Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

[Build] Bionic Boom - Non-Healing Shout Greatsword


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 TastySlop

TastySlop

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 96 posts
  • Location:Massachusetts, US

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

So you've put together all the gear for the Sonic Boon build and now you find that the shout heals are not really helping as much as you thought they would. Would you rather do 40% more damage instead? All you need to do is reset your traits and change one utility skill:

http://gw2buildcraft....0.a6.a5|55.7|e

Heal: Healing Surge
Utilities: Shake It Off, For Great Justice, Banner of Discipline
Elite: Signet of Rage

It only costs 3.5 silver to reset your traits, and it costs nothing to change your utility skill, so you might as well give it a try.

#2 Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2417 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Very nice, I use a similar one.
I simply can't let go fast hands and height focus...

#3 Raemyi

Raemyi

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 537 posts
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

Out of curiosity, since this is a tweak on an existing build, would you mind breaking down where the 40% extra damage is coming from?  Sorry if it's an overly obvious question. :surprised:

#4 Sithicus Dias

Sithicus Dias

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 288 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[TAC]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostRaemyi, on 26 February 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

Out of curiosity, since this is a tweak on an existing build, would you mind breaking down where the 40% extra damage is coming from?  Sorry if it's an overly obvious question. :surprised:

I agree with this, also credit the author of Sonic Boon.

#5 TastySlop

TastySlop

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 96 posts
  • Location:Massachusetts, US

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostRaemyi, on 26 February 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

Out of curiosity, since this is a tweak on an existing build, would you mind breaking down where the 40% extra damage is coming from?  Sorry if it's an overly obvious question. :surprised:
Slashing Power x1.1
Stick and Move x1.03
Attack of Opportunity x1.1
Extra Power and Precision x1.1
Banner of Discipline x1.03

You can look at the "Effective Power" in the link in the first post and the Visual Build link in the second post on the Sonic Boon build and you will see that this one is 37% higher. Banner of Discipline is not included in the Effective Power calculation, so it becomes 40% higher.

However, you should just try it instead of looking at numbers.

#6 chullster

chullster

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 363 posts
  • Location:Blighty, the land of bad weather and plucky Brits
  • Guild Tag:[BZRK]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

hahaha weak-sauce

Completely off topic: as you're talking about effective power from this site, and I saw it mentioned elsewhere I thought I'd try my warrior build/equipment that I actually play with and got effective power of 6692 with no food/consumables.

http://gw2buildcraft...a.0.a6.f5|0.0|e

It's showing me with 22.5k health which I know is wrong for a start, unless the upper health number is supposed to be the one displayed in game.

Is that EP number what in game power would be at with full might stacks etc? Or just a random number from a calculation made up by someone off the internet?

So according to this site, what I run is about 35.5% more EP than the improvement build which is 37% more EP than the wammo build? And I've not even min/maxed everything for damage (Looking at you overpriced infusions).

According to this site then shout healers are shitter than I thought, and I thought they were bad before.

Unless my maths is off, which is highly likely, as I'm just a person from the internet :D

Edited by chullster, 26 February 2013 - 03:35 PM.


#7 TastySlop

TastySlop

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 96 posts
  • Location:Massachusetts, US

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostSithicus Dias, on 26 February 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

I agree with this, also credit the author of Sonic Boon.
This is not a tweak on an existing build. It is the traits and skill bar for a standard DPS warrior build combined with the gear you have after building out the Sonic Boon build. I am neither endorsing nor discrediting the choice of gear, merely assuming it as a fact.

#8 Sithicus Dias

Sithicus Dias

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 288 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[TAC]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

I just said it because you actually mentioned Sonic Boon that's all, and that's a pretty specific gear set, i.e. it's not just one type of armour.

#9 Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2417 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

View Postchullster, on 26 February 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

hahaha weak-sauce

Completely off topic: as you're talking about effective power from this site, and I saw it mentioned elsewhere I thought I'd try my warrior build/equipment that I actually play with and got effective power of 6692 with no food/consumables.

http://gw2buildcraft...a.0.a6.f5|0.0|e

It's showing me with 22.5k health which I know is wrong for a start, unless the upper health number is supposed to be the one displayed in game.

Is that EP number what in game power would be at with full might stacks etc? Or just a random number from a calculation made up by someone off the internet?

