• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xCirkafi

xCirkafi

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

Hey guys. Im lookin for some help finding a decent Ranger build for WvW. Im planning on mostly running small zergs, any tips on some good builds for something like that?

#2 jeddahwe

jeddahwe

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

The thing is its so hard to answer your question without more information because in GW2 the same profession can spec to play various roles from glass cannon to healer/bunker and everything in between...and if that wasn't enough players have found niches that worked super well like using healing food with a high crit and trap SB build to name just one.  Others have found builds that support the pet while they run around keeping the target busy using high amounts of healing and toughness!

As you want to play WvW and in groups my advice is getting piercing arrows and go from there!

20/15/5/0/0  as the foundation of your build leaving you with 20 points to customize as per your choice.

#3 scanz

scanz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

I play a lot of WvW and run this - http://gw2skills.net...UJoySljKJVLLGWA

Accessories are obviously not quite correct, but you get the idea on how I mix them up and I do the same for my actual armour;
- Head, Chest & Leggings = Knights
- Shoulders, Gloves and Boots = Berserker
- Weapons are both Berserker.
Find 30 points in Marksmanship is essential for the piercing arrows and increased range with longbow, which is superb for WvW. Do get tempted to lose the 10% increased damage whilst flanking minor in Skirmishing and putting the extra 5 points into Wilderness Survival for the 2s protection when evading, but then someone will usually buff you anyway.

#4 Belzebu

Belzebu

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CV]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

View Postjeddahwe, on 19 February 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

...and if that wasn't enough players have found niches that worked super well like using healing food with a high crit and trap SB build to name just one.
Can you link that topic or build, please? It sounds like the perfect build for me since I love SB and traps.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wvw, ranger, build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users