Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Bunker/Heal Necromancer Build VERY EFFECTIVE (REVISED, ITS BACK)

necromancer pvp wvw bunker build gw2 tpvp spvp necro tournament

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jelz

jelz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[LotD]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

Zojoel's Bunker/Heal Necromancer Build

BEFORE JUNE 25TH

PVE HEALING STILL VIABLE BUILD

*I Asked a moderator to delete my other thread because I realized I had found a better build without using pets, and I didn't want to confuse people, this one is amazing. Read on.

To get the most out of this build read everything!

The Build: http://gw2skills.net...KjYShsCNAZBy2AA

I have found that this build is also a viable build for PvE, you can tank better than most classes with it.

******For WvW you should make tweaks to increase your mobility, i.e give yourself swiftness.********

FAQ

So this build is actually going to beat most classes that rely on boons (ele, guardian, etc)guaranteed if you use it correctly. I've only had trouble with **MESMERS and **RANGERS who know what they're doing, and other than that, theives, warriors, guardians, engineers, and especially elementalist have been no trouble to me whatsoever.

This build focuses around slowing your enemy down by maximizing Chill and constantly having them frozen. This slows down skill recharge rate and their movement speed. I know most people will comment saying: why didn't you get the trait that freezes foes whenever they are blinded so you can pick up the well that blinds and an offhand dagger? Well what I have devised is better because I don't have to sacrifice regen and boonstrip from the focus, and I don't have to sacrifice one of my wells.

How This Build Works

Once again this build focuses on keeping your enemy chilled so their movement speed and skill recharge rate is decreased.

All you really need to know: you should use Well Of Power to get rid of conditions and turn them into boons. When you have a nice stack of bleeds, burning, poison, immobilize, stuff like that, you should use Putrid Mark on your staff to send the conditions back. Switch your weapon whenever you have the chance to keep the pressure on because of the hydromancy sigil. Always use your chilling skills as you have a lot of them (even in your death shroud). Your dagger auto attack and your staff will replenish life force for your death shroud. Using Well Of Suffering with Well Of Corruption and using the dagger immobilize with the auto attack or Life Siphon will deal great damage. If you are looking to heal back up, which you should always be trying to do, use Well Of Blood and stay in the radius using Life Siphon from your dagger as well as having some regen on from your focus or staff. Also use the charge from your flesh golem when you feel you need it, or as it's about to die. If you have any suggestions please comment, and I play on a mac so if there is a program I can use to record gameplay with a Mac, please suggest it so I can post a video. Message me in game as I play quite often and I will help you with this build if need be.

TIPS

*This build works amazingly with PvE Dungeons and activities alike (Play PvE the same way you would play PvP in terms of healing and such)

*If using this build for PvE, Superior Sigil of Chilling only gives 10% chill duration, I think it is a bug because Major Sigil of Chilling gives 20% chill duration (THIS IS FIXED NOW)

*If Well of Blood gives you a 6k heal, and it pulses for 600, thats another 6k heal if you stay in the radius for the duration of the skill, and combine it with life siphon and regen and hopefully you will be back to full hp! This is better than feasting on your conditions!! (for this build at least)

*It is completely personal preference to take off the focus and put a dagger in the offhand for the condition removal/transfer

*I use Vampiric Master because the heal is based off of how much damage your pet does, the flesh golem does the most damage compared to the rest of your pets. If you use the Charge from the flesh golem into a group of adds you can gain a possible 5k heal, or if your opponent is next to a wall and your flesh golem runs in that direction. The charge is also great for breaking the gate in Legacy of The Foefire to get to the lord.

*If CC classes become an issue, you can try switching out Well of Suffering for spectral walk/armour, or Plague signet (condition removal). These are all stun breakers. It all depends on if you want to sacrifice that well and lose vulnerability, damage, and a protection boon.

Edited by jelz, 26 June 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#2 Ara

Ara

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

I played 4-5 hot join then 6 tourneys with your build, and it was amazing.

I was very skeptical about DPS when I saw Cleric's amulet and just 20 points in Spite, but so far I was able to kill other bunkers, and even take down 2 opponents in a 1v4 hot join. Chill proved to be a stronger-than-expected ally, even against classes that cleanse often.

