• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Isn't this an example of horrible customer relations by Anet?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mahaedros

Mahaedros

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

Martin Kerstein
Head of Global Community
Critickitten: You mention in your first paragraph that this is your opinion. I changed the thread title to reflect that (which you could have done in the first place yourself). The original thread title was sensationalist and broad to attract more views. I will change the title back to reflect that it is a personal opinion. If you change it once again, this thread will be locked and trashed.

This is from a thread over at GW2 official forums: https://forum-en.gui...w-in-my-opinion

Why is this employee of ArenaNet lecturing a paying customer in a public forum? "The original thread title was sensationalist and broad to attract more views. I will change the title back to reflect that it is a personal opinion. If you change it once again, this thread will be locked and trashed."

It goes beyond deplorable customer relations and definitely never should have been posted on an official public forum.

I don't care what the paying customer said, this Anet employee was out of line.  If you want to make a case that this message should have been given to the poster in a private PM I might entertain that discussion...  but never speak in this manner to paying customers in a public as Martin Kerstein has done in this thread.

This is basic customer relations 101.  No excuse for what he did at all.

Players are paying customers.  Companies that make games need to be respectful in their communication with their paying customers.  ArenaNet and it's disrespectful attitude towards their paying customers is typical of how gaming companies have behaved recently.

Don't put up with it- ever.  Don't settle for it- ever...especially just because you are a fan of the game.

And please don't think that I only feel this way about ArenaNet.  It's a trend that we should not have to endure.

How many copies of Guild Wars 2 have been sold, Martin Kerstein Head of Global Community, and how many of those players have quit because your company is below average in their ability to communicate with their customers in a profesional manor?

#2 kKagari

kKagari

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

Kerstain is a total jerk. This isn't the first time he's said crap like this, and he is the nazi going around adding 'in my opinion' to all the topics. Sad to say that he is a good representation of the terrible company that is arenanet

Edited by kKagari, 04 March 2013 - 05:17 AM.

#3 Mahaedros

Mahaedros

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:20 AM

View PostkKagari, on 04 March 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

Kerstain is a total jerk. This isn't the first time he's said crap like this, and he is the nazi going around adding 'in my opinion' to all the topics. Sad to say that he is a good representation of the terrible company that is arenanet

Hubris along with a healthy disdain for the people who buy their company's product.

#4 Corsair

Corsair

Is trivia

• Super Moderators
  • 5473 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

This is not the place to air grievances about ANet's moderation policies.

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum

Have a moderation related issue or just want to chat? Send me a PM.

Gipsy Danger reporting for duty!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users