• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Sonic Periscope Audio Log - Worth collecting?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ChuyDog08

ChuyDog08

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

I have collected and turned in 10 Sonic Periscope Audio Logs. You receive 100 karma for each one.  I don't know if there is a limit on how many you can turn in, but they are a pain to collect.

Are they worth collecting?  I can think of several event areas where you can farm way more Karma in less time.   I can't even find an acheivement associated with them.

What are your thoughts?

#2 Pyrea

Pyrea

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[TAG]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

If I come across one I usually down it and collect the log (if it's in my way). If not I just avoid, can't see an achievement at the moment, but could be implemented at some point. Would be better if they were Account Bound rather than Soulbound so they can be collected and stacked in Bank rather than kept on char you are running with so at least if you need a stack of Karma for one char (say for Legendary or Armours then you can have it) perhaps more light will be shed further down the line ^_^

#3 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3259 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

After they changed Maw's spawn-timer (and made it one rare per day) they pretty much also completely removed all reason to go into Wayfarer so I only saw one or two of these. I simply destroyed them.

#4 Just Horus

Just Horus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

They aren't great karma so if you don't feel like intentionally seeking them out, don't. The karma reward they give is affected by the same karma boosts that affect liquid karma; just save them up and when you are opening up your jugs, vials, flasks, etc. also go to the Audio collectors.

#5 matsif

matsif

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'm fairly certain there are 50 of them throughout wayfarers/snowden/diessa/ashford which you can collect from once a day.

There is definitely easier and faster methods of getting 5000 karma in an hour or so of play time.  No reason to go after them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users