Band both use a yet unnamed prefix. Similar to cavalier, I think Anet will slap on a prefix to the condition damage, toughness, vitality stat combination in one of the future updates.

#3 Reason on Cooldown

Reason on Cooldown

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

How about a bug that would actually give Knights stats to one of them? :P  I am totally stumped at how to replace my exotics with ascended, as I will be severely sacrificing a necessary stat no matter what route I choose.  I would probably be better off just staying with exotics for now.

#4 Red Omen

Red Omen

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[Five]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

I use Knight for armor and Berserker for weapons, trinkets, and so forth. It's hard to find items that provide decent Precision gain that don't also give me less useful stats like Condition Damage and Healing Power, but that setup should give you more or less what you need. You might also want to swap in some Cavalier or pseudo-Valkyrie pieces if you need more Toughness or Vitality respectively (although it's a shame that the Valk pieces only give Vitality in the jewel slot and are Berserker for the rest).

#5 Slic_

Slic_

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostRed Omen, on 18 February 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

I use Knight for armor and Berserker for weapons, trinkets, and so forth. It's hard to find items that provide decent Precision gain that don't also give me less useful stats like Condition Damage and Healing Power, but that setup should give you more or less what you need. You might also want to swap in some Cavalier or pseudo-Valkyrie pieces if you need more Toughness or Vitality respectively (although it's a shame that the Valk pieces only give Vitality in the jewel slot and are Berserker for the rest).

I'm afraid nothing short of cond/vit/tough will give me what I'm looking for.  I specifically need it to be maximum condition damage, and then a large bonus to vitality and toughness.  Right now, I'm using full carrion, but I'd love to find a set that replaces the power bonus I have with toughness.

Hence, why I was asking about this in the 1st place.  Because if it's intentional (won't be changed), then while the cookie cutter builds get ascended gear, I'll be unable to, without gimping my p/d build.  On that note, there isn't even a Carrion version of ascended rings/amulets. :\

#6 Red Omen

Red Omen

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[Five]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

Sorry, I was addressing Reason on Cooldown's concern about the lack of Knight's gear. Cond/Vit/Tou is a really difficult setup to achieve, and I doubt it's something ANet will cater to in the future. Stick with Carrion and a little bit of Rabid, and you should be more or less alright. A few extra points in Precision here and there won't "gimp" you. The fact that you can't focus all your gear on a single stat and have to use at least a three-stat blend reflects their desire for us to have fairly balanced stats.

The decision to mix ascended trinkets with different "jewels" - like Bagh Nakh being the equivalent of a Berserker ring with a Valkyrie jewel - was an odd one, especially given that there's no alternative that's fully Valkyrie. For now, these are what we have to work with, but if you feel like holding out for more options, forgoing the marginal benefit of ascended gear for a few weeks won't hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users