#1 MikeSr

MikeSr

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

Lets keep this thread free from tears and bitching about other servers.

Post only stuff relevant to the match.

:)

EDIT: Score

Jade Quarry: 90363 +280

Sanctum of Rall: 49062 +340

Sea of Sorrows: 42708 +70

Edited by MikeSr, 25 February 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#2 Krill

Krill

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

Super competitive, fun match all around. The best week yet!

#3 Sulking

Sulking

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[FIMC]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

Hahahaha, the irony! Good idea, Michael!

Great fights this week! Awesome time!

Edited by Sulking, 25 February 2013 - 03:02 AM.

#4 ChuckS117

ChuckS117

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

Is SoS dying? or waiting to get knocked to T2?

It's been pretty empty for a weekend, no queues at all.

#5 Paramex

Paramex

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

View PostChuckS117, on 25 February 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

Is SoS dying? or waiting to get knocked to T2?

It's been pretty empty for a weekend, no queues at all.

SoS is dead.
ND and MERC in the process of transferring to Blackgate , VoTF is moving as well but hasnt make any decision yet which server they will going to.
Expect another guild to moving out from SoS as well ( AFS to SoR? Tsym to Kaineng? )

Cant wait to see the match between Jade "stacked' Quarry vs Sea of "stacked" Blackgate

#6 SFShinigami

SFShinigami

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[SF]

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:12 AM

And anet makes bundles :D

#7 SmokeyNYY

SmokeyNYY

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

Hey give SoR some love people! We could use a guild or two :)

#8 MikeSr

MikeSr

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

Score Update:

Jade Quarry: 97449 +230

Sanctum of Rall: 56503 +290

Sea of Sorrows: 45373 +170

Please stay on topic. Calling other servers stacked or crying/whining will do you and your server no good. It only makes the T1 topic negative and unsportsmanlike.

#9 Cirus

Cirus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

View PostParamex, on 25 February 2013 - 05:10 AM, said:

SoS is dead.
ND and MERC in the process of transferring to Blackgate , VoTF is moving as well but hasnt make any decision yet which server they will going to.
Expect another guild to moving out from SoS as well ( AFS to SoR? Tsym to Kaineng? )

Cant wait to see the match between Jade "stacked' Quarry vs Sea of "stacked" Blackgate

2 guilds does not make Blackgate stacked, they'd need about 2000 people on all timezones like JQ received for that to happen.

Blackgate with MERC + ND will be at about the same strength as what SoS/SoR is right now.

#10 Paramex

Paramex

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

View PostCirus, on 25 February 2013 - 05:43 AM, said:

2 guilds does not make Blackgate stacked, they'd need about 2000 people on all timezones like JQ received for that to happen.

O'really? i thought MERC alwas boasting about having 1500 members or something. oh and its not just 2 guild, have you forgot that FoE and Agg also moving to Blackgate too?

Blackgate with MERC + ND will be at about the same strength as what SoS/SoR is right now.

Lol.... same strengh as SoS/Sor? already so defensive about your new server Mr MERC Cirus? you complain that JQ is stacked and that is bad thing for competition but now since your beloved guild is about to move to Blackgate, you gonna say that Blackgate wont be another stacked server? such hypocryte....

#11 chuckles79

chuckles79

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1685 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FANG]

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

Don't lock this thread too.  Obviously some guilds feel that paying $1000 dollars in gems is worth not having to rebuild; and I actually wish them great luck..

I'm sure the upcoming months of drama between Sea of Blackgate and Stormbluff Quarry will be very entertaining for the easily amused.

In the meantime, we'll still be here, collecting badges from anyone foolish enough to get in our way; no matter what tier they are in..

#12 MikeSr

MikeSr

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

Listen! Stop posting your tears all over Tier 1 threads. Read the thread title - it says no tears and no whining. We all know your server Sea of Sorrows is not the most stacked server any more. That is too bad and we all feel sympathy for you. But please stop crying all the time on forums.
:)

Edited by MikeSr, 25 February 2013 - 07:09 AM.

#13 Krill

Krill

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

I strongly encourage SoS people not to kick Merc, ND, VoTF, or anyone else in the back on the way out. We never would have had the success we did without Merc, and while that's also true with the help they got from NA transfers, it was a good run and there's no need to be bitter about it. We're all going to miss Merc dearly, but anyone who has assessed the situation with a with a clear head can see why this situation is no longer good for their guild.

