Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* - - - - 1 votes

Anyone else using SAB to aid in building their Legendary?

sab legendary

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ChuyDog08

ChuyDog08

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 186 posts
  • Location:California, USA
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

I will make this quick.  You need skill points and karma for your Legendary for Obsidian shards and  Philosopher's stones (and/or Crystals).  If you are short on either you can speed run SAB with all alts and buy these items with your Bauble Bubbles.

I am taking the quick solo speed runs in SAB World 1 Zone 1 & 2 for 4 BB a character a day.  I have 8 alts.  That is 32 BB a day to spend.  I already purchased the skin I want so I am done with that.  I now buy 192 (32X6) Philosopher's stones a night.  That saves me 19 skill points a day.  After a few days I am going to start buying Obsidian shards.  Might as well take advantage of the free gifts while we can.


Hope this helps someone.

Edited by ChuyDog08, 05 April 2013 - 07:28 PM.


#2 Calypso589

Calypso589

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

I hear ya there. I'm farming zones 1 and 2 for the great sword atm since I've got like 55 obi shards sittin around so no big hurry there. Lol I'm hopin to pick up a weapon skin in the midst of it all to make some quick gold on the side. :)

#3 pumpkin pie

pumpkin pie

    Obnoxious Font Tag Abuser

  • Site Contributors
  • 4913 posts
  • Location:ArenaNet's Pantry
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[AARM]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

Thank You, I totally didn't know it is legendary related. very lucky its only the 7 of the month.

#4 Calypso589

Calypso589

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

View Postpumpkin pie, on 07 April 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

Thank You, I totally didn't know it is legendary related. very lucky its only the 7 of the month.

Yeah you'll go through those philosophers stones real quick as you make your 77 mystic clovers.

#5 pumpkin pie

pumpkin pie

    Obnoxious Font Tag Abuser

  • Site Contributors
  • 4913 posts
  • Location:ArenaNet's Pantry
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[AARM]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

what what? mystic clovers? what they for!?

#6 Calypso589

Calypso589

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

View Postpumpkin pie, on 07 April 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

what what? mystic clovers? what they for!?

Oh god.....

Look up your legendary on the official wiki and it'll show you everything you need to make it. Sit down before you do.

#7 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3266 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

When the thing started, I completely misread that amount of baubles one needs to get anything there: I didn't see that 250 baubles makes one bubble. I just thought you needed a few baubles for the rewards. (I actually also thought that the decent drop rate was a bug and I decided to abuse it until it gets patched. :D) That made me farm the shit of out them because I actually felt I was making progress.
An hour later I was informed of my mistake and the farming instantly stopped.

I haven't done anything bauble-related since that morning.

#8 Calypso589

Calypso589

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostRitualist, on 07 April 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

When the thing started, I completely misread that amount of baubles one needs to get anything there: I didn't see that 250 baubles makes one bubble. I just thought you needed a few baubles for the rewards. (I actually also thought that the decent drop rate was a bug and I decided to abuse it until it gets patched. :D) That made me farm the shit of out them because I actually felt I was making progress.
An hour later I was informed of my mistake and the farming instantly stopped.

I haven't done anything bauble-related since that morning.

You're letting the numbers intimidate you.

It is incredibly easy to farm out 5 bauble baubles a day.
Between zones 1 and 2 you can farm out the 250 baubles in under an hour for the bauble bauble you can exchange em for as well as the 4 you'll get in total for defeating either zone's end boss. First off, buy a shovel and bombs to access the secret spots in those zones that yield 10, 20 or even 40 baubles upon their discovery.
These are one-time buys that you can use throughout the rest of your time in the box (the bombs cost one bauble per use but that's whatever).

The boss chests are loot able once a day. I'm assuming this coincides with the daily reset so if you only farm zone 1 and 2 and you time it with the reset you can earn 10 bauble baubles a day. 5 days and you have your weapon skin.

If its a 24 hour wait, then make it 10 days but there's enough time left in April to farm out 2 skins.

