clipbord, on 24 February 2013 - 02:13 AM, said:
I'm a big fan of Guild Wars, I have been playing the first one for 6+ years, and I got GW2 release day and I played for a good 2-3 months. It was really fun, got my character to 80 I did tons of dungeons deck my character out in exotic armor. Then it stop, I just lost interest in laying the game, I stopped for a few months.
Now I'm trying to get back, but I can't find myself to enjoy the game, and I'm really trying to spark an interest for the game again. How do you guys keep yourself playing?
I am playing since launch. With top gear and ONE maxed character I do:
1.jumping puzzles - my goad is to do them all, they are fun and challenging
2. sPVP (only casual, buts I am having fun so far.) While its not as good as some games that are orientated around it, it's pretty good.
3.Going to WvsW with friends from time to time. Soloing all the content is boring, don't do that. Find someone to play with.
4. Working towards ascended gear. I am in no rush and feel no weaker than other players. There is no urge to HAVE THAT, it's still nice to have some minor progression.
5. Helping friend with legendary weapon crafting and doing dailies.
6. Exploration: While i did 100% there are still a lot of things that I missed and checking achievement window I start finding them all one by one.
7. A RL friend started playing with us few days ago and we started new characters just for that. I wanted to experience Charr storyline and now I have a chance to do that.
This is generally what I have been doing ingame for the last month. There is little new things at the end of every month, that further keeps me playing. If you Find nothing interesting in the thing I wrote above - sorry :\.
The game does not require subscription, so don't worry you can just play something else until you feel like playing again.
For all the people coming to forums and stating that this game is dead and garbage and it's the worst thing that game industry have created in the last century - you are all *s.
When i bought the game i knew exactly what i was buying! I watched gameplay, I played the beta, i was reading reviews and comments all around the web and i knew that this is what i wanted to play.
Riding the hype wave and buying it just because it had the Guild Wars name is irresponsible and simply stupid.
Lucas Ashrock, I can clearly see that you are actively raiding forums turning people against the game and then state "Nooo, there is no such thing, i only hope that one day it will become better." No, you don't. I am not sure if you are fooling yourself or just a troll, but , please, reflect on it.