Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

It's an hour long, but apparently worth the review.  Made it to the top of the GW2 subreddit, but apparently is getting trolled for knocking the game in YT comments.  Haven't finished it yet.

Reactions:

http://www.reddit.co...9_months_later/

Top Reddit Comment said:

I'm not entirely happy with the direction ANet is taking GW2. They are focusing on weak aspects of the game, and they should focus on their strengths imo. Eg Living storyline. Sadly ANet isn;t very good at story telling and yet they keep pushing it. I would prefer them to focus on expanding class diversity (more skills), more jumping puzzles, guild missions, fractals, exploration etc. They also keep pushing esports and I don't believe they will ever become an esport. They should stop forcing this 3 cap maps on everyone and make new game modes, add faaaar more stuff to WvW etc. So I applaud them for all those updates but I wish they would change direction slightly.

Apparently very valid criticisms, enough to stir up the fanboi fervor.

Edited by MazingerZ, 20 May 2013 - 06:40 PM.

It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#2 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5370 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

That comment is quite funny.
Isn't it way more logical to focus on the weak aspect of a game rather than those aspects that are already good?

#3 Fernling306

Fernling306

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1471 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostLordkrall, on 20 May 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Isn't it way more logical to focus on the weak aspect of a game rather than those aspects that are already good?
I don't think so. They are focusing on things like cosmetics for cash shop, mini games and living story, which in my mind are weak aspects that should not have time wasted on them. I would rather see them put the time into SPvP, working on a real WvW meta and maybe some real strategic PvE content.

#4 Feathermoore

Feathermoore

Underdog

• Super Moderators
  • 3824 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AWWW]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostLordkrall, on 20 May 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

The comment is referring to Anet focusing on content that they are bad at, or they haven't really been able to do instead on making more content in the realms of what they do well. While it is generally good to improve on areas that you are weak in, adding features that are weak instead of improving the weak things you already have is just silly.

Little Mabel won't be able to be here it's our worst fear. She's busy working on her garden that she's growing up in space.

Why hello there forumite. Would you like me to review some moderation you did not agree with? Never fear! PM is here! Want to be a better poster? Check on this link! And this one!

#5 Daesu

Daesu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1344 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NPO]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostFernling306, on 20 May 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

I don't think so. They are focusing on things like cosmetics for cash shop, mini games and living story, which in my mind are weak aspects that should not have time wasted on them.

If you are talking about their cash shop, I believe their management holds that as high priority because that is where they get much of their income and yes, I notice their big emphasis on their cash shop too on each update.

Edited by Daesu, 20 May 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#6 borovnica

borovnica

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1236 posts
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

I rather enjoy concept of living world, and Secret of Southsun Cove is actaully good and I can see big improvement over Flame&Frost. So I'm happy with that. We would all like to have more skills, traits, weapons but I think they are holding it for an expansion.
It was obviuos that cash shop was going to be their big source of income, either that or monthly fee, and honestly cash shop is pretty fair, expect for that nasty random shit they put in. Everything else is quite fair in there.

Edited by borovnica, 20 May 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#7 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

View Postborovnica, on 20 May 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

I rather enjoy concept of living world, and Secret of Southsun Cove is actaully good and I can see big improvement over Flame&Frost. So I'm happy with that. We would all like to have more skills, traits, weapons but I think they are holding it for an expansion.

I'm not going to give a company any money for content I expected to get between the time I purchased the first game and the release of the expansion, because after I give them money for the expansion, my post-expansion experience will be just as bad as my post-release experience.  There will be people who pay for that, because it's desperately, fan-atically what they want, completely forgetting how much it sucked between the core game and the expansion being released.

That's like getting slapped in the face and saying, "Thank you, sir.  May I pay you for another?"  Unless, you know, that's what you're into.

Edited by MazingerZ, 20 May 2013 - 06:58 PM.

Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#8 Daesu

Daesu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1344 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

View Postborovnica, on 20 May 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

and honestly cash shop is pretty fair, expect for that nasty random shit they put in.

And I agree that is part of the bigger problematic trend that I see in GW2. They are stingy with their rewards.  

