Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Ouch my Everything: The 80% (potential) Amplified Damage Build, with Sustain, Support, and Control!

elementalist dps sustain control lightning hammer pve dungeon

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#91 Abe Rurik

Abe Rurik

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

Hey! Nice guide, and it actually inspired me to try Elementalist after trying every other class beside it, but, I was wondering, is there a way to level this sort of elementalist? Or would it be better to follow another build to 80? I'm not sure if I missed this in the guide or not, but, I'd still like to know!

#92 AzureRogue

AzureRogue

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:39 AM

This build is fun (sometimes tough / frustrating) and really effective. I wouldn't necessary level with the exact variant here - but lightning hammer is certainly a viable leveling skill. I'd say go for it - but maybe switch a few of the water traits to more survivability while leveling solo.

#93 Khadroth

Khadroth

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Guild Tag:[vox]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

When I came back to the game I tried out this spec for a week, running dungeons, fractals, farming, and even a little wvw. My consensus was that while the aoe blind is great and the hammer hits hard, it just makes you too squishy and repetitive as you'll find yourself standing there mashing one. The only other skill you'll find yourself using is the leap. You'll also curse puggies in dungeon runs and on world bosses for picking up your extra conjure (either on purpose or accident), as your dmg is rather gimp without the conjure in your hands (which can be partially remedied by running with FGS as your elite). However you're extremely poorly equiped to deal with multiple ranged mobs, and if you're downed, have to swim/fight underwater, or use mist form you lose the conjure, forcing you into some very bad situations.

It's honestly a very fun playstyle otherwise, and it feels great to get in close and bash faces, while laying down a ton of aoe blindness and blast finishers. That said, it just can't compare to the versatility the normal weaponsets provide without the hassle of managing the conjures.

#94 Hamartia

Hamartia

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

It's comparable dps. I suppose the point is don't be different for the sake of being different, if you have three good players with geared warriors there is absolutely no reason to replace one with an ele. But if you have three good players but one of them happens to be an ele main and geared for this build it wouldn't be a problem.

Now if only there was a way for a 3/1/1 group to get a fire field without the Guardian gimping himself with Hallowed Ground or the Warriors with a Longbow...

This build could easily lose 5 points from air and grab persisting flames. Not sure if this has the opportunity to throw down a fire field at any point and stack some might/fury.

#95 Nikephoros

Nikephoros

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1156 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

This build could easily lose 5 points from air and grab persisting flames. Not sure if this has the opportunity to throw down a fire field at any point and stack some might/fury.

You quoted something from April. This new patch changes quite a bit. The Guardian won't be gimping himself anymore by taking a fire field and the ele now gets Fury when blasting into fields so it's all upside.

#96 Hamartia

Hamartia

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

You quoted something from April. This new patch changes quite a bit. The Guardian won't be gimping himself anymore by taking a fire field and the ele now gets Fury when blasting into fields so it's all upside.

Sounds like good synergy.

The groups you're running with an Ele are able to hit maintain 25 stacks of might? Seems like1 Guard, 2 war, Ele, mesmer might have some trouble hitting 25 might after warrior greatsword nerfs.

Do your guards need to use staff 4 on CD?

Edited by Hamartia, 26 June 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#97 Nikephoros

Nikephoros

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1156 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

Guardians don't even use staff period with an ele + fire field. 2x Warrior + 1ele is 24 long lasting stacks and 62 seconds of Fury at the start of the fight and with a fire field the those things don't flag.

#98 Khadroth

Khadroth

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Guild Tag:[vox]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

Correction: Anet has fixed persisting flames, it now works with other classes fire fields.

Edited by Khadroth, 25 July 2013 - 05:24 PM.

#99 Lablamb

Lablamb

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

Due to the upcoming December 10th patch and current build why not go:

http://gw2skills.net...SBlIjDGYUoDRBLA

Ember's Might - 5%
Burning Rage - 5%
Bolt to the Heart - 33% damage below 20% (~6.6%)
Stone Splinters - 10%
Piercing Shards - 20%
Vital Striking - 10%
Bountiful Power - 1% per boon (~5%)
Scholar Runes – 10%
Sigil of Force – 5%
Total - 76.6%

Or drop Bountiful Power and pick up Persisting Flames.

PS:
Bountiful Power is now only 1% instead of 2%.
Burning Rage will become 10% (up from 5%) on December 10th.
Ember's Might will increase burning duration by 25%.

Edited by Lablamb, 21 November 2013 - 10:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users