Earlier today, Gaile Gray posted on the official forums to clarify ArenaNet's stance on macros and multi-boxing. It's a subject that hasn't always been clear to players, so it's a good idea to read over it to make sure everybody is on the same page. Better safe than sorry, right?
Guild Wars 2 players are permitted to use macros as long as the macros are programmed with a 1 key for 1 function protocol.
- This means that if you program a macro, it must require one keystroke per action. You may not program a single key to perform multiple functions.
- For example, if you Press A and it results in the casting of a single skill, you’re ok. If you Press A and it casts multiple spells, you’re not ok.
- You cannot program a macro to performs the same or multiple actions on more than one account at a time.
- You cannot program an “auto-clicker” macro that, for instance, opens chests while you play elsewhere.
- You may use more than one account at the same time.
- You may use more than one computer at the same time.
- You must be actively playing on each account.
- And as stated above, you may not program your keyboard to perform functions on more than one account at a time.
- For example, if you press W on your keyboard to move forward, a single character on a single account should move forward. The keystroke or mouse click should not perform functions on more than one account.