Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[LTMG]
  • Server:Vizunah Square

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Hi guys

Just wanted to share with you the Excel tool I made while farming my legendary weapon, in case anyone is interested.

I decided to make this small excel file to track my progress, and, most importantly, to actually *SEE* something progressing.

I don't know if there are any other tools like this - probably - but I thought maybe some people here would find it nice and make a use of it.

How it works:

Basically, all you need to do is to input data in the green cells.

Step 1:
First, go on the first tab (labelled "graph") and select your language ("fr" for french or  "en" english) in the green cell. The easiest way to do so is to select the appropriate green cell (V2), and use the drop down list to select the value:

Posted Image

Step 2:
Now you can select the legendary weapon you want to track just below the language cell: Select the V3 green cell, click on the drop down button, and you should see a list of all legendary weapons in the language you chose in step 1. I'll choose Frostfang in this example:

Posted Image

The component list will update itself accordingly:

Posted Image

Step 3:
Now you are ready to enter your component count. There are 2 places where you need to do so. First, on the first tab ("graph"), you can input your shard count and your mystic clover count, in the two appropriate green cells (V5 and V6). Though those two components aren't tracked strictly speaking, they will have an impact on the required karma/skill points/Mystic coin/Ectos count. I added this in order to take into account the different new ways of getting some components. For instance, if you buy 3 shards with some FotM tokens, it should (and it will) decrease the karma requirement accordingly.

Posted Image

Now you're ready to enter your component count. On the second tab ("data"), enter the current date (you can do so with the [ctrl]+[;] shortcut) in the top row, cell B1:

Posted Image

In the "data" tab, each column corresponds to a snapshot of your component count at a given date (which you just entered). So enter your data there:

Posted Image

Once it's done, you'll see that the first tab ("graph") has been updated automatically. The first dots on the graph are visible (1) the current component count is up to date (2) and the average completion as been calculated (3):

Posted Image

NB: The "ETC" cannot be calculated yet, since it needs at least 2 component count snapshots at 2 different dates to estimate your average completion rate per day.

Step 4 to ...
Now you just need to input your component count once in a while. Let's say that two days after step 3, I enter the updated count in the "data" tab. Once it's done, the first tab ("graph") will now show the updated component count, an ETC based on your average completion rate so far (will be quite off at first but it should gain in precision each time you enter a new component count snapshot), and a graphical representation of your progression per component:

Posted Image

"bonus":
If you want to keep your guildmates updated on your progress, so maybe they can help you with some components you need for instance, you can easily insert a summary of your progress in your guild's forum.

To do so, just select the orange cell (V41), copy it, then go to your forum and paste into your forum thread:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

NB: It works with phpbb forums and should work with any BBCode enabled forum supporting the "code" tag.

Notes:
  • The file is VBA free. I used 100% standard Excel functions so you shouldn't have to worry about nasty VB macros. Feel free to scan the file with your favourite antivirus (which you should do anyway)
  • Every component has the same "weight", even if some are more a problem to gather than others.
  • The tool does not take into account the precursor weapon.
  • The file is in Excel 2010 format (.xlsx), there is no plan to port it to Open document format or any previous Excel format (.xls)
  • If you want to contribute (suggestions, bug reports, translations), please feel free to contact me on this forum :)
Download:
And finally the file: https://dl.dropbox.c...Legendaire.xlsx
(v1.6 - MD5: 735FD80D20D4962C19B868798E0FC034)

Please do not hesitate to leave a comment if you like the file :)

Edited by Mhaelle, 01 June 2013 - 09:17 AM.

#2 Testud0

Testud0

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DD]
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

It's telling me I need a password to edit the materials list below the ETC.

EDIT: never mind I think it'll let me do it in the other tab. :X

Edited by Testud0, 05 March 2013 - 03:25 AM.

#3 Mhaelle

Mhaelle

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

Hello!

Yeah I protected the sheets in order to be sure that people cannot enter stuff where they are not supposed to and mess up the formulas.

Anyway you should not need to edit anything as it is supposed to be dynamic:

On the first tab ("graph"), you choose the language, then the legendary you want to craft, and the component list updates itself (below the ETC and also on the "data" tab where you input your component count).

Let me know if you're facing any issue I'll be happy to help :)

EDIT: I updated the original post with some  screenshots on how to use the file

Edited by Mhaelle, 09 March 2013 - 12:13 PM.

#4 ExkaeI

ExkaeI

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Very nice one.

I'll use it from now and get back to you if any problem. Thanks.

#5 Lone Necromunger

Lone Necromunger

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

It's a great spreadsheet i love it, but my partner has decided she wants to use it as well, and some how she has wiped all the data that shows up and can't get it back. Anyone know how she can fix it?

All the info like plank/bones ect does not show up and i don't know how to fix it, tryed downloading it again but no joy

#6 Mhaelle

Mhaelle

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Hello,

Glad you like the spreadsheet :) That's strange as I locked the cells that should not be modified precisely to avoid this kind of problem...

Has your partner re-entered all the data in a fresh downloaded file or just copy / pasted the data from the apparently corrupted file to the fresh one? If so, try try to:

1) copy paste the data from the not working file into a txt editor (like  notepad)
2) copy paste the data from the text editor into a clean file you just downloaded.

Let me know if this work.

If not, you can also upload the file that is not working (with data if possible) and PM me the link, I'll check if something is messed up in the formulas.

Cheers

#7 Mestinon

Mestinon

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

Link is broken :(

#8 Mhaelle

Mhaelle

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

Hi,

Just tried the link in the first post, and it is working fine for me :huh:

In case you're still having some issues, I uploaded the same file there: http://dl.free.fr/kqJGGd87u
(this link is not a permanent one, it will be deleted if the file is not downloaded for 30 days)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users