#1 kinya

kinya

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

Do you think gw2 will have its own 'gwamm' like in gw1? I really like the idea of gwamm, it is a long term achievement/title that will take months or even years for some.

I am looking forward to such a title!

#2 NuijaMas

NuijaMas

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Title
Some of those, Ultimate Dominator for example(250k kills in WvW), seem like pretty long term goals imo!

#3 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3268 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

View PostNuijaMas, on 13 May 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Title
Some of those, Ultimate Dominator for example(250k kills in WvW), seem like pretty long term goals imo!

Aye, WvW seems to be PvE-endgame.

#4 lmaonade

lmaonade

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

the hard titles are for sPvP and WvW, none for PvE

#5 Dasryn

Dasryn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1570 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[Myth]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

i would argue that the "Dungeon Master" title is a rather difficult one.  not because i have it, but because some of the dungeons are indeed rather challenging.  it takes coordination at the very least which is challenging.

it also takes knowledge of boss fight mechanics and a lot of time.  you must essentially complete 33 dungeons and some are longer than others.

a lot longer.

some may argue that Arah P4 is cake after the nerf. . . . it still takes around 2 1/2 hours to complete and if you dont know boss mechanics it will break your group.

Lupi is still challenging - believe me, downing him in 46 seconds is NOT normal and nor should you expectthat when fighting Lupi.

PVP titles i dont think are hard at all, its just time.  i can run in there with Dagger Storm and tag 20 enemies and get credit.

#6 lmaonade

lmaonade

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1122 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

View PostDasryn, on 13 May 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

i would argue that the "Dungeon Master" title is a rather difficult one.  not because i have it, but because some of the dungeons are indeed rather challenging.  it takes coordination at the very least which is challenging.

it also takes knowledge of boss fight mechanics and a lot of time.  you must essentially complete 33 dungeons and some are longer than others.

a lot longer.

some may argue that Arah P4 is cake after the nerf. . . . it still takes around 2 1/2 hours to complete and if you dont know boss mechanics it will break your group.

Lupi is still challenging - believe me, downing him in 46 seconds is NOT normal and nor should you expectthat when fighting Lupi.

PVP titles i dont think are hard at all, its just time.  i can run in there with Dagger Storm and tag 20 enemies and get credit.

well, by hard I meant hard-to-obtain like the OP wanted, since I think we can all agree that GWAMM wasn't extremely difficult to get per se but just took a lot of time because some of the title tracks were ridiculously long.

Dungeon Master may be a challenge for some yes, but it's not particularly hard to obtain because there aren't too many dungeons, I finished most of it in the first few weeks of release (bar some of the harder dungeons like CoE and Arah), and now I'm pretty much done besides some of the story ones, and I wouldn't consider myself an avid dungeon runner.

The titles that are hard to obtain are the ones that just take a ton of time to obtain, even if you are proficient at whatever the title entails, all the WvW titles have some ridiculous numbers on them. And sPvP has some too, 15 million points for Ascendant? 10000 tournament matches won for Champion Brawler? Those are way harder to obtain than the PvE ones imo

#7 Dasryn

Dasryn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1570 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[Myth]

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:58 AM

View Postlmaonade, on 15 May 2013 - 02:32 AM, said:

well, by hard I meant hard-to-obtain like the OP wanted, since I think we can all agree that GWAMM wasn't extremely difficult to get per se but just took a lot of time because some of the title tracks were ridiculously long.

Dungeon Master may be a challenge for some yes, but it's not particularly hard to obtain because there aren't too many dungeons, I finished most of it in the first few weeks of release (bar some of the harder dungeons like CoE and Arah), and now I'm pretty much done besides some of the story ones, and I wouldn't consider myself an avid dungeon runner.

The titles that are hard to obtain are the ones that just take a ton of time to obtain, even if you are proficient at whatever the title entails, all the WvW titles have some ridiculous numbers on them. And sPvP has some too, 15 million points for Ascendant? 10000 tournament matches won for Champion Brawler? Those are way harder to obtain than the PvE ones imo

you and i have a different sense of the word 'hard'.  the examples that you provided seem more time spent oriented than actually difficulty.  i already mentioned how i can equip dagger storm and tag a bunch of opponents and call it a day after a long time spent.

my example was that you actually had to apply yourself to dungeon running in order to obtain.  sure, like anything, if you set aside the time and dedicate yourself to completing the task, then yeah you could get DM in a fairly reasonable amount of time.  but does that make it less challenging?

i mean, you still have to brave the dungeon.  i know it may seem trivial TODAY with all the speed run vids going around but you guys are under this misconception that speed runs on the caliber of what you see in Guru are the norm.

well its not the norm.  COF P1 is indeed on farm, but the rest of the stuff you see on guru is not.  i can go into the math on how Guru's entire registered member pop accounts for less than 3% of the GW2 playerbase but i wont.

#8 Bloggi

Bloggi

Savant

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[CRAP]

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:01 AM

View Postkinya, on 13 May 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Do you think gw2 will have its own 'gwamm' like in gw1?

There probably will be such a title in due time. It'd be implemented to keep players busy, particularly those who are hungry also for some sort of vertical progression.

#9 lmaonade

lmaonade

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1122 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:18 AM

View PostDasryn, on 15 May 2013 - 03:58 AM, said:

you and i have a different sense of the word 'hard'.  the examples that you provided seem more time spent oriented than actually difficulty.  i already mentioned how i can equip dagger storm and tag a bunch of opponents and call it a day after a long time spent.

my example was that you actually had to apply yourself to dungeon running in order to obtain.  sure, like anything, if you set aside the time and dedicate yourself to completing the task, then yeah you could get DM in a fairly reasonable amount of time.  but does that make it less challenging?

i mean, you still have to brave the dungeon.  i know it may seem trivial TODAY with all the speed run vids going around but you guys are under this misconception that speed runs on the caliber of what you see in Guru are the norm.

well its not the norm.  COF P1 is indeed on farm, but the rest of the stuff you see on guru is not.  i can go into the math on how Guru's entire registered member pop accounts for less than 3% of the GW2 playerbase but i wont.

but the point i was making is that OP was specifically asking for titles that he can devote

View Postkinya, on 13 May 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

months or even years

to, dungeon master is not that thing, sure dungeon master may take months because he has to learn all the mechanics and complete them all, but it is no where near as time consuming as the WvW or sPvP ones, again, I stress the "to obtain" in "hard-to-obtain"

And no I have no misconceptions, it's widely known that only a small subset of players can actually accomplish the feats that some fellow gurus have succeeded at. My guild tried to melee Lupi several times and ended up in several wipes, I understand that they do things that regular players cannot at the moment. But I am not talking about hard as in difficulty, I am talking about hard-to-obtain in the same sense as certain title tracks in GW1 were hard-to-obtain, I cannot emphasize this enough.

Edited by lmaonade, 15 May 2013 - 05:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users