And this is if you solo it. Imagine how much more you can earn when you go in with your friends and progress further on top of what you're already farming by yourself?

So it's definitely worth it.

You're just letting the numbers get to you. Get a hovel and bombs and look up where the secret spots are. You'll be surprised at how quickly and how easily you can get the rewards you want.

#9 Calypso589

Calypso589

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

To give you and anyone else an idea of what I'm talking about:

I started zone 1 last night with 35 baubles. Killed as many mobs as I felt like, collected as many baubles as I could, opened all the chests and blew up the entrances to all the secret areas. It took about 20 minutes tops. Going into zone 2 I now had 153 baubles.

Used a shovel in front of the waterfall in zone 2 for 40 baubles. Had 250 before I was halfway done with the zone. Skipped thru, killed the boss. 5 baublebaubles in 45 min MAYBE. Lol

See, really easy to farm.

#10 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3266 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostCalypso589, on 07 April 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

You're letting the numbers intimidate you.

Oh, I was doing open-world chests. I wouldn't dream of doing a JP. ^^

#11 brokerib

brokerib

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 88 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HOWL]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

I'm running zones 1 through 3 on each character slot, and end up with 8 baubles for each run.  Get everyone a shovel and a bauble purse and you can easily hit 500 baubles (=2 bauble bobbles) + 6 bauble bobbles for the bosses.  With practice you can get the runs down to about 15 minutes.

So with 5 character slots, I'm pulling 40 bauble bobbles in an hour and twenty or so, each day.  And it does coincide with daily reset.

I've given a conservative estimate of 20 full runs for the month, or 800 bauble bobbles.  Should give me 500 obsidian shards, 250 crystals, and the remainder for philosophers stones to transmute mats.  Hell of a step towards a legendary, and no cost in karma or skill points.  Thanks Anet!

Dulfy guide to dig spots below.

http://dulfy.net/201...ging-locations/

#12 Calypso589

Calypso589

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

View PostRitualist, on 07 April 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:



Oh, I was doing open-world chests. I wouldn't dream of doing a JP. ^^

Well the beauty of zones 1 and 2 is the huge margin for error when making your jumps (with very minor exceptions present in either). You pretty much can't die.
Not being timed on any of them helps immensely as well.

Now if you want you can go through on infantile mode where there is virtually no jumping involved and a path is cleanly laid out for you across all chasms. All the secret digging and bomb spots are still there but the catch is that the boss chest doesn't yield baublebaubles or a weapon skin.

So you're lookin at about 2 hours of farming for 2 baublebaubles on infantile mode. But even still if you split that time up over different pay sessions there's still enough time in April for at least one weapon skin.

SAB isn't really goin anywhere also. World 2 is in the works as well as additional skins. It might get taken away for a bit but it'll def be back so don't fret if you don't meet your "quota" by the end of April.


#13 Calypso589

Calypso589

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

View Postbrokerib, on 07 April 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

I'm running zones 1 through 3 on each character slot, and end up with 8 baubles for each run.  Get everyone a shovel and a bauble purse and you can easily hit 500 baubles (=2 bauble bobbles) + 6 bauble bobbles for the bosses.  With practice you can get the runs down to about 15 minutes.

So with 5 character slots, I'm pulling 40 bauble bobbles in an hour and twenty or so, each day.  And it does coincide with daily reset.

I've given a conservative estimate of 20 full runs for the month, or 800 bauble bobbles.  Should give me 500 obsidian shards, 250 crystals, and the remainder for philosophers stones to transmute mats.  Hell of a step towards a legendary, and no cost in karma or skill points.  Thanks Anet!

Dulfy guide to dig spots below.

http://dulfy.net/201...ging-locations/

I know! They've really turned over a new leaf as far as making a player feel rewarded.

I was hesitant to use alts myself. I kinda like to earn it all with my main for the sake of my own immersion but I might just utilize dummy alts tonite to grind out the great sword and use the rest of the month to build up "free" legendary mats. Lol Always that chance for a wep skin too which means easy gold on the side. Win win. Lol





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sab, legendary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users