• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bloodreaver

Bloodreaver

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

I have all 8 professions.  After looking at the various armors (for looks) and how time-consuming it would be to get them, I have decided that for many of the professions, the exotic karma armors would be the best.  For example, Medium Karma armor with Medium Dredge Helm looks great on medium armor professions.  And Heavy Karma armor with a number of different helms looks great.  Light Karma armor not so much, but oh well.

But that raises the question, what are the best all-purpose stats for each respective profession (I should perhaps rephrase that to, what is the best all-purpose Damage stats for each profession)?

For Engineer, it definitely seems like Power, Precision, Condition Damage would be a good choice since so many different weapon types use condition damage.  But for many other professions, Berserker seems to be the safest choice, particularly for Thief.

Same question applies to weapons.  For example, on the Thief, Sword/Pistol should obviously be Berserker, but what about Pistol/Pistol?  Berserker for Unload (skill 3) or Condition Damage for the bleeds?

I will probably only get Masterwork Trinkets, so I can switch those out easily enough.

So in your opinion, what is the best all-purpose armor for each profession, disregarding weapons and trinkets, or with weapons and trinkets?

#2 Coldman

Coldman

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

I have all 8 profession as well on level 80:
Ele: Pow/Tough/Vit
Mesmer: Berserker
Warrior: Berserker
Thief: Berserker
Guardian: Knight's (Pow/tough/precision)
Necro: Berserker (Alternate: Rabid's condition build, but power is way better cause you can hit objects better like burrows)
Ranger: Berserker
Engi: Berserker (But as you said, pow/prec/condition is good too)

I have different trinkets though to make up for lack of certain defense:

Ele: Berserker trinkets
Mesmer: Berserker trinkets (I have 25 traits in Inspiration, which gives: +250 vitality)
Warrior: Berserker trinkets (I don't care much for warrior tbh)
Thief: Beryl trinkets (Gives 4k more vitality, which is very much needed cause thief's have low vitality)
Guardian: Knight's (Pow/tough/precision) Trinkets
Necro: Emerald Trinkets
Ranger: Emerald Trinkets
Engi: Emerald Trinkets

As you can see I put mainly offensive on the armor pieces, and have more defensive trinkets so I won't be too squishy. Hope it helps.

#3 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2254 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

That pretty much drives me insane.

It seems like thanks to the devolution of 'roles' everyone just needs to stack one set of stats.

It really removes a dimension of game-play.
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#4 Amplifier

Amplifier

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostMazingerZ, on 29 March 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

That pretty much drives me insane.

It seems like thanks to the devolution of 'roles' everyone just needs to stack one set of stats.

It really removes a dimension of game-play.

This might be true in PvE but try WvW or sPvP/tPvP with full berserker. Sure there are viable builds with full berserker in PvP too, but they are not used that much.

#5 Quack530

Quack530

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostBloodreaver, on 28 March 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

I have all 8 professions.  After looking at the various armors (for looks) and how time-consuming it would be to get them, I have decided that for many of the professions, the exotic karma armors would be the best.  For example, Medium Karma armor with Medium Dredge Helm looks great on medium armor professions.  And Heavy Karma armor with a number of different helms looks great.  Light Karma armor not so much, but oh well.

But that raises the question, what are the best all-purpose stats for each respective profession (I should perhaps rephrase that to, what is the best all-purpose Damage stats for each profession)?

For Engineer, it definitely seems like Power, Precision, Condition Damage would be a good choice since so many different weapon types use condition damage.  But for many other professions, Berserker seems to be the safest choice, particularly for Thief.

Same question applies to weapons.  For example, on the Thief, Sword/Pistol should obviously be Berserker, but what about Pistol/Pistol?  Berserker for Unload (skill 3) or Condition Damage for the bleeds?

I will probably only get Masterwork Trinkets, so I can switch those out easily enough.

So in your opinion, what is the best all-purpose armor for each profession, disregarding weapons and trinkets, or with weapons and trinkets?
For thief P/P you want to go berserker still, since all the damage comes from skill 2 which gives vulnerability, and skill 3 which is direct damage without conditions.

View PostBloodreaver, on 28 March 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

I don't know if anything has changed the engi gearing priority with the March 26 patch, but previously for every class except the Necro, if you wanted to be a dps build (which you should want to do), then you wanted to go full berserker's.  The only other exception is tank geared guardian.

Edited by Dawn Quickblade, 30 March 2013 - 03:34 AM.

#6 Rumstein

Rumstein

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Just putting it out there... There's no ONE way to play each class here, you can roll:
Power-focused direct damage (Hard hitting PRE crit)
Crit-focused direct (Crit often, crit hard)
Condition damage-focused Conditions
Crit-focused conditions (bleed on crit, etc)

That being said, skill removes the need for tank stats pretty much entirely, because of that, I'm glad I played an ele first to learn with the handicap of no toughness or hp, before moving to warrior.

Due to this, my classes are:
Ele - All Stats & Berserker (Lunaria etc, all armour and weapons are zerker), does me pretty well through fractals.
Thief, warrior, mesmer - Berserker
Eng - Rampager (I have 100% Crit chance, and generate 25 stacks of bleed and vulnerability like noones business)

PvP would be a very different matter, so I can't really say much about that.

Edited by Dawn Quickblade, 30 March 2013 - 03:34 AM.
Off-topic

#7 Dawn Quickblade

Dawn Quickblade

HEAVY FARTING

• Moderators
  • 609 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FART]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

Please stay on topic with the question.

Got any questions about moderation or just want to chat, send a pm my way! Don't be afraid to contact me if an issue arises.

"Art is not a democracy. People don't get to vote on how it ends."

#8 Quack530

Quack530

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostRumstein, on 29 March 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

Eng - Rampager (I have 100% Crit chance, and generate 25 stacks of bleed and vulnerability like noones business)

PvP would be a very different matter, so I can't really say much about that.
While I agree that there are many ways to play each class, I'd like to recommend against going for more than 12 stacks of any condition in you party.  After that, stack condition damage or some ther stat, because using condition duration to get more than 12 stacks is most likely going to achieve nothing with a typical party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users