And MikeSr...seriously, dear jesus. We can all read the scores on millennium if not in game. We all know JQ is raping shit. You can dispense with the pretentiousness. There is nothing to talk about besides guild news, drama, and all the usual QQ.

Edited by Krill, 25 February 2013 - 07:13 AM.

#14 Cirus

Cirus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostParamex, on 25 February 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

O'really? i thought MERC alwas boasting about having 1500 members or something. oh and its not just 2 guild, have you forgot that FoE and Agg also moving to Blackgate too?

Lol.... same strengh as SoS/Sor? already so defensive about your new server Mr MERC Cirus? you complain that JQ is stacked and that is bad thing for competition but now since your beloved guild is about to move to Blackgate, you gonna say that Blackgate wont be another stacked server? such hypocryte....

You've misunderstood me.

Before these transfers, Sea of Sorrows, Blackgate and Sanctum of Rall were all of similar strength, Blackgate being the weaker of the 3. Two SoS guilds moving there that field 30-50 each per night is not going to put it at anywhere near the level of 24/7 coverage that Jade Quarry has.  I'm not sure if you were online during late January, but for the entire week, every few hours there was a new announcement of yet another guild transferring to Jade Quarry. What Blackgate has received so far pales massively in comparison.

Anyway, the scoreboards will do the talking as to whether I'm right or not, I really can't see Blackgate doing much better than SoS did or SoR is doing currently, which is why I see the move as pointless.

Fwiw I wanted SoS to stay together and fight in tier 2 and have fun, others didn't see it that way. Now that more than half of my prime time is leaving the server, I don't know what to do.

Who are you anyway Paramex? You know me yet I do not know you? You can pm me if you want.

#15 Mance Malhavoc

Mance Malhavoc

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

PRX/SF/AoS and several other JQ guilds have each just payed me 1k gold so that they may merge with the Shadow Gypsies and bow down before their new overlord, me.

SF pink armor nights are canceled.

PRX jump puzzle siege will all go to me now.

AoS will wear shirts that say Stei sucks.

Effective immediately.

Mance

#16 Rookie of the year

Rookie of the year

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Bye SoS, Thanks for the past 2 month effort too bad now it exploded and bombarded R.I.P :angel:

#17 Paramex

Paramex

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostCirus, on 25 February 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

You've misunderstood me.

Before these transfers, Sea of Sorrows, Blackgate and Sanctum of Rall were all of similar strength, Blackgate being the weaker of the 3. Two SoS guilds moving there that field 30-50 each per night is not going to put it at anywhere near the level of 24/7 coverage that Jade Quarry has.  I'm not sure if you were online during late January, but for the entire week, every few hours there was a new announcement of yet another guild transferring to Jade Quarry. What Blackgate has received so far pales massively in comparison.

Anyway, the scoreboards will do the talking as to whether I'm right or not, I really can't see Blackgate doing much better than SoS did or SoR is doing currently, which is why I see the move as pointless.

Fwiw I wanted SoS to stay together and fight in tier 2 and have fun, others didn't see it that way. Now that more than half of my prime time is leaving the server, I don't know what to do.

Who are you anyway Paramex? You know me yet I do not know you? You can pm me if you want.

Hmmm....
What i see after these transfers is that Blackgate could be serious rival for JQ in T1 match. i think you understimated Blackgate, sure for now they still lack some numbers in certain timezones but right now they were very close to become as stacked as JQ.
We dont know how strong BG atm since Foe and Agg arrival but surely it will boost their NA and will probably match JQ NA, now with MERC there i have no doubt that BG will destroy JQ oceanic which is the only JQ weak point, as for ND although this guys is brilliant i dont think they can do much to help BG asian coverage against JQ and FOO giant massive zerg, but with BG strong EU they could still win against JQ EU coverage.

tldr: NA- equal/slight JQ advantage
  Oceanic   :BG win
  SEA/Asian : JQ win
   EU : BG win

In summary i dont think certain guilds decision moving to BG is pointless move and they wont have a chance to compete with JQ, Surely those "big guys" at MERC and ND have some thoughts about this and not decide which server they gonna go by flipping a coin.

As for who am i? nah.. im just some pugs, a common peasants unworthy to be mentioned or maybe i am Clementine of PRX? hmm....

#18 crowea

crowea

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

I can't believe I am posting back here but anyway...

It seems some players from SoS intend to move to BG but many from the large guild in question are staying on SoS (according to those I spoke with in-game). What the effect on the players in that guild i am not sure.