To be able to run in the middle of a big fight and survive, I feel like a god now :D. Im also very happy to be able to do so with the exact same weapons that I love and use in less durable power builds.

Thanks for all that. :D

The bad side now:

I can still get CC'ed to death quickly, but that's mostly due to the necromancer's poor access to stun breakers and stability... We can't even trigger the pet's charge while being "pinball'ed"... That's also what prevents us from being efficient point holders. A KB or 2, a fear, and voila: contested point. ;_;

Edited by Ara, 31 May 2013 - 04:24 PM.

#3 jelz

jelz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

I played 4-5 hot join then 6 tourneys with your build, and it was amazing.

I was very skeptical about DPS when I saw Cleric's amulet and just 20 points in Spite, but so far I was able to kill other bunkers, and even take down 2 opponents in a 1v4 hot join. Chill proved to be a stronger-than-expected ally, even against classes that cleanse often.

To be able to run in the middle of a big fight and survive, I feel like a god now :D. Im also very happy to be able to do so with the exact same weapons that I love and use in less durable power builds.

Thanks for all that. :D

The bad side now:

I can still get CC'ed to death quickly, but that's mostly due to the necromancer's poor access to stun breakers and stability... We can't even trigger the pet's charge while being "pinball'ed"... That's also what prevents us from being efficient point holders. A KB or 2, a fear, and voila: contested point. ;_;

Yeah this build is basically a counter to all bunker builds such as the guardian or elementalist, and any class that has to get up in your face. When you're fighting a condition necro though, or something similar, you need to be on your feet.

And yes stun breaking and stuff like that is a pain, you just need to be able to tweak the build or go into death shroud as often as you can to tank the damage. Maybe switch out the Well of Suffering for Plague Signet (which gives you another condition removal and also breaks stun) or spectral armour/walk, other than that, there isn't much you can do. If you decide to pick up Plague Signet, it has a 60 second cool down, so maybe you can try and switch out Spiteful Spirit (gives you retaliation when you enter death shroud), and get Signet Mastery to give your signet a 48 second cooldown, let me know how it goes, I'll be trying it out too.

Glad to hear you liked the build, if you hold a point in a tournament with an elementalist, another necro with this build, a guardian, or basically any class that has good survivability, especially a mesmer, you two are basically unstoppable and your other 3 team members can cap the other point.

Edited by jelz, 31 May 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#4 cruzydub

cruzydub

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Kodash

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

Although this build doesnt rely on chill its way more effective in my opinion. you can tank much better and with plagueform you can hold a point against multiple oponents way longer
http://gw2skills.net...uRdj7GzNybs3MbA

#5 Brayzz

Brayzz

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

How is the Charge from the flesh golem healing 5k? I don't think it heals so much.

#6 jelz

jelz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

How is the Charge from the flesh golem healing 5k? I don't think it heals so much.

If you charge into a group of enemies, or even just a couple by a wall, your golem will be stopped by the wall and constantly hit the enemy and this is where the heals come from. Usually happens in dungeons.

Although this build doesnt rely on chill its way more effective in my opinion. you can tank much better and with plagueform you can hold a point against multiple oponents way longer
http://gw2skills.net...uRdj7GzNybs3MbA

Plague form is only going to help you if you pop it right away, because it doubles your hp. If you're down to 5k hp its going to put you at 10k. If you have a flesh golem out you get a blowout, cripple, extra dmg output, and it heals more when it attacks rather than using a well. The cd isn't too bad either.

#7 cruzydub

cruzydub

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Kodash

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

Yeah exactly pop it right away or right after your well of power is placed. you are almost undieable for 20 secs and still have your wells rdy so what a pointholder has to do is done ;) only prob is the lack of access to stability. you can easily be knocked of a spot and that sucks. I feel bomberman-engis or Guards are still the better pointholders. But as a tank suppoortive role that necro spec is really viable. your m8s dont get much dmg for 20 secs in a zerg, no condis and much boons, as on the opposite the enemy is getting no hits due to blinds, no boons and much condis due to your wells so this build shines in group fights very much. you dont need extra dmg so from golem or well of suffering. you are a nice support for your team who can stand at least 20 - 30 secs against multiple oponents until help is coming.

#8 jelz

jelz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

Yeah exactly pop it right away or right after your well