So according to this site, what I run is about 35.5% more EP than the improvement build which is 37% more EP than the wammo build? And I've not even min/maxed everything for damage (Looking at you overpriced infusions).

According to this site then shout healers are shitter than I thought, and I thought they were bad before.

Unless my maths is off, which is highly likely, as I'm just a person from the internet :D

It's just that the site adds the bonus from scholar runes.
Realistically tho, that bonus would last very little in most situations.

#10 zp3dd4

zp3dd4

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostRed_Falcon, on 27 February 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:



It's just that the site adds the bonus from scholar runes.
Realistically tho, that bonus would last very little in most situations.


Aside from the increase in damage mitigation, another big advantage of boon builds are might stacks stick around longer and your signet of rage is almost up permanently meaning you don't loose damage when fury is down. Also the permanent swiftness helps a lot.

#11 chullster

chullster

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 363 posts
  • Location:Blighty, the land of bad weather and plucky Brits
  • Guild Tag:[BZRK]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

View Postzp3dd4, on 28 February 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

Aside from the increase in damage mitigation, another big advantage of boon builds are might stacks stick around longer and your signet of rage is almost up permanently meaning you don't loose damage when fury is down. Also the permanent swiftness helps a lot.

Healing is not damage mitigation. Blind, block, evade or better yet, a dead enemy, is damage mitigation. When you play in an area where stuff hits you hard you'll notice the difference. With healing a 30k hit does not feel the same as a 3k hit, with proper damage mitigation 30k feels exactly the same as 3k, because you blocked it, or evaded etc.

You can get plenty of might stacks without gimping yourself with boon duration runes. Aiming for 25 perma is stupid as you'll get more from other players, wasting them. 25 might on top of a wammo build is not as much of a buff as 25 might is to a DPS build.

You do lose damage when fury is down, because fury is down and you're -20% crit rate. I don't understand what you're saying.

Perma swiftness helps alot? in open world PvE sure, but then open world PvE is so easy you could probably do it with half a skill bar empty. Dungeons and fractals, perma swiftness is again, a waste, handy for small sections, but that's all it is, handy.

Edited by chullster, 01 March 2013 - 10:28 AM.


#12 zp3dd4

zp3dd4

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

View Postchullster, on 01 March 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

Healing is not damage mitigation. Blind, block, evade or better yet, a dead enemy, is damage mitigation. When you play in an area where stuff hits you hard you'll notice the difference. With healing a 30k hit does not feel the same as a 3k hit, with proper damage mitigation 30k feels exactly the same as 3k, because you blocked it, or evaded etc.

You can get plenty of might stacks without gimping yourself with boon duration runes. Aiming for 25 perma is stupid as you'll get more from other players, wasting them. 25 might on top of a wammo build is not as much of a buff as 25 might is to a DPS build.

You do lose damage when fury is down, because fury is down and you're -20% crit rate. I don't understand what you're saying.

Perma swiftness helps alot? in open world PvE sure, but then open world PvE is so easy you could probably do it with half a skill bar empty. Dungeons and fractals, perma swiftness is again, a waste, handy for small sections, but that's all it is, handy.

You do realize fury is never down with boon builds.. Also I am not a fan of the healing shouts, I just run almost full zerker with 3 pieces of knight.

#13 BnJ

BnJ

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[MARK]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

View PostRed_Falcon, on 25 February 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

Very nice, I use a similar one.
I simply can't let go fast hands and height focus...

You seemed to have linked the exact same build the OP did.

I'd be interested to see your trait layout, plus equipment set as I don't really want to let go of Fast Hands either.

#14 Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2417 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostShroomhead Fred, on 04 March 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

You seemed to have linked the exact same build the OP did.

I'd be interested to see your trait layout, plus equipment set as I don't really want to let go of Fast Hands either.

Meh, on this site my links tend to fail a lot for some reasons.
I'm using this: Gear/Traits with zerk armor as a switch in my inventory.


Not having 9% crit from H.Focus is just a MAJOR DPS loss.
95% crit is much, much better than 86%. Almost all HBs are ending in all crits, with 86% most HBs will get 1-2 non-crits.
Even with Axe non-critting my autos feels really bad.

#15 zp3dd4

zp3dd4

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostRed_Falcon, on 05 March 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

Meh, on this site my links tend to fail a lot for some reasons.
I'm using this: Gear/Traits with zerk armor as a switch in my inventory.


