Photo
- - - - -

Resource: Dungeon and Fractal PvE Meta Builds

warrior guardian mesmer thief elementalist necromancer engineer dps dungeon fractal

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Elrathan

Elrathan

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

Stuff one shots you regardless. Either you know what to dodge, have party reflects, know when to use your shadow refuge... or you don't.

I don't quite agree with this. Infiltrators strike is superior to dodge in many situations since it's instantaneous and has a longer range. Plus it operates independently of endurance so it can be thought of as a 'free' dodge as well. If you know how to use IS you will last longer with a sword then with D/D. Of course, if you never die anyway then any survivability gap is meaningless.

Also, sword (according to my tests at least) will out DPS daggers on more then one target due to the cleave.

Honestly, this topic makes me kind of sad. Many of them are very dull and are only marginally more effective then some more fun 'second class' builds (the ele LH is a good example). Also, many of them (ele LH again) have very little room for error, so I feel that new players who decide to use your 'meta' builds may have great trouble with them. May I suggest saying that they are for experienced players or something in the OP?

Edited by Elrathan, 04 July 2013 - 10:10 AM.

#62 Nikephoros

Nikephoros

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1156 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:47 AM

I wouldn't use just D/D in a thief build. I always bring S/* on swap. D/D is great for bosses, but S/* is good for trash. The saving grace is that you don't have to retrait to switch between sword and dagger thief.

#63 Elrathan

Elrathan

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

Personally I prefer to take a shortbow on swap. You usually know if a sword or dagger would be better before each pull so they can be switched around fairly easily but having a ranged weapon on swap is great if things go sour.

Also, you may want consider trickery based steal builds. They provide slightly less personal DPS then a full min/max builds such as yours but they provide roughly a 50% and 80% uptime on fury and vigour respectively which should make up for it if the party isn't fury capped.

#64 EJo

EJo

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

Any chance this list may be updated in the near future?

#65 thewindwaker

thewindwaker

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

it most certainly will be once the attempt to 'fix' the berserker-meta goes live :P

Edited by thewindwaker, 13 January 2014 - 07:16 PM.

#66 GuanglaiKangyi

GuanglaiKangyi

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2246 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

I hope Anet buffs condition damage output and removes the stack limit so the zerk meta becomes the rabid engie meta. Just cause it'd be hilarious.

#67 Nikephoros

Nikephoros

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1156 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:34 AM

http://www.reddit.co...uilds_28102013/

I've been maintaining this guide on the reddit.

#68 Pregnantman

Pregnantman

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[LAD]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

I hope Anet buffs condition damage output and removes the stack limit so the zerk meta becomes the rabid engie meta. Just cause it'd be hilarious.

Seems like you are not looking through necro pages. If conditions were made uncapped, Necros would skyrocket but apparently removing the caps would be too expensive for Anet to handle. I sht you not, their excuse for not fixing the cap issue isthat unlimited stacks applied would eat too much bandwidth. Though recently devs (Isaiah as I recall) mentioned that there will be an introduction of certain fights/enemies susceptible to conditions, so atleast we can hope.

#69 GuanglaiKangyi

GuanglaiKangyi

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2246 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:30 AM

Nothing beats an engie in raw condition stacking. Although necro might do okay as well.

#70 Pregnantman

Pregnantman

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[LAD]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:11 AM

Necro may be behind bleed stacking than engineers, but possibly better at maintaining what is applied.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warrior, guardian, mesmer, thief, elementalist, necromancer, engineer, dps, dungeon, fractal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users