Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* - - - - 1 votes

[Answered] Well the portal "fix" did nothing at all.


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Bloodtau

Bloodtau

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Banned
  • 999 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

I'm talking about this little snippet "Mesmer Portals can no longer be interacted with when there is an obstruction between them and the player."

How exactly have arenanet recoded it? Players can still port through walls, up slopes, around corners etc....

#2 Urakihs

Urakihs

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

You're not understanding the change. This made it so you can't ENTER a portal that is on the other side of a wall.

#3 Bloodtau

Bloodtau

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Banned
  • 999 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostUrakihs, on 27 February 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

You're not understanding the change. This made it so you can't ENTER a portal that is on the other side of a wall.

But i've just seen people doing this in wvw....

#4 Kovares

Kovares

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

You still don't understand. Example:
You are outside of the keep. A friendly mesmer is inside. If he drops the exit where he stands, jumps out over the walls and drops the entrance for you, you can use it to get into the keep, that's working as intended still. What they fixed was that the mesmer could drop the exit inside the keep, then walk to the gate on his side, and drop the entrance *on his side of the gate*, and you could still activate it through the gate.

#5 El Duderino

El Duderino

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2248 posts
  • Location:Drowning in a White Russian listening to Creedence
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[DuDE]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

View PostKovares, on 27 February 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

You still don't understand. Example:
You are outside of the keep. A friendly mesmer is inside. If he drops the exit where he stands, jumps out over the walls and drops the entrance for you, you can use it to get into the keep, that's working as intended still. What they fixed was that the mesmer could drop the exit inside the keep, then walk to the gate on his side, and drop the entrance *on his side of the gate*, and you could still activate it through the gate.

That clears it up for me. Good stuff.

#6 Bloodtau

Bloodtau

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Banned
  • 999 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

View PostKovares, on 27 February 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

You still don't understand. Example:
You are outside of the keep. A friendly mesmer is inside. If he drops the exit where he stands, jumps out over the walls and drops the entrance for you, you can use it to get into the keep, that's working as intended still. What they fixed was that the mesmer could drop the exit inside the keep, then walk to the gate on his side, and drop the entrance *on his side of the gate*, and you could still activate it through the gate.

Ooooh. I get you now. To stop it when for instance, dies at an area inside a keep where he can be ressed (such as bay water gate) then drops the portal where he is ressed to bring everyone inside

#7 Kurosov

Kurosov

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 593 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[TAC]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

The only problem with this fix is it was the only way of escaping when stuck in the landscape or an object so hopefully that will be the next bug to be squashed.

#8 Bloodtau

Bloodtau

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Banned
  • 999 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

View PostKurosov, on 27 February 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

The only problem with this fix is it was the only way of escaping when stuck in the landscape or an object so hopefully that will be the next bug to be squashed.

Well I always found "wiggling" usually made you unstuck after a period of time. That or waypointing

#9 Jump_N_Move

Jump_N_Move

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

Phase retreat and the sword skill 3 tele will work too. Blink never works though if you are in an object:(

#10 Arduin

Arduin

    Q&A King

  • Site Contributors
  • 4284 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

Moving this to Q&A and tagging it as [answered] as there is nothing to discuss here, as far as I can see.

Feeling your post got wrongfully deleted? Thread locked? Want to chat? Send me a PM. I won't bite :eek:


Be wary of expressing your opinion as fact; facts can be proven wrong.


#11 Waar Kijk Je Naar

Waar Kijk Je Naar

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1595 posts
  • Location:The Netherlands
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[GSD]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

View PostBloodtau, on 27 February 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

Well I always found "wiggling" usually made you unstuck after a period of time. That or waypointing
Which costs precious money :P

View PostJump_N_Move, on 27 February 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

Phase retreat and the sword skill 3 tele will work too. Blink never works though if you are in an object:(
The problem is, ofcourse, that not everyone is a mesmer, which made Portal all the better.

#12 Arador Peredhil

Arador Peredhil

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 5 posts
  • Location:Left Coast, USA
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[COE]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

View PostKurosov, on 27 February 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

The only problem with this fix is it was the only way of escaping when stuck in the landscape or an object so hopefully that will be the next bug to be squashed.

have you tried /stuck or /unstuck ?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users