You only get good rewards, once in a blue moon, during really special events.  In usual cases, you can kill a veteran and get junk crap or nothing at all.  I suspect that trend may be because they want more people to buy gems and convert them to gold and to buy gems with real money as the gem price goes up.

The reward-motivation factor is just not there for most content.

Edited by Daesu, 20 May 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#9 Fernling306

Fernling306

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1471 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

View PostDaesu, on 20 May 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

If you are talking about their cash shop, I believe their management holds that as high priority because that is where they get much of their income and yes, I notice their big emphasis on their cash shop too on each update.

My problem with their cash shop is that they seem to build a little bit of content(living story mostly) just for a reason to update the cash shop more. I always laugh when reading patch notes that aren't worthy of 20 mins of entertainment, that include a big update to the cash shop spiel. It really feels like they are trying to milk their customers a bit too early. How about they just amaze us with good updates and actually earn our money. Wouldn't be a bad idea to remove the rng too,  this is the western world you are selling your product to.

#10 Daesu

Daesu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1344 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostFernling306, on 20 May 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

My problem with their cash shop is that they seem to build a little bit of content(living story mostly) just for a reason to update the cash shop more. I always laugh when reading patch notes that aren't worthy of 20 mins of entertainment, that include a big update to the cash shop spiel. It really feels like they are trying to milk their customers a bit too early. How about they just amaze us with good updates and actually earn our money. Wouldn't be a bad idea to remove the rng too,  this is the western world you are selling your product to.

I noticed that too but on the other hand, I can understand their predicament from their last earnings report.

I don't like that they are stingy with their rewards, their rampant use of rng is just a symptom of them being stingy to us, even though it may make sense from a cash shop point of view.  It brings down the game experience though.

Edited by Daesu, 20 May 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#11 Damarus

Damarus

Asuran Acolyte

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

Really like the video and the overview.  Could reason to Mr. Potatoes all day for some reason...

Really happen with the updates thus far.  That said, I would be a lie to say that there are things I am not annoyed at (both changes they have or have not made), but just about every other forum post is some complaint in some form or another... I think this is a good time to just look at the really incredible stuff they have added to a fun game.

#12 borovnica

borovnica

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1236 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

MaginerZ, your post sounded like it was written in rage, I may be mistaken since this is internet after all. If you are angry I would really suggested to leave game if you don't find it fun, after all we play game to relax and have fun. No need to play game if it irks you :D .  And honestly I didn't understand your post good so I wont commment on it :)

#13 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

View Postborovnica, on 20 May 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

MaginerZ, your post sounded like it was written in rage, I may be mistaken since this is internet after all. If you are angry I would really suggested to leave game if you don't find it fun, after all we play game to relax and have fun. No need to play game if it irks you :D .  And honestly I didn't understand your post good so I wont commment on it :)

I don't play the game, but I have a vested interest in its level of success, since it will dictate the direction of AAA MMO development and their business models for years to come.  I am not angry, I am passionate.  There are very few things that outright anger me.  Largely its people who are incapable of providing a good argument to something they support, but feel the need to open their mouth anyway, if only to engage in dismissive attacks because they're precious purchase is under assault (/runonsentencemuch?)

My point is, I expected to see what you described as "holding for an expansion" to be added to the game before an expansion is released.  If I have to pay them additional money for this content, at the time they release an expansion, I refuse to do so, because I expect to be entertained and I haven't been entertained since I hit 80 in this game.  There were plenty of other games that held my interest way past the point of hitting the level cap, and indeed, between expansion packs.

Edited by MazingerZ, 20 May 2013 - 07:35 PM.

