8 replies to this topic

#1 Shivala Rose

Shivala Rose

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

I'm kind in a rut here. I've been paying attention to my stacks of Bloodlust while doing dungeons, etc, and I feel like I'm not getting the most out of it.

With my FT/EG build, I'm sitting at 1,909 power. In certain dungeons/situations, I find myself getting downed a lot. Should I just ditch Bloodlust and go for a Force sigil? Keep in mind, I'm running a might stacking build. My offhand pistol is Sigil of Strength.

#2 GuanglaiKangyi

GuanglaiKangyi

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2216 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

It takes a while to get to 25 Bloodlust even if you don't down, and some dungeons (i.e. CoF1) don't even have any mobs to kill.  You're better off with just Force in most cases.

#3 Phineas Poe

Phineas Poe

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1160 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[EG]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

I would think so, but I'll admit I'm not entirely sure how Sigil of Force works.

Does it boost our Attack? Power? Does it affect Weapon Strength? Does it alter Power coefficients of our skills? Or does it just flat add 5% to our "Damage?" If it's the latter, that makes it a very complicated question to answer. Calculating damage in GW2 is done by the following:

(Weapon Damage) x (Power) x (Skill coefficient) / (Target's Armor) = Damage

Does Sigil of Force just take all of that and just add 5% to it, like how Deadly Mixture works?

Just for the sake of making this easier for myself, I'm going to use my own numbers without Strength or Juggernaut. Flame Jet is also the skill I'll use for this.

Weapon Damage (Flamethrower) = 969
Power = 1887
Skill coeffiicent (Flame Jet) = 1.5
Target's Armor = 2600 (Same value used in-game on tooltips)

Damage Values:

Without Bloodlust = 1055
With Bloodlust = 1194
With Force = 1107

I'm not entirely sure how accurate these numbers I plugged into the equation are, but the point is that Bloodlust outclasses Force at maximum potency. If doing CoF p1 run like Guanglai insinuated then Force would be a better choice. If you'd rather give up that higher threshold for more consistent DPS, I'd see nothing wrong with that either.

#4 GuanglaiKangyi

GuanglaiKangyi

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2216 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Pretty sure Force is just a flat 5% boost to your final damage number.  So if without Force you would have dealt 1000 damage, with Force it goes up to 1050.  It actually doesn't matter which stat it affects in practice since they're all multiplied together.  +5% power is equal to +5% weapon damage, etc.

#5 Dipl Ing Forest

Dipl Ing Forest

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

It's multiplication only. It doesnt matter where u add *1,05.

Edited by Dipl Ing Forest, 17 March 2013 - 05:24 PM.

#6 matsif

matsif

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

in some cases like AC if you can stay up bloodlust is better because there's lots of mobs early on (the spiders) that can get it stacked up nicely, but imo force (or night if you know the dungeon is technically nighttime, like AC) is generally better.

#7 dancingmonkey

dancingmonkey

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

2 sigils of force stack as well. What I find as a solid benefit of force, is that it doesn't need to be "charged up" so to speak.

#8 dem

dem

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

I would say go for the sigil of Battle !!! It is 3 Might for 20s every 10 sec => 6 Might => +210Power & +210 Cond. Dmg
With enougth might (or boon) duration bonus, Sigil of battle is 9 Might !

Edited by dem, 18 March 2013 - 08:27 AM.

#9 ZCKS

ZCKS

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1418 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

Generally speaking I wouldn't bother with sigil of bloodlust or corruption unless your going to be doing allot of ranged combat.

This is because it's much easier to dodge/keep from being downed via using 900+ range.

So for the flamethrower I would suggest sigil of might/sigil of fragility for main hand & force for the off hand.

For the Grenade kit I would suggest corruption for the off hand & earth for the main hand.

For the bomb kit Force/force is a good choice, but so is fire/force.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users