6 replies to this topic

#1 wtfus

wtfus

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hey guys,

So recently i see almost all warriors run greatswords and axe/mace...and never see any using shield and such. So i decided to go full knight(?) or full soldier(?) or a mix of both. But probably full knight to get that little bid of damage output. For weapon choice ill be using an 1-hander and a shield as primary weapon set.

What is a good 1hander that works great with synergy. Im thinking of swords since they look really badass with a shield. Also whats a good build and a good secondary weapon set?

Thanks for your time guys.

#2 LoopySnoopy

LoopySnoopy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[WILD]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

This is what I use on Fractals and dungeon runs and most PVE http://gw2buildcraft...|5y.69.61.0.0|e it's a fun build to use there's room to tweak it depending on your preference last utility slot is open this can be on my mark, shake it off or fear me etc. This is interchangeable on the area or what's needed the most.

(Note I have not listed the fractal trinkets as you didn't mention fractal running)

Edited by LoopySnoopy, 19 April 2013 - 08:11 AM.

#3 DarkHorseKnight

DarkHorseKnight

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

If you must be tanky, the best warrior build for it is Precision/Toughness/Condition Damage. You can be very tanky, have decent support and still do solid bleed damage. However the bleed cap is gonna be a problem in dungeons.

#4 Squishy FTW

Squishy FTW

Asuran Acolyte

• Moderators
  • 132 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BONE]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

It's hard to look past axe as the 1-hand weapon for me: attack speed, high (auto-attack) damage, vulnerability + cripple and a high damage burst. I guess if you want to be as tanky as possible you're best off with mace as you'll gain interrupts and another block.

#5 Dempsey911

Dempsey911

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:14 AM

Well running full knights and a shield personally I would go with, http://gw2buildcraft...0.0|0.0.0.0.0|e
I took shield traits just in case that's what you where going for, also the 25 point minor trait in defense will give more effective power than either an extra 5 in strength or discipline so that's why I took that.

If you don't need shield mastery then your damage can really take a jump back up by doing 20/25/10/0/15, taking reflect would make the most out of the shield if it's what you're going to run all the time. and if you don't want fast hands another 5 in str arms or def would be ok.
Even though you want to run knights min/maxing with ruby orbs in the armor and exquisite in the trinkets would be most beneficial. If you feel that you arn't as tanky as you want to be then beryl orbs/exquisite instead would work at the loss of only 8 crit chance. but only gaining 1740 hp.
Running emerald orbs/exquisite wouldn't do much in helping your survivability since your main gear stats are toughness and toughness gets less effective the more you have.

#6 Mootillay

Mootillay

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

I actually don't see all that many warriors sporting axe/mace.. mainly axe/shield.  Either way, axe is a terrific dps weapon but requires players to pretty much devote their gear and traits to making it worth while.  That said, you can certainly obtain "tanky" status with axe/shield because of the shield trait and the inherent 61 armor on shields .. and still deal excellent damage.  Careful though, this setup can make you an aggro magnet.  You can spec a bit tanky wth greatsword as well but I would suggest running banner and/or shout support to make up for the diminished damage(forceful greatsword trait and moderately high crit a must, btw).

As for straight up tanking.. got to go with mace/shield.  You get improved self defense with weakness spam(be sure to trait sundering mace for weakness on crit), rupts and blocks.  I had to stack my toughness incredibly high(~2300) to surpass some of the guardians I was rolling with, but eventually stuff did just lock on to me.

Edited by Mootillay, 16 May 2013 - 10:08 PM.

#7 Zerikin Loukbel

Zerikin Loukbel

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

Many warrior builds are best done with knights armor. If you want to go tanky I'd say 10/0/30/30/0 is probably what you want. Take healing shouts, get some soldiers runes and then go for DPS trinkets. Axe/shield and bow probably the best weapons for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users