#14 borovnica

borovnica

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1236 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

But GW1 operated in that way. Expansion pack brought new zones, skills, weapon and weapon skins, armors, etc... I expected them to do that with GW2, and they are doing it.
I understand that some peope just don't like the game, I myself hate MMO genre, but some unknown reason I love GW2 and loved GW1 :D but you must confess that amount of content you get for 50$ is pretty dood deal. Also only thing I bought from the cash shop were skins and character slots, I'm not going anywhere near RNG stuff, and if other people didn't buy them, then they would stop making them since they are not being sold :D

#15 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

View Postborovnica, on 20 May 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

But GW1 operated in that way. Expansion pack brought new zones, skills, weapon and weapon skins, armors, etc... I expected them to do that with GW2, and they are doing it.
I understand that some peope just don't like the game, I myself hate MMO genre, but some unknown reason I love GW2 and loved GW1 :D but you must confess that amount of content you get for 50$ is pretty dood deal. Also only thing I bought from the cash shop were skins and character slots, I'm not going anywhere near RNG stuff, and if other people didn't buy them, then they would stop making them since they are not being sold :D

How they sold the game to me before they launched it:

Colin Johansen said:

Gw2 will feature consistent free content updates and in-game events going forward. Our goal is to make it so you get more from Gw2 for free than you get from a game you pay a subscription for.

It's not a matter of the "good deal" I get.  It's a matter of what was promised and what wasn't delivered.  You stack up the first eight months of WoW or even the first eight months of Mists of Pandaria, you get substantively more development effort in the game than compared to GW2.

Stop defending them.  It is a silly thing to do so.

#16 borovnica

borovnica

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1236 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Well in their defence they did and are adding new content each month, except january and february. You even provided video where WP is saying what things they added. And you compare them to Blizzard who is making more than 100 mllion $ per month(minimum). Of course they will have more content, And I played vanila wow, and if you think that vanila wow had more content than GW2, then I'll stop discussing with you since that isn't the case.

Edited by borovnica, 20 May 2013 - 08:12 PM.

#17 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

View Postborovnica, on 20 May 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

Well in their defence they did and are adding new content each month, except january and february. You even provided video where WP is saying what things they added. And you compare them to Blizzard who is making more than 100 mllion $ per month(minimum). Of course they will have more content, And I played vanila wow, and if you think that vanila wow had more content than GW2, then I'll stop discussing with you since that isn't the case.

Now you're misrepresenting me.  GW2 has released less content than vanilla WoW did in its first 8 months of updates.  I didn't say Vanilla had more features and content overall.

Of course, vanilla had less content than GW2.  But I'm not going to give Tesla Motors (founded in 2003) extra credit for having more features, better gas mileage and higher safety rating for it's first car than Ford's Model A (Ford's first car).  That is not how iterative software development works.

No, simple fact is that WoW had far more development work put out in its first 8 months follow release than Guild Wars 2 has, and even its Mists of Pandaria Expansion has had more development effort put into it post-release.

View Postborovnica, on 20 May 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

Well in their defence they did and are adding new content each month, except january and february.

And that's the point.  Their game director touted what they planned on doing and ultimately didn't deliver.  Why do you defend that?  Are you endorsing falling short of promises?  If I promised you a cheeseburger and you paid me, and I ended up giving you half a one, would you come back and buy another?  Would you be satisfied with what I gave you?

Edited by MazingerZ, 20 May 2013 - 08:25 PM.

#18 El Duderino

El Duderino

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2246 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[DuDE]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

Personally, they could have all the content in the world and it wouldn't make up for a broken combat system, broken loot system, broken PvP system, boring WvW system, etc.

The content, as far as things to do, is fine, IMO. The problems are the mechanics. Hell, just fixing the loot system would be enough to make the content we have SO MUCH BETTER. But, instead we got guaranteed world boss gold drops. That is perhaps the single most pathetic and lazy fix I have ever seen. And, it is a prime example of the kind of fixes we keep getting. Lazy, boring and uninspired.

The whole loot system needs to scale with skill and difficulty. This is just basic logic. Zerging world bosses hardly qualifies.

sPvP and dungeons are pretty much broken because combat doesn't scale well to 5 man groups. It is much better as a solo experience. But, then we have the problem that the game prohibits solo play at high levels.

WvW is fun for the first 50-100 hours, then you realize it is the same Zerg doing the same thing all the time. There is no reward for playing well, for defending, for scouting, for small group raiding. Hell, we don't even know how the point system works yet. Some variety is what WvW needs, instead we get level progression. Again, uninspired, lazy and boring.

The contnet isn't the problem, which is why an expansion isn't the answer. More content isn't going to solve the core issues.

