1) Month 1: Discontinue MF item creation:
"Rogue Second in Command after Shatterer has started consuming certain kind magic, he is rebelling and on his way to become Elder Dragon! We must stop him or else we will have Metal-themed elder dragon! We have put moratorium on production of items that feed him and Trahearne is investigating it." (Prelude style content in Brisband Wildlands)
- Remove MF items from loot tables
- Remove them from vendors and replace them with other stats in vendors where they are necessary (i.e. Runes of Noble).
- Create replacement stat combination (I would love Power/Healing Power/Toughness myself) for item crafting, put this in place of MF stuff to loot tables and to vendors
2) Month 2: Offer Refund
"We are collecting items to destroy and prevent from reaching him. In meanwhile, he has started spawning metallic minions which hunt for his food" (Metallic minions will have bonus damage against players based on MF they have and spawn randomly throughout world, but mostly in Brisband and surrounding areas)
- Offer to buy any MF stuff for variable amount of tokens based on how difficult is was to be get, for Tokens, offer:
- MF Cooking Consumables
- MF boost cash shop items.
- MF infusions - Also with expensive offensive/Defensive versions which have MF + 4 point of some other stat.
- Ascended stuff with Utility slot that takes MF infusions. (Also available for laurels/guild tokens/fractal tokens)
- Refund for original tokens or currency where possible
- Make MF items give better stuff when throw to Mystic Forge. "Precursor Rush"
- Special "Deprecated Items" salvage kit will be introduced offering 100% chance of keeping upgrades from deprecated items and maximum salvage yield from them (Equivalent of BLT salvage kit), available for a little bit of karma and copper.
"Pact forges are enforcing ban on magic feeding dragon and are confiscating items that can feed him. They tracked him down and are ready to attack him. Now." (Ascending Dragon meta event culminating with fighting Champion Metallic Minion is added, prelude style stuff mostly removed and would-be new elder dragon goes to sleep, weakened and starving, to be awakened when something else needs to be eradicated from loot tables or when new dungeon is deemed necessary or when we need dangerous ally)
- Deprecate existing MF stuff - It should no longer be equipable and upgrades applicable. If player has them equipped, they will be removed when he logs in and mailed to him while being replaced with Masterwork PVT items of same skin.
- Item upgraded with mf item will automatically get upgrade replaced with random upgrade of same rarity,
- Marketplace should stop accepting Mf item listings.
- Remaining stuff at Marketplace will be unlisted and returned to players.
- Game is now MF equipment free, it only exists as temporary boosts or in upgrade slots that do not compete with combat stats.
- Players had enough time to make transition peacefully, and have likely made some neat profit from this situation. Possibly more profit than by using MF gear themselves.
- There is new bonus-chest event and new type of "Metallic minions" enemies. (Basically, reskinned branded to be golden/silver/platinum/etc..., introduced "branded" Asura)
1) Stop adding new mf stuff to game
2) Give people option of converting existing stuff to something else.
3) Make people stop using existing stuff.
Edited by Neo Nugget, 10 May 2013 - 06:23 AM.
Changed tiny font to something more readable.