• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

[Answered] Can you keep re-leveling the same craft to level your character?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Libertine Lush

Libertine Lush

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

Hey all,

Recently returned to the game, after thinking I'd quit for good, and would appreciate a refresher on what's possible.

I'd like to level a low level character to 80 through crafting, as I understand it to be the fastest way available.  I'd to also do so by expending the least amount of gold.  According to this site (http://gw2crafts.sal....net/total.html), cooking is the cheapest to level to 400.  Is it possible to max level cooking (or any crafting discipline), unlearn it, max it again, over and over, until I reach 80?

Thank you.

#2 ben911993

ben911993

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Guild Tag:[YAAR]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

Nope, afraid not. If you want to get to 80 solely through crafting, you'll have to max most disciplines. I've seen it done with 6 max, and the other 2 around 350.

#3 Libertine Lush

Libertine Lush

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

View Postben911993, on 20 February 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

Nope, afraid not. If you want to get to 80 solely through crafting, you'll have to max most disciplines. I've seen it done with 6 max, and the other 2 around 350.

And I was so excited for a while there, thinking this could expedite the process and that I'd be able to afford it.  Thanks for the info.

#4 ben911993

ben911993

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Guild Tag:[YAAR]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

Yep, unfortunately the quickest way to level takes a wee bit of cash. =/

However, if you're willing to spend a bit more time on leveling, you could do dungeons or farm event chains. There's a few particular chains people like to farm, the centaurs in Kessex Hills starting at the bridge, or the Maw chain in Wayfarer Foothills.

#5 HawkofStorms

HawkofStorms

Guru's Source of Witty Banter

• Members
  • 3100 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

You don't "unlearn" a craft when you change it.  You keep all progress, you just have to pay a fee to swap.  That's why this wouldn't work.

Edited by HawkofStorms, 20 February 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#6 Libertine Lush

Libertine Lush

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

View PostHawkofStorms, on 20 February 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

You don't "unlearn" a craft when you change it.  You keep all progress, you just have to pay a fee to swap.  That's why this wouldn't work.

Ah!  I remember that now.  Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users