#19 Lycrus

Lycrus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostMazingerZ, on 20 May 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

How they sold the game to me before they launched it:

It's not a matter of the "good deal" I get.  It's a matter of what was promised and what wasn't delivered.  You stack up the first eight months of WoW or even the first eight months of Mists of Pandaria, you get substantively more development effort in the game than compared to GW2.

Stop defending them.  It is a silly thing to do so.

Like...what? Gw2 has delivered WAY more content during these first months than the game you mentioned. and thats actually true...

the content updates there were..rare...really really rare...

I may agree they do more balancing or whatever since they got more people. But in no way they deliver more content than gw2. thats just plain not true

#20 borovnica

borovnica

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1236 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

MazingerZ you forgot to tell you had to pay 8*15$  for that content. One big and major difference, and I don't remember WoW updates that good honestly, they were really rare, and most of them were grind for another tier of gear, but Anet gave all this update for free, while Blizz charged you 15$ per month for that. IMHO you just gave them 120$ for content, and that wasn't worth it at all. Not at all/

#21 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

View Postborovnica, on 20 May 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

MazingerZ you forgot to tell you had to pay 8*15$  for that content. One big and major difference, and I don't remember WoW updates that good honestly, they were really rare, and most of them were grind for another tier of gear, but Anet gave all this update for free, while Blizz charged you 15$ per month for that. IMHO you just gave them 120$ for content, and that wasn't worth it at all. Not at all/

I don't think you even read the links I included.  I'm not talking about the game as it ages, I'm talking about the first eight months.

And now you're forgetting what Colin said.

He posited that GW2 could deliver equal, if not more content than a subscription MMO, so the concept of paying in your defense is irrelevant.

But thanks for playing Guild Wars 2: Chronicles of the White Knights.

View PostLycrus, on 20 May 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

Like...what? Gw2 has delivered WAY more content during these first months than the game you mentioned. and thats actually true...

the content updates there were..rare...really really rare...

I may agree they do more balancing or whatever since they got more people. But in no way they deliver more content than gw2. thats just plain not true

In preceding posts, I've already linked into above, I've outlined WoW's post-release achievements in its first 8 months regarding both vanilla and MoP.  You are free to take those achievements and compare them side by side to what's been added to GW2 since it released.  Actual additional features, please.  Bug fixes and balancing doesn't count.

Edited by MazingerZ, 20 May 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#22 Lycrus

Lycrus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

View PostMazingerZ, on 20 May 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

I don't think you even read the links I included.  I'm not talking about the game as it ages, I'm talking about the first eight months.

And now you're forgetting what Colin said.

He posited that GW2 could deliver equal, if not more content than a subscription MMO, so the concept of paying in your defense is irrelevant.

But thanks for playing Guild Wars 2: Chronicles of the White Knights.

In preceding posts, I've already linked into above, I've outlined WoW's post-release achievements in its first 8 months regarding both vanilla and MoP.  You are free to take those achievements and compare them side by side to what's been added to GW2 since it released.  Actual additional features, please.  Bug fixes and balancing doesn't count.

Shadow of the Mad King - Holiday Event

The Lost Shores - No world development whatsoever, left us with an empty map of mobs that drop Apothecary crafting materials.  The only lasting effect was Fractals, which was implemented as an attempt to hold onto the PvE base that was abandoning it once exotics were obtained and people wouldn't farm like asian gold farmers for the Legendaries.

Wintersday - Holiday Event

Flame and Frost, the whole ugly deal... Guild Missions, SAB (no longer available, replaced with MF) and Molten Facility.

FYI, WoW managed to develop its holiday content alongside its other content at the time.

Eight months after WoW launched:
  • Mauradon a month after WoW launched.
  • Dire Maul five months after WoW launched.
  • PvP Honor System
  • Battlegrounds
  • Elemental Invasions
  • Blackwing Layer
  • Meeting Stones (even by this point, WoW realized it needed some form of LFG component)
During this, you got the Christmas content, Darkmoon Faire, Children's Week.

ATLEAST compare it properly O.o you are just pointing out the names of the stuff that got added, nor quality or quantity. childrens week for example..is like 5% of the holiday event. I dont wanna argue that there are maybe more things that got added into WoW, but the quantity of the things alone cant keep up with what gw2 is providing. Everyone can compare it on their own right know, i dont wanna go through the list, but for everyone point i got a counter point with actual more content from gw2's side.

