Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[vM]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

Hey all,

I'm looking for the current meta PvE necro build, for dungeons/fractals etc. I'm currently running S/D and Staff, just wondering if there is a better option out there?

Thanks.

#2 umberla

umberla

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

you're welcome

#3 Skrobble

Skrobble

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Almost 300 views and no answer? Someone's gotta have something, even if its to boast about their own build?

#4 Ehragus

Ehragus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

I'm running conditionmancer atm. Donno if it's the best but i like it.
Will probably go power if Axe gets more AoE just because Axe looks better than Scepter.

#5 Chillius

Chillius

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DD]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

Running 2 builds on my necro
1) a condition build using rabid stat gear. weapons: scepter/dagger and staff
    Spamming as much bleed and other conditions and spreading them with Epidemic is awesome!
    rest of the skills I mostly use the corruption skills, sometimes in group play changing built to focus more on wells

2) a power build using mostly bezerker gear with 2 knight stat pieces. weapons: Axe/focus and dagger/warhorn
    Trying to stack as much might as possible for higher dps output.
    For utility skills and changing triats to boost them I'm still trying what works best for me and in what situation.

This is also the whole point I guess......
There is no BEST!
It all depends on what want to do, with who and where.
The best "built" is......being adaptive.
being able to adjust your skills, gear and playstyle to best suit your current objective/situation.

#6 Symbiont

Symbiont

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2710 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NULL]

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

i will help you my fellow necromancer; here is a post to my build

edit: and as the poster above me said, learn to adapt. for certain fights i use the dagger, well of darkness, plague, signet of undeath, signet of the locust and even spectral grasp.

Edited by Symbiont, 05 March 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#7 takarazuka

takarazuka

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 403 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Yeap, adaptability is the key to any playstyle.  Getting stuck in using the same utilities/weapons and never changing them really hurts.  not every situation needs the same skills as another, so remember to change things up depending on what you are doing... goes for traits as well.

Your mostly friendly neighborhood necromancer and moderator.

In-Game: Takarazuka.3025

Tahrakh - 80 Necro | Takarazuka - 80 Necro | Benesal - 80 Warrior

Have a moderation related issue or just want to chat? Send me a PM

#8 matsif

matsif

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

for regular PvE and dungeons where you have an organized team and know everyone else's build, bleed spam with epidemic I seem to see the most and personally run.

for large-scale PvE events and pug dungeon runs, running a power build is probably better because of how bleed stacks.  I'm building one of these right now for this exact purpose, because direct damage in the bleed spam build is horrible.

#9 Skrobble

Skrobble

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

For general PvE, like exploring/hearts or events Scepter/Dagger + Staff seems to work well for the most part, however during Boss fights in fractals/dungeons there doesn't seem to be much use for AoE. Is a power build with Axe/Whatever more useful in single target encounters?

#10 weez

weez

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

View PostSkrobble, on 04 March 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

Hey all,

I'm looking for the current meta PvE necro build, for dungeons/fractals etc. I'm currently running S/D and Staff, just wondering if there is a better option out there?

Thanks.

It used to be on the old GW1 guru site that you could even ask for such things, because of the existence of PvX and the incredible difficulty of knowing how you were going to USE the build.  Your goals play into builds just as much as the build's requirements and playstyle.

A good answer is to provide you what you already did not do, which is search for and read threads that try to address current meta in a group friendly way:

http://www.guildwars...omancer-builds/

There are also tons a builds posted on gw2db, so again, go forth and read.

Enjoy.

#11 Neser

Neser

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

this is my build im using for PvE and Dung, its condition build with scepter/dagger + staff for chillin and controling a crowd when its get near to you while you take whole agro with spreading that conditions on a group. I use to start with Grasping Death, Enfeebling Blood, Deathly Swarm, the 3times scepter auto attack then i activate 1,Signet of Spite  2, Blood is Power and then i spread all the conditions from one target on all with Epidemic. then i use Feast of Corruption while its dmg is builded on active conditions then again grasping death, enfeebling blood and then i switch to staff obviousli well of blood , and spam signets on floor, and this is all my rotation in dungeon, its pretty aoe dmg and one target dmg also.

http://gw2skills.net...MCiUAAUggEIQA-e

#12 Nikephoros

Nikephoros

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DnT]

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

Condition damage is so bad in fractals and dungeons that a cond build will never be "meta."  And if condition damage ever gets better, it will be engineers who take that role, not necros.  With that in mind, if Necros are viable at all it will be in a power/direct damage build.

#13 Devourerofmemes

Devourerofmemes

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

I run this Berserker Wells Build for PvE (http://intothemists....9;9;9;0k0;45-6i), you could run Dagger or Axe instead of Scepter, but I prefer the range and you still have decent condi from 30 points in curses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users