• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Alt leveling (which levels for events, which for crafting)

craft lvl alt dynamic event

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Decollete

Decollete

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

Does anyone have some alt char leveling tips that might be good to apply.
1) Any recently popular areas that I can put in my go to places for dynamic events that are easily repeatable and well populated?

2) Which levels will be better off craft leveled?

I plan to craft level maybe 30 levels for character so it doesn't get too expensive.
And maybe finish some personal stories, if they're quick if I skip dialogs

Mostly what I did in the past:
1-15 in Queensdale (random events), Wayfarer (Maw and Wurms)
-> Maw doesn't repeat as often anymore

15-25 in Kessex (Centaur events from middle of map, then west of map)
25-35 in Gendarran (Vollym at arena and random events)
35-45 in Herathi (even more Centaur events)
45-55 in Bloodtide Coast (Tequatl & Poch, alpha drake, random events)
55-70 Sparkfly Fen, exploring dragon spawn and dungeon entrance areas
-> Mostly did 40-70 soloing events on my 4th alt, unlike having many many people on 1st char, some 10-15 people on 2nd

70-80 CoF 1 & 2 and Straits of Devastation to Balthazar
Straits: Sometimes nobody is around
CoF 1&2: Before Super Adventure Box, plenty of non-Zerk public games, occassionally get accepted. Don't know now with SAB

Edited by Decollete, 03 April 2013 - 07:51 AM.

#2 aIJay17

aIJay17

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

1-15: Queensdale/Story
16-25: Kessex Hills Centaurs/Story
26-35: Craft
36-50: Harathi Centaurs
51-70: Craft
71-80: Straits Lone Post (Too many vets/champs in CS now. This event runs non stop without any downtime)

So 3 crafting disciplines. I usually do Cooking/Artificing/Jewelcrafting.

I also usually do the lowbie stories since i like to see the differences for each background.

Edited by aIJay17, 03 April 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#3 pumpkin pie

pumpkin pie

Obnoxious Font Tag Abuser

• Site Contributors
  • 4911 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[AARM]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

main character : followed personal story.

on all my alts, i finally realize how to use the asura gate to complete all lvl 1-17 zones first, by the time you move out of them you'll probably be at level 60 or more (ie queensdale, wayfarer, metrica, caledon,  diessa  :D )

There are some boss events and living story is easily accessible in these low level area if I am not mistaken. With more players around, it would be easier when you need help with skill points etc.

#4 CepaCepa

CepaCepa

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

Lvl 1 - 15: Whichever starter zone you happened to be, should be done in a few hours. Then go to the next zone and pick out a few easy heart quest, STOP when you're level 15.

Lvl 15 - 25: Cooking

Lvl 25 - 35: Dynamic events in Gendarren Fields or Harathi Highlands. You basically run none stop between the Centaur events in both areas until you're at around 35.

Lvl 35 - 75: Run AC all path every day, you get tokens and before you know it you'll be 75. You can use your main for the burrows and jump on your alts for the final boss (beware of the waypoint not usable if your group mates get into combat). If you've done your ACs for today, just run around exploring maps, that by itself will be enough because you'll be out leveling that area before you can finish even half of the heart quest if you're doing AC every day.

Lvl 75 - 80: 3 AC, 2 CoF, and in the same day you'll be 80. You won't even have time to finish your personal quest.

Edited by CepaCepa, 03 April 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#5 Kymeric

Kymeric

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

My advice is to craft as early as possible.  I crafted my second toon from 6-36.  I'll probably do my next 10-40.

This is for two reasons:

1) At 40 you've got access to master traits, and can actually put together something resembling a real build.  Several of the professions feel broken to me until this point, so I want to get as many traits going as possible.

2) The big one is income.  If you craft the last 30 levels, you leveled 1 to 50 getting sub 50 drops.  Craft the first 30 levels, and you level from 40 to 80 getting high level drops, which give you much better income.

I know a lot of people hate Orr, but you can level a high level toon in low level areas just fine.  With the way they've adjusted rewards, you get plenty of experience as a level 70 something in a 50 something zone.  Which probably leads to a third reason:

3) It's faster to level as a 70 in a 50 zone than a 20 in a 20 zone.  If you're going for ease and speed to get your alt to 80, working through underleveled areas is faster and smoother.

#6 Hector

Hector

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

I just leveled a warrior and what I did was all the starter zones doing whatever DEs I came across and completing each map.

That got me to around level 35-40ish. Then I did My story quests and gendarran fields which got me to 50, then I crafted Jewelery, Chef, and artificing to 80. Took me about a week.

#7 JulianCasablancas

JulianCasablancas

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MARR]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

I crafted 4 times: cooking, jeweler, artificing and huntsman. I did them in order of costliness, with cooking being the cheapest. In between each craft I would do some personal quests until I was "caught up" to my actual level. Do yourself a favor and run to Fireheart Rise when you can. Do at least Path 1 of CoF 2x a day for 1.5 levels straight up (using your main and switching in). I did this and it took about a week. Thankfully I made back the money spent on crafting real quick because I was leveling a zerk warrior to do CoF hahah

#8 Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

I find the easiest levels to get are the early one so I usually map 2 level 1-15 areas and then ~ 3 more areas, dailies and personal stories to get me to about 50ish.  I then crafted through the next 20 levels putting me at 70.  At 70 you can hit ORR and start getting in dungeons as well, you can start earlier but I always chose to wait.  I have leveled my main and 4 alts this way and it was pretty fast and smooth.  My 5th alt is a little slower because until I hit level 50 he was kind of boring to play.  I found doing the dailies on him was the best way to get him to a decent level.

I recommend if you use crafting to skip a lot of levels then put out some silver for some green armor and weps otherwise you are going to have problems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users