So as i said, dont let gw2 look shitty and WoW good. darmnoon fair was a sheer joke. 5min overwalk and rest was plain grind. childrens week? same stuff. the honor system was so utterly flawed at start..., battlegrounds, fine, but these are "only" maps, too, with no real..additions..
maraudon was a longass instance with simply lots of mobs...meeting stones is a rather small edition and the rest i could agree...if it wouldnt lack quality compared to the gw2 stuff...

that being said, gw2 is still in a worse state than WoW, but it certainly has a better content start by any means

#23 Xunlai Agent

Xunlai Agent

Sylvari Specialist

• Banned
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

Just FYI World of Warcraft launched on November 23, 2004, which is over 8 years ago. You are using this game as a comparison to Guild Wars 2?! A game that launched in 2012 which should not have to be mentioned in the same sentence as WoW unless you are pointing out that they happen to both be MMOs. Yes, ANet should be doing a better job than Blizzard 8 years ago...

Lessons should have been learned.

#24 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostLycrus, on 20 May 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

ATLEAST compare it properly O.o you are just pointing out the names of the stuff that got added, nor quality or quantity. childrens week for example..is like 5% of the holiday event. I dont wanna argue that there are maybe more things that got added into WoW, but the quantity of the things alone cant keep up with what gw2 is providing. Everyone can compare it on their own right know, i dont wanna go through the list, but for everyone point i got a counter point with actual more content from gw2's side.

So as i said, dont let gw2 look shitty and WoW good. darmnoon fair was a sheer joke. 5min overwalk and rest was plain grind. childrens week? same stuff. the honor system was so utterly flawed at start..., battlegrounds, fine, but these are "only" maps, too, with no real..additions..
maraudon was a longass instance with simply lots of mobs...meeting stones is a rather small edition and the rest i could agree...if it wouldnt lack quality compared to the gw2 stuff...

that being said, gw2 is still in a worse state than WoW, but it certainly has a better content start by any means

What I really enjoyed was blowing completely past the actual achievements and going 'But the holiday stuff for WoW was smaller than GW2's holiday stuff!'  And become dismissive.

...And where is GW2's holiday stuff?  Oh, that's right, it's not in the game at the moment.  Lost Shores?  Devoured and turned into the current Southsun stuff.  Flame and Frost?  Oh, resolved and removed.  Story content, yes, QoL improvements, no.

You're comparing quality to quantity.  And ignoring a decade gap to boot in the iteration and growth of the MMO genre.

Meeting Stones were WoW's first attempt (I never did EQ or DAOC) at matching people to dungeons.  What methods have GW2 given us to find groups for their dungeons?

The Honor System was WoW's first attempt at adding rewards to PvP, not to mention no such thing as instanced PvP in any of its competitors.

Alterac Valley, in its original inception, was a highly convoluted thing to play and the fights would go on for hours due to that.  The simple fact that NPCs had the ability to turn a game completely on its head made it far deeper than WvWvW.

Oh and good job ignoring Blackwing Lair (which also included total revamps to the Warrior and Warlock talent systems).

Yes, some things were hit and miss.  But it's about the level of effort being put forth, not the end result.  Everything done, while ultimately not ideal, were high levels of effort and that showed in spite of falling short of their goals.  Nothing WoW tried in that time was wasted effort, because no one else was doing it better at the time.  What Guild Wars 2 is doing is actually highly comparable to what's being pushed by MoP, in terms of content development and effort.

Edited by MazingerZ, 20 May 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#25 KrakenAZ

KrakenAZ

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

If the game disappoints so terribly, find another that scratches your itch.  At this point you're just flapping your jaws (or fingers as it were) just to hear your own voice and get patted on the back by other people that supposedly hate the game too (yet continue to devote time to posting on forums dedicated to it).

#26 Lycrus

Lycrus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

View PostMazingerZ, on 20 May 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

What I really enjoyed was blowing completely past the actual achievements and going 'But the holiday stuff for WoW was smaller than GW2's holiday stuff!'  And become dismissive.

