• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Drwaddy

Drwaddy

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

Ok, so I started playing this game when it came out last year, wasn't really sold on it, decided to put it away for a while... Well, now I'm back.

I'm also full time employed and I don't have 80 hours a week to grind anymore, so I invested and basically bought level 80 through crafting and got myself a full suit of gear.

Here is what I am currently using: http://gw2buildcraft...1|w.z.11.j.1k|e

I have everything except for the back slot and the Monk runes, as I'm running ascalonia for them atm.

I enjoyed Wow raiding and I loved daoc pvp, so in theory this game should be heaven to me right?

So, I'm asking basically for advice on what I should be doing to get myself involved in those things.

#2 RAGE

RAGE

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MM]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

Honestly I'd say just start doing the things you enjoy. I've been playing since beta - some weeks for up to 3 hours a day and some with none depending on the time I have. I find that playing in the moment has provided the best experience, whether it was WvW, PvE boss fights or just roaming around doing nothing much productive at the time.

From your post it seems like you'd enjoy dungeon runs and WvW so get a group together (either by joining a guild or http://www.gw2lfg.com/) and jump into some dungeons. You'll find a lot of people are willing to help a new guy out and will be patient if they ask for help. For WvW I'd say just jump straight in - familiarise yourself with the battlegrounds and run with a commander for a bit to learn the ropes. Don't get hung up too much on gear and stats if possible - it will come with time. Learning your profession will be of a lot more use.

#3 Drwaddy

Drwaddy

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

Awesome thanx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users