I posted some time ago that the days of whole guilds moving are finished. There will be movement, sure, but more likely guilds will break up with a block of members transferring and the rest staying, either as a separate entity, or, in the case of a couple of ex- FoE and Agg, being absorbed into other guilds. In a strange way this is going to benefit JQ, as it means it is going to hold on to its players more easily.

Believe it or not SoS is not dead/imploded/exploded or anything else. Even if 300 players transfer to BG (unlikely) SoS will continue to have by far the largest oceanic population of any server. Most of us rolled on SoS in the first place to hang with people in the same time-zone and basically fellow aussies and NZers (who are far more laid back than most of the posters here) and that hasn't changed.

Tonight SoS had taken most of EB and SoS b'lands and was a lot of fun doing it (even being portal bombed by CHOO who seemed to be up late tonight).

And I agree in that BG is a tad overrated (and over-confident), I think they are pretty level with Kaineng, seemingly pvp-dooring each other, and it will be a while before either of those move to T1 with or without transfers. The people I believe are going across to BG aren't going to make much of an impact on what WM are doing.

#19 zennmezz

zennmezz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

View Postcrowea, on 25 February 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I agree in that BG is a tad overrated (and over-confident), I think they are pretty level with Kaineng, seemingly pvp-dooring each other, and it will be a while before either of those move to T1 with or without transfers. The people I believe are going across to BG aren't going to make much of an impact on what WM are doing.

how is BG overrated?  bullied and accused of hacking by JQ and SBI, kicked out from tier 1 twice, loss major guilds from 1st drop from t1,  still alive and kicking.... its one of the best communities out there...

#20 crowea

crowea

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostParamex, on 25 February 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

Hmmm....
What i see after these transfers is that Blackgate could be serious rival for JQ in T1 match. i think you understimated Blackgate, sure for now they still lack some numbers in certain timezones but right now they were very close to become as stacked as JQ.
We dont know how strong BG atm since Foe and Agg arrival but surely it will boost their NA and will probably match JQ NA, now with MERC there i have no doubt that BG will destroy JQ oceanic which is the only JQ weak point, as for ND although this guys is brilliant i dont think they can do much to help BG asian coverage against JQ and FOO giant massive zerg, but with BG strong EU they could still win against JQ EU coverage.

tldr: NA- equal/slight JQ advantage
  Oceanic   :BG win
  SEA/Asian : JQ win
   EU : BG win

In summary i dont think certain guilds decision moving to BG is pointless move and they wont have a chance to compete with JQ, Surely those "big guys" at MERC and ND have some thoughts about this and not decide which server they gonna go by flipping a coin.

As for who am i? nah.. im just some pugs, a common peasants unworthy to be mentioned or maybe i am Clementine of PRX? hmm....

I love how you completely ignore SoR in this.

JQ is winning T1 mainly because they are not really being challenged significantly in the Asian timeslot. They put on nearly all their points over about a six hour period. WM was a good counter to them when on SBI, but SoS and SoR has not had a large enough force to stop them.

It is that which hurts SoS the most. We have put on large scores (say +600 ppt) only to see FoO come on at about 11 PM sydney time as oceanic people are logging off. They then effectively pvdoor and are able to hold on to a large +ppt for a couple of hours. Next morning they have going up about 10K on SoS and SoR.

Sooo.... if BG are serious about getting in to T1 and mounting a serious challenge to JQ then it pretty much is all about their Asian-timezone guilds. Those people moving across from MERC would be aware of this. That's also why  reckon KN with WM would be a greater threat to JQ.

Edited by crowea, 25 February 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#21 crowea

crowea

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

View Postzennmezz, on 25 February 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

how is BG overrated?  bullied and accused of hacking by JQ and SBI, kicked out from tier 1 twice, loss major guilds from 1st drop from t1,  still alive and kicking.... its one of the best communities out there...
Over-confidence from some on BG. I agree looking at the T2 thread the community on BG seems to be rolling pretty well at the moment.

And I agree JQ and SBI trash-talked BG really badly.  SoS has been putting up with it ever since we got into T1 - and guess what - if and when BG moves to T1 again you will have the joys of JQ trolls - (it was more SBI initially - JQ only the last weeks, so my guess is it may not be the original JQ people. But who knows).

SoR are classy people though and are my favourite server to play against (as are TC actually).

