• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

[Answered] Guild upgrades (e.g. Banners): how to create?

guilds banners upgrades

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Skyward

Skyward

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

I've searched for this topic in this forum and on google, but could not find what I'm looking for.

So I'm in a guild and represent them. In the Guild menu there are options to add / activate upgrades. The situation:

In Current upgrades I notice several are active:

-Karma bonus
-MF bonus
-Exp. bonus

Next to them there is a button 'activate', but its greyed out, cannot press it. Above it I reads '3x' and when moving the cursor over it 'you have activated this 3 times'.

Well, I cannot recall I activated those banners, but I did use them when someone else created them - is that what they mean here?

On the Politics tab I see the 5% Karma banner. It takes 50 points to create it, which I have, but the 'add' button is greyed out. So I cannot create one... Why not?
Same for Economy and 5% exploration banner.
Same for other upgrades: I do have the points, but the 'add buttons' are always greyed out.

I know it takes several hours to activate upgrades. What I would like to know is why I cannot use the 'activate' or 'add' button and create one when I have enough points to do so.

Thnx.

Edited by Skyward, 14 March 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#2 Astral Projections

Astral Projections

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MIND]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

Because you don't have permissions to do so? You didn't say what your rank is in your guild which makes a big difference.

#3 Skyward

Skyward

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

View PostAstral Projections, on 14 March 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

Because you don't have permissions to do so? You didn't say what your rank is in your guild which makes a big difference.
Ít's Main member. There are only 3 higher ranked players and I'm quite sure I did not see one of their names on the previously created upgrades.

#4 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5370 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

Check the Rank tab. That will tell you which group have the right to active/research upgrades and such.

#5 Astral Projections

Astral Projections

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

Yes, check your permissions. My guess is that making upgrades is restricted to the guild leader only. That's the way it is in most guilds.

#6 Skyward

Skyward

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

View PostAstral Projections, on 14 March 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

Yes, check your permissions. My guess is that making upgrades is restricted to the guild leader only. That's the way it is in most guilds.

I checked and yes, only 3 players have permission. Seems weird to me: Why deny people to do something good? I mean: it's my own points I would spend for creating a banner, it won't harm the guild...

#7 Khrushchev

Khrushchev

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[GT]

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

It's not only your points, the influence used to create the banners is gained by everyone in the guild. Maybe some guilds don't want certain members using things that take 4 gold/ a few dungeon runs worth of influence.

#8 Astral Projections

Astral Projections

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

It's restricted because not everyone is reasonable. And because the guilds pool influence for the use of everyone in the guild. For example, if there were no restrictions, a person could get mad at the guild and use up all their influence on useless stuff. Of maybe the guild is trying to build up influence for a large upgrade. How can they do that if everyone in the guild is removing influence for their own personal use?

Edited by Astral Projections, 15 March 2013 - 06:02 AM.

#9 Skyward

Skyward

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

Than its clear to me. Thanks for the info! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users