...And where is GW2's holiday stuff?  Oh, that's right, it's not in the game at the moment.  Lost Shores?  Devoured and turned into the current Southsun stuff.  Flame and Frost?  Oh, resolved and removed.  Story content, yes, QoL improvements, no.

You're comparing quality to quantity.  And ignoring a decade gap to boot in the iteration and growth of the MMO genre.

Meeting Stones were WoW's first attempt (I never did EQ or DAOC) at matching people to dungeons.  What methods have GW2 given us to find groups for their dungeons?

The Honor System was WoW's first attempt at adding rewards to PvP, not to mention no such thing as instanced PvP in any of its competitors.

Alterac Valley, in its original inception, was a highly convoluted thing to play and the fights would go on for hours due to that.  The simple fact that NPCs had the ability to turn a game completely on its head made it far deeper than WvWvW.

Oh and good job ignoring Blackwing Lair (which also included total revamps to the Warrior and Warlock talent systems).

Yes, some things were hit and miss.  But it's about the level of effort being put forth, not the end result.  Everything done, while ultimately not ideal, were high levels of effort and that showed in spite of falling short of their goals.  Nothing WoW tried in that time was wasted effort, because no one else was doing it better at the time.  What Guild Wars 2 is doing is actually highly comparable to what's being pushed by MoP, in terms of content development and effort.

As i said, i didnt went through the whole list and my points still stand. Some of your points are simply not true and/or you value them not in the right place.

In the end it comes down to personal preference so..whatever<,<

#27 Xunlai Agent

Xunlai Agent

Sylvari Specialist

• Banned
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

People need to check out Path of Exile to see how a gem shop can be done right and then they should realise that ANet should be outplaying Blizzard from 8 YEARS ago on every level. They observed the mistakes and successes that occurred with World of Warcraft (it is public knowledge) and thus should have learned Blizzard's lessons. Notes should have been taken and people need to accept that.

#28 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostLycrus, on 20 May 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

As i said, i didnt went through the whole list and my points still stand. Some of your points are simply not true and/or you value them not in the right place.

So you didn't refute each of my points, and in some cases just outright ignored them, but profess to have a superior argument?  Is that what I'm reading?

Edited by MazingerZ, 20 May 2013 - 09:57 PM.

#29 El Duderino

El Duderino

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2246 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[DuDE]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostKrakenAZ, on 20 May 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

If the game disappoints so terribly, find another that scratches your itch.  At this point you're just flapping your jaws (or fingers as it were) just to hear your own voice and get patted on the back by other people that supposedly hate the game too (yet continue to devote time to posting on forums dedicated to it).

That's the funny thing, I could give a shit about every other ctappy game out there. In fact, I've never been so negative in a forum ever. The problem is that I really cared about this game. I waited for it. I was never more excited for a game ever. And it was about the biggest colossal failure ever.  The worst problem is there is no other game that makes up for it to divert my attention. Show me a game that matches GW1 except made for 2013 and Ill gladly go away...

There isn't one. The closest thing we have is GW2. As such, I will, as a consumer, continue to point out it's problems as I see fit. It is my right to do so. If you don't like it find a forum that scratches your itch?

Edited by Feathermoore, 21 May 2013 - 02:44 AM.
you double posted

#30 Kattar

Kattar

Your Shoulder to Cry On

• Administrators
  • 2199 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostEl Duderino, on 20 May 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

There isn't one. The closest thing we have is GW2. As such, I will, as a consumer, continue to point out it's problems as I see fit. It is my right to do so. If you don't like it find a forum that scratches your itch?
If you continue to crap on every topic, you'll be the one needing to find another forum. At a certain point you're (not just you, but everyone with the same attitude) just beating a dead horse. And it needs to stop.

No one on this site has more invested in GW2 than the staff here does. You certainly don't see us posting in such a manner.

If you can't find anything else to say other than all the things you hate about GW2, you really do need to find something better to do with your time.

You are fooling yourself, user. Nothing here is what it seems. ANet is not the plucky hero, Guru is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena.

Questions about moderation? For the love of Balthazar ask them here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users