[I'll add that it would be really cool to see JQ go down to BG for the reasons you state above, just to see them QQ.  Although I am very sad we are losing a couple of core people from SoS I really liked]

Edited by crowea, 25 February 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#22 Paramex

Paramex

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

View Postcrowea, on 25 February 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

I love how you completely ignore SoR in this.

Umm.. im not trying to disrespect SoR but they lack coverage in any timeslots except NA to compete in T1. its a shame though, SoR NA is the strongest among all NA servers, maybe if they have some reinforcements in other timeslot besides NA then they might have a chance of winning T1

#23 crowea

crowea

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostParamex, on 25 February 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

Umm.. im not trying to disrespect SoR but they lack coverage in any timeslots except NA to compete in T1. its a shame though, SoR NA is the strongest among all NA servers, maybe if they have some reinforcements in other timeslot besides NA then they might have a chance of winning T1
And I suppose that's where the structural problem of WvW lies - SoR SoS and JQ probably have the strongest NA/Oceanic/SEA respectively yet one of them wins by 80K.

#24 Kleenex

Kleenex

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

Ah all it took was 3 losses..At least SBI used to handle alot more losses before shit hit the fan :D

#25 Zander

Zander

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

Just to * with everyone forum parade, might i suggest locking any T1 thread and deleting any new started until Friday reset? It's obvious that JQ and SoS have no love for eachother. These folks don't know how to keep it on the battlefield. Any T1 thread with these two servers will be nothing but trolling, whining and drama.

#26 AngelSpark

AngelSpark

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

I do find it funny how some - and I repeat, SOME - SoS posters seem to have a huge chip on their shoulder with regards to JQ. If it's the trolls that our (and every) server has, you learn to ignore them and get over it. If it's the demoralising feeling of losing, then we've all experienced it, and there really is no need to lash out. We were kicked and beaten for weeks, and while we had a few whiners, the majority of us kept showing up every day, because fighting when you can is still fun.

Now we have "more coverage" with the sudden influx of guilds, but it seems to me that most of the new guilds were NA - all this says is that we were clearly outmatched in NA beforehand, and yes, it does suck that the SoS ace in oceanics is nulled by our SEA presence, but I wouldn't call that 24/7 coverage. After we've been kicked around in Oceanic time, the scoreline is just exacerbated by the circumstance of SEA prime coming right after Oceanic prime.

Give it a few weeks, attrition or transfers will change things, and we'll go back to being kicked around. Still will be a hell of a time going out there and giving it your all no matter what server though. Personally, considering that there is no actual reward for winning in WvW, I don't see anything to complain about, it's not like you miss out on something by not winning for a week - the good fights are still there. Take it with a grain of salt if it helps, since I am one of those evil JQers who is proud of his stacked server, but do try to have fun.

#27 Cirus

Cirus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostParamex, on 25 February 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

Pugs are essential to WvW, as much as the big guilds like to blow their trumpet on how important they are, no server can function without pugs.

Anyway, I know a lot of people in WvW, what's your in game name? If you WvW on Sea of Sorrows I'll probably recognize it, that's if you're on Sea of Sorrows.

#28 Sulking

Sulking

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostAngelSpark, on 25 February 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

I do find it funny how some - and I repeat, SOME - SoS posters seem to have a huge chip on their shoulder with regards to JQ.

It goes both ways. Make sure you mention that. You say you have trolls, but believe it or not, you have people on your server and in this very forum who have the BIGGESST HUGEST FREAKIN GRUUUDGE against SoS that it isn't even funny. Like, they should build a bridge or something. Some people hate JQ, but that's because the roflstomp us in ppt. Only natural.

People who still hold a grudge against SoS during this time should go get some counselling or have a DnE with their BFF. I dunno. lol

But errmm, great matches! Was fun! I celebrated today's battles with a fractal run with mah fractal hat on :3

edit: <3 you Michael Senior

Edited by Sulking, 25 February 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#29 Lunacy Polish

Lunacy Polish

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

The only thing constant is change.  I have found my place on JQ and won't be going anywhere until the server dies (not happening soon) in all likelihood.

But I know this constant ROFL stomping in points will not last.  Drama is inevitable; eventually someone will get bored of this and "switch sides".  I make more of an effort to try to play the map we are losing the most on when I am out an

#30 Sulking

Sulking

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

And I don't whine btw, I Sulk.

Edited by Sulking, 25 February 2013 - 01:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users