• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DurtyDan

DurtyDan

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

So I'm leveling my alt and I'm trying to do it as cheaply as possible. I find this site http://gw2crafts.net/ and I'm completely confused as to what I'm looking at. I start off with cooking since its the cheapest but I'm having trouble understanding what I need to buy. First off it says No hearts,5 Hearts, All hearts and idk what that means then it says collectibles, mixed and buy vendor. Idk if this is saying buy all the things listed or what. If someone could just break it down so a slow person like myself could understand or provide another site that would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by DurtyDan, 03 March 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#2 Uhhsam

Uhhsam

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GOO]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

The hearts stuff refers to the fact that many cooking ingredients are bought from the renown quest NPCs after completing their heart.  You would select the option that applies to you.  If you've completed all of the renown quests (hearts), then you can select the all hearts option and it will include ingredients that can only be obtained from those venders.  If you select no hearts, then it will only show items that can be purchased by someone who hasn't completed any hearts.

Buy Vendor items are things you can only get from vendors, like the renown quest NPCs or the master chef.  Collectibles are the ingredients that can be found by gathering, but if you'd rather not go gather ingredients, you can also buy them off the trading post.  Mixed are items that are only acquired by crafting, like the ball of dough.  You can also buy these off the trading post if you like.  The numbers listed by each item are how many total you will need to complete the guide.

Finally, at the bottom it will show step by step what order to craft things in to level most efficiently.  For the discovery recipes, you can click the red circle to display the items you need to combine to discover that item.  From there you just follow down the list.

Edited by Uhhsam, 03 March 2013 - 06:33 PM.

#3 DurtyDan

DurtyDan

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

View PostUhhsam, on 03 March 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

The hearts stuff refers to the fact that many cooking ingredients are bought from the renown quest NPCs after completing their heart.  You would select the option that applies to you.  If you've completed all of the renown quests (hearts), then you can select the all hearts option and it will include ingredients that can only be obtained from those venders.  If you select no hearts, then it will only show items that can be purchased by someone who hasn't completed any hearts.

Buy Vendor items are things you can only get from vendors, like the renown quest NPCs or the master chef.  Collectibles are the ingredients that can be found by gathering, but if you'd rather not go gather ingredients, you can also buy them off the trading post.  Mixed are items that are only acquired by crafting, like the ball of dough.  You can also buy these off the trading post if you like.  The numbers listed by each item are how many total you will need to complete the guide.

Finally, at the bottom it will show step by step what order to craft things in to level most efficiently.  For the discovery recipes, you can click the red circle to display the items you need to combine to discover that item.  From there you just follow down the list.

So basically If im doing no hearts then i just buy everything listed?

#4 Uhhsam

Uhhsam

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GOO]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

That is correct.  No hearts means you can buy everything from the Master Chef and the trading post.  Hearts means you'll have to travel to karma vendors around the world to buy their ingredients.  No hearts requires less work, but will cost more money since you aren't buying as many ingredients with karma.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users