Not having 9% crit from H.Focus is just a MAJOR DPS loss.
95% crit is much, much better than 86%. Almost all HBs are ending in all crits, with 86% most HBs will get 1-2 non-crits.
Even with Axe non-critting my autos feels really bad.

I run something very similar:
http://gw2buildcraft....0.0.k65|55.8|e

Edited by zp3dd4, 05 March 2013 - 04:50 PM.


#16 Ninja Battle Lion

Ninja Battle Lion

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

View PostRed_Falcon, on 05 March 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

/snip

Weren't you the one waddling in disbelief at bog standard 2K Axe AAs?

#17 BnJ

BnJ

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[MARK]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

View PostRed_Falcon, on 05 March 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

Meh, on this site my links tend to fail a lot for some reasons.
I'm using this: Gear/Traits with zerk armor as a switch in my inventory.


Not having 9% crit from H.Focus is just a MAJOR DPS loss.
95% crit is much, much better than 86%. Almost all HBs are ending in all crits, with 86% most HBs will get 1-2 non-crits.
Even with Axe non-critting my autos feels really bad.

Thanks for sharing. You've given me some food for thought.

Interesting choice picking up rune of sanctuary over fire. Another +10% boon duration is enticing, but I'm not sure I want to lose +20% might duration in its place.

I've been using half zerker half knights for my armor, with all zerker trinkets, but I'm starting to lean towards going full knights on my armor for a little more toughness. Maybe I should just do what you do and carry 2 sets, but then again I'm a lazy mofo and prefer just using one set for everything.

Edited by Shroomhead Fred, 06 March 2013 - 01:40 PM.


#18 Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2417 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostNinja Battle Lion, on 05 March 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

Weren't you the one waddling in disbelief at bog standard 2K Axe AAs?

How is this related to my post in any way?

And btw the guy was claiming to hit 2.9k dmg on the first axe autoattack hit with 8 might only, and that is simply false.
I have a set with 7005 effective power and the first hit under the same conditions deal 2k to 2.3k.
People tend to lie a lot about their damage.

#19 Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2417 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

@Shroom
Personal preference I guess.
I prefer 10% duration on all boons rather than 20% on just might.
The day Anet decides to fix the goddamn superior sanctuary runes it'll be 15% so it'll be an easy decision.

I'm too tempted by Knight's armor but the loss of crit and possible aggro increase makes me somewhat skeptical.
Of course I'll end up trying it (can't get enough of min/maxing lol) but I'm worried the results might not be so appealing... we'll see.

#20 Lucav

Lucav

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 264 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SC]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostRed_Falcon, on 06 March 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

How is this related to my post in any way?

And btw the guy was claiming to hit 2.9k dmg on the first axe autoattack hit with 8 might only, and that is simply false.
I have a set with 7005 effective power and the first hit under the same conditions deal 2k to 2.3k.
People tend to lie a lot about their damage.
Except I didnt lie about my damage, and I posted proof which you ignored. But thanks for calling me a liar and not responding to my post weeks ago, it really lends credence to your arguments.

#21 Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2417 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

Your skillbar shows the second hit of Axe auto.
Next time don't make it so obvious.

Edited by Khalija, 07 March 2013 - 09:50 PM.
removed quote of deleted content, removed insults


#22 Nikephoros

Nikephoros

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1098 posts
  • Location:Florida
  • Guild Tag:[DnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Who cares about screen shots, combat logs and videos when I have spread sheets to prove my point!

Falcon, you mention that you only do 1.7k against trash in fractal mobs.  I shouldnt have to tell you that level 80 Orr trash light armor mobs have different armor/toughness scores than level 82 dredge or ascalon vets do.

#23 Lucav

Lucav

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 264 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SC]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostRed_Falcon, on 07 March 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

Your skillbar shows the second hit of Axe auto.
Next time don't make it so obvious.
Actually thats my skillbar and my screenshot, and yes that is double chop, your powers of observation continue to astound me. Chop is about 7% less damage then double chop so 2930 * .93 = 2750 is how much chop would have hit for under the same circumstances. Still substantially more then the 2k max you claim. I sincerely doubt you play a berserker warrior because these numbers are quite normal. You still havent apologized for calling me a liar btw.

Edited by Khalija, 07 March 2013 - 09:49 PM.
edited quote to remove insults





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users