I haven't experienced the whole experience of PVP in Guildwars 2 (as in reaching level 80 and so on and so forth) but I would like to put down my 2cents.
- Excessive Number - 5v5 should be implemented (maximized).
- Noticeable Leavers and Awayers - 75% percent of hotjoin matches within 3-7 minutes have either individuals being away from their keyboard or leaving. I can honestly fail to recall one single match where I had the same team since start.
- Absolutely zero communication - 99% of my matches have got players that do not type a single word for 15 minutes.
- Balance issues 1o - This applies to the former section too. What I mean is that it would be better if there was a formula in having a specific range of rank for team competition, such as 0-10 rank team vs 0-10 rank team.
- Balance issues 2o - Allowing overabusive combinations. I assume two elementalists in one team is abusing enough or other combos you could think of.
- Deathmatch mode
- Lack of waypoints - Every single time I die, I feel like I have to participate in a marathon to actually get to the point which I was one nanosecond ago?
- Lack of accessibility and duration of free roaming or duo (spreading out the zerg better)?
Apart from all the technical bits, I feel like those aforementioned changes should be implemented because the current PvP mechanism has one major flaw; it is counter-productive in actually learning not only your class vs other classes but also your class role in a team.
Most important out of them all
Guilds Ranking. I would love to be able to see the rankings of each Guild in PVP as a whole and specifically (spvp/tpvp, wvw) for each continent. It would save a lot of time searching for hints and info on which guild is actually hardcore in PvP. It would also stand out small-scale guilds that focus specifically on either SPvP and TPvP and promote them.
What are the thoughts of this community?
My blog for gaming in GW2
PS: Links for guilds in GW2
Edited by Deathgod Ryuu, 28 February 2013 - 03:38 PM.