• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Bugged Runes on Armor (Since Launch of this game)

bug armor runes

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Empty Promises

Empty Promises

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MoS]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

Hi Guildwars2guru users out there, I got a problem of mine that I'm worried about, back within a week after the release of GW2, I managed to hit Lvl 80 with my Mesmer and I suddenly became interested in character aesthetics, trying to find the right look for my character and grabbing gear here and there. (Haven't played for awhile+plus I'm a poor user (money making tips appreciated  which explains my low equipment stats.)

One day I decided to buy and equip my 'Runes of the Pirate', because I became interested in farming at the Ruins of Orr, and wanting more magic find. The problem came when I looked at one of my pieces of armor which contained my 'Runes of the Afflicated'. It was bugged, and claimed that there were 7/6 runes equipped on 'one' piece of armor, were as my Pirate runes, where on 5 other pieces and claimed that there were 5/6 runes currently. What?! That means I have 12 runes on my character, which I believe the current limit is 7-8 (breathing mask, back included).

I left the game for about 3 months before returning this month waiting for new content to be released (plus friends aren't as active anymore with the game), and I am still surprised that it hasn't gotten patched up. So what's your thoughts on this? Hacks/Unfair player advantage? Just bugged and doesn't provide anything or I'm just a lucky dog? Thank you. (Btw for you wondering if you can transmutate the runes to other armor sets (which is only the leggings) yes it is possible without losing anything.)

Attached Files

#2 cookieeater1

cookieeater1

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

You probably have Pirate runes equipped on the PvP armour of your mesmer.

#3 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5370 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

Indeed, the system does take into account your PvP-runes when counting aswell.

#4 Bloggi

Bloggi

Savant

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[CRAP]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

View Postcookieeater1, on 26 February 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

You probably have Pirate runes equipped on the PvP armour of your mesmer.

View PostLordkrall, on 26 February 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

Indeed, the system does take into account your PvP-runes when counting aswell.

Definitely something to do with this. AFAIK the rune bonuses should still work as per normal as if the only runes you had were the ones on your PvE armor. It's like the 12/6 runes I've got on one of my toons. It still works normally.

#5 Empty Promises

Empty Promises

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

No this isn't PvP-runes, as I hardly ever particpated on it, and that was on another account. I'm worried, because I want to change my rune-set up, and I'm afraid of losing out on these free stats.

EDIT: As I said this is all PvE, nothing to do with PvP

Edited by Empty Promises, 26 February 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#6 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5370 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

Well, if you are actually getting the "free stats" you are technically exploiting a bug in the system and should change it as soon as possible unless you wants to get banned.
It is however quite likely that it is simply a display error and no additional stats actually added.

#7 Coren

Coren

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[DRK]

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

Best way to find out is to take off.the armor and see how your stats change, but I agreeewith krall(for once:)) if your stats do change as if you had 7 runes, you need to change runes ASAP before you get spotted.

#8 Harmony

Harmony

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 86 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[Old]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

It's a display bug as posted on the official forums a couple months ago. If you go to the Heart of the Mists, check what runes are equipped on your PvP set.

EDIT: As I said this is all PvE, nothing to do with PvP

Technically it is to do with your PvP armour set, even if you've never set foot in PvP. You're char will have a default set of runes equipped.

#9 Empty Promises

Empty Promises

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostCoren, on 26 February 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

Best way to find out is to take off.the armor and see how your stats change, but I agreeewith krall(for once:)) if your stats do change as if you had 7 runes, you need to change runes ASAP before you get spotted.
Its weird though, I never hacked the game, nor did I cheat in any method, and fact that this hasn't been fixed for months is also interesting. What I really like about this game is all the weird encounters that occurs to me, such as bugged stats, to glitched easter eggs (such as the Zombie Dragon under the Fort Trinity map, which I made a post of that ages ago). But what would happen to me if, say I didn't do anything and just played normally (not like I do anything these days except the Trading Post)?

View PostHarmony, on 26 February 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

It's a display bug as posted on the official forums a couple months ago. If you go to the Heart of the Mists, check what runes are equipped on your PvP set.

Technically it is to do with your PvP armour set, even if you've never set foot in PvP. You're char will have a default set of runes equipped.
I see, I'll get right on it, and post the results later, so how can I exactly check with precision?

#10 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5370 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostEmpty Promises, on 26 February 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

Its weird though, I never hacked the game, nor did I cheat in any method, and fact that this hasn't been fixed for months is also interesting. What I really like about this game is all the weird encounters that occurs to me, such as bugged stats, to glitched easter eggs (such as the Zombie Dragon under the Fort Trinity map, which I made a post of that ages ago). But what would happen to me if, say I didn't do anything and just played normally (not like I do anything these days except the Trading Post)?

You would get banned, for exploiting a bug or unintended feature. Claiming that you "did not know" it was unintended will not help you when it is quite clear that it would give you an unfair advantage.

#11 Harmony

Harmony

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

It's not an exploit, it's a tooltip bug. You only get the benefit of the runes equipped in your current armour. If you have 6/6 Runes of the Afflicted in your PvE armour and 6/6 Runes of the Afflicted in your PvP set, the tooltip will show 12/12 but that's it. Your stats will reflect 6/6 in each set.

#12 Empty Promises

Empty Promises

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

View PostLordkrall, on 26 February 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

You would get banned, for exploiting a bug or unintended feature. Claiming that you "did not know" it was unintended will not help you when it is quite clear that it would give you an unfair advantage.
True, thanks for the advice, its not like I benefit that much from my afflicted runes that much, I run a glass cannon build for mesmer to kill things quickly in PvE, and I can't use the poison stats, and conditional damge doesn't benefit that much. I'll either get rid of it or store (just like a memory or something). Thanks for the help people.

#13 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5370 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostHarmony, on 26 February 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

It's not an exploit, it's a tooltip bug. You only get the benefit of the runes equipped in your current armour. If you have 6/6 Runes of the Afflicted in your PvE armour and 6/6 Runes of the Afflicted in your PvP set, the tooltip will show 12/12 but that's it. Your stats will reflect 6/6 in each set.

I am fully aware of that (I did after all mention that in the second post in this very thread) , but in the case that it DOES give extra stats it is very much an exploit.

#14 Empty Promises

Empty Promises

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostHarmony, on 26 February 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

Yeah I checked right now, thanks Harmony, it was indeed a bug with the tool tip (I can finally change the rune now :)). Forgive me since I haven't played for more than 3 months so I was unaware of anything that occured during that time.

Edited by Empty Promises, 26 February 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#15 Harmony

Harmony

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostLordkrall, on 26 February 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

I am fully aware of that (I did after all mention that in the second post in this very thread) , but in the case that it DOES give extra stats it is very much an exploit.

My post was not in reply to yours. Of course it would be an exploit if that were the case, however, I was merely reassuring the OP that this is not.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, armor, runes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users