• Curse Sites
Help
* * * - - 2 votes

GUILD MISSIONS & SMALLER GUILDS = NO LOVE!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hellspawn2323

Hellspawn2323

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Well for those of guilds who can afford the massive cost of unlocking guilds missions congrats im happy for you. But as of today myself and my friends who are over the age of 30 who work 40hrs a week and have families unfortunatly cannot afford to obtain the new content.

Since we are older joining a large guild with young players is not viable for us we prefer too have a smaller more personal guild of close friends. so since we cannot have access to the new content without grinding infleunce for months we have decided to back away from GW2 take a break until the game becomes community / smaller guild friendly.

It seems the direction the developers are going isnt smaller guild friendly so its time for us to move on. Thanks everyone enjoy the new fun stuff ill watch some videos online wish we could have enjoyed them aswell.

Im sure theres some reasonable reason why they wish to make obtaining Guild missions so hard to obtain for smaller guilds I just do not see it maybe a developer could respond and clearify.

Remeber the Challenge of Content should not be the obtaining or permission to do said content, The Challenge should be the content itself!!!

Edited by Hellspawn2323, 27 February 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#2 tfckmk988

tfckmk988

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

i've said this in another thread on the subject but are the other modes of guild missions just as cost restrictive?

#3 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5337 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

It is very possible for every single guild in the game to unlock and start every single one of these missions.
It simply takes time.

#4 Dosearius

Dosearius

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

We already have a thread discussing Guild Missions here.  No point in starting your very own to just to say 'I'm leaving till they give me what I want'.  You could have just as easily done that in the other thread and not clogged the page with yet another 'buh-bye' thread.

#5 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2048 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[HEAT]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

View PostDosearius, on 27 February 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

We already have a thread discussing Guild Missions here.  No point in starting your very own to just to say 'I'm leaving till they give me what I want'.  You could have just as easily done that in the other thread and not clogged the page with yet another 'buh-bye' thread.
Or give us something on how you can fix it.

#6 Tehassassin

Tehassassin

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Because he wants other peoples opinions. And I agree with OP, Even blizzard realized they were * themselves by thinking they only have to cater to the larger guilds, because casual players dont matter. They added in all kinds of new options for smaller guilds in their last expansion. OP said it perfect, the difficulty shouldnt be getting the content, it should be the content itself.

Edited by Khalija, 27 February 2013 - 05:26 PM.
don't self-censor

#7 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5337 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostTehassassin, on 27 February 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Because he wants other peoples opinions. And I agree with OP, Even blizzard realized they were * themselves by thinking they only have to cater to the larger guilds, because casual players dont matter. They added in all kinds of new options for smaller guilds in their last expansion. OP said it perfect, the difficulty shouldnt be getting the content, it should be the content itself.

Ah yes of course. Because 6 months of stuff catering ONLY to casuals is a good thing.

There have been ONE thing that bigger guilds could do together since release, and that is WvW. Everything else have catered to solo players or small guilds.

#8 Hellspawn2323

Hellspawn2323

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Taking a break isnt leaving. secondly this isnt a "I want the guild my way thread" this is a my guild doesnt have access too the only content patch since games release without spending months GRINDING infleunce with how little time we have to do so.

#9 Khalija

Khalija

Leaf on the Wind

• Administrators
  • Curse Premium
  • 4150 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

Since the purpose of this thread is just to announce that the OP and friends are quitting the game, I'm closing this thread. That, and we already have a nice thread on Guild Missions for people to participate in.

Feel free to PM me if you have a question regarding moderation, want to leave some feedback, or just want to chat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users