#1 Drtrider

Drtrider

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EtG]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

As it stands, I'm running full Carrion gear with P/D and D/D as a condition thief.

However, I feel as if my build is not a good as it could be due to no ascension gear that is viable for such a build. Does any one else have this issue? Or can any one suggest decent condition gear at that gear teir. I would love to look forward to spending my laurals on something, however from what I can tell all of the ascension does not fit a non-crit condition damage build.

#2 Vysander

Vysander

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[UNS]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Well, I cant remember exactly which ones, but there are condition dmg heavy ascended rings. They also came out with i believe precision/toughness/condition heavy amulet and rings on the 26th patch.

though you say non-crit, i wonder why?

if you're already running carrion gear, then a toughness/prec/condi heavy jewelry set would make great sense. There are too many extremely useful traits and sigils that proc on crit to completely disregard it.

There may not be carrion equivalent ascended gear yet. But imo and experience, having all your gear offer the same stats will never have the same benefits as running a  more balanced condition (or power/prec) focused build (diminishing returns and all that jazz).

#3 Drtrider

Drtrider

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Well, Non-Crit because I would be sacrificing quite a bit of vitality. Not to mention with full Rabid accessories and rings per-say, that's still only a 15% crit chance. Not really all that high.

#4 Vysander

Vysander

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

As i mentioned before, the crit gear is precision/toughness/condition dmg. So yes, you would lose some VIT, but you would likely have a higher effective HP if you are currently only pumping carrion gear (again, a thing called diminishing returns). A high HP pool isnt the only thing that promotes survivability.

I only mention the possibility of variety because if you feel your build is lacking something due to not having ascended, its probably lacking due to other reasons (ascended makes a small difference really).

As i said, in my experience pure carrion gear is not the ideal condition setup. Yea, it will work fine, but like you say, it will feel lacking.

Have you tried other condition builds? like one that is based on prec/toughness instead of power/vit? Or a mix of the two?

#5 Drtrider

Drtrider

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostVysander, on 01 March 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

As i mentioned before, the crit gear is precision/toughness/condition dmg. So yes, you would lose some VIT, but you would likely have a higher effective HP if you are currently only pumping carrion gear (again, a thing called diminishing returns). A high HP pool isnt the only thing that promotes survivability.

I only mention the possibility of variety because if you feel your build is lacking something due to not having ascended, its probably lacking due to other reasons (ascended makes a small difference really).

As i said, in my experience pure carrion gear is not the ideal condition setup. Yea, it will work fine, but like you say, it will feel lacking.

Have you tried other condition builds? like one that is based on prec/toughness instead of power/vit? Or a mix of the two?

I did try some playing around with it last night in sPvP. And I will admit, it was a little more tanky, balancing out the gear with some toughness. However, the 1 stack of bleed with that crit sigil only 60% of the time is hardly enough to actually try and stack precision. (This is just what I saw from last night's testing)

Right now, I run a 0/0/30/20/20 condition build. And would prefer it stays like that. However, I'm open to try something else. I'm just having a tough time really making anything else function. I already have a hard enough time going against tanky guardians ect, so I'm trying to keep my damage up.

I was considering using the runes that offer condition damage and toughness. (I forget the name, I had used then in sPvP) and they seemed rather nice. Hmm I'm not sure. Would love to interact with other P/D condition thieves and see what they run.

#6 Vysander

Vysander

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

View PostDrtrider, on 01 March 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

I did try some playing around with it last night in sPvP. And I will admit, it was a little more tanky, balancing out the gear with some toughness. However, the 1 stack of bleed with that crit sigil only 60% of the time is hardly enough to actually try and stack precision. (This is just what I saw from last night's testing)

Right now, I run a 0/0/30/20/20 condition build. And would prefer it stays like that. However, I'm open to try something else. I'm just having a tough time really making anything else function. I already have a hard enough time going against tanky guardians ect, so I'm trying to keep my damage up.

I was considering using the runes that offer condition damage and toughness. (I forget the name, I had used then in sPvP) and they seemed rather nice. Hmm I'm not sure. Would love to interact with other P/D condition thieves and see what they run.

I think you're talking about undead runes.

And when i mentioned on crit effects, i didnt mean the one that stacks bleeds :P

http://gw2buildcraft...8.k27.k57|0.0|e

Mainly look at the weapons and their sigils and the trait line. Now, im not sure what you're running and how what i did would affect it, but i think you would see more a difference with an on crit build using that kind of setup. I really like the chill on hit and the condition transfer rune, though whether you used condition transfer or boon stripping would depend on who you're fighting... and may be more situational then you are looking for, but boon stripping can be your friend against gaurdians.

though, to be fair, im not a big fan of P/D, this is just my take on an on crit condi dmg build. A little heavy on steal, but its similar to the traits you mention.

Edited by Vysander, 01 March 2013 - 09:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users