4 replies to this topic

#1 F1strael

F1strael

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

Hi guys,

As the title says, I'm planning comming back to GW2 after a 6 month lay off. The game started to bore me. I had full exotic, some nice cash, and didn't want to grind months to get a legendary weapon. Lately i've been pretty bored and I'm thinking about comming back again.

My question is: Are there any things I need to know before comming back? I left right at the point that the new 'Ascended' items were implemented to the game, so I don't really have knowledge of that either. Is the game still active? The players still active? etc.

Thanks,
Nick

#2 ScorpioSpork

ScorpioSpork

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FoW]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:52 AM

It's still active. A lot of people spend their time running dungeons/Fractals, doing boss events, and fighting in WvW.

They added new Ascended items that you can buy with account bound Laurels, which you get by completing dailies. But you don't need Ascended items outside of level 10+ Fractals. They're still an upgrade over exotics, but not a necessary one.

They added some character-specific progression to WvW, but you're better off looking up specifics on that.

There's new "Flame and Frost" story stuff. Dulfy.net has all the information you could want about it.

The Super Adventure Box in Rata Sum is a ton of fun, and you should definitely check it out. You can solo it easily at any level, even though it recommends 5 players. There are some neat, glowing blue skins available there.

They added a new sPvP map and custom arenas, but I'm not up-to-date on sPvP stuff.

They added Guild Missions. Again, you'll probably want to ask your guild or look up the specifics on this stuff.

If you're wanting to avoid boredom, definitely join a guild and play with friends. All that GW2 has to offer is better when you're running with others, even if it's just one other person.

#3 Arewn

Arewn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

Pretty much as ScorpioSpork said. +holiday events, but those are done and gone now.... (super adventure box is only till the end of april)
I'd stress finding a good guild to join though. People seem to forget that MMOs are community games, and that they are behind single player games in most other aspects. So I'd suggest playing with friends or joining a guild, the community/social aspects are what you're playing an MMO for after all, and they generally function as a good motivator.

Oh, and they added leaderboards if that's your kind of thing.

#4 F1strael

F1strael

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

Thanks guys, this helped ;)!

#5 Bonana

Bonana

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Legendaries have finally appeared in TP now. nd precursors are way more expensive than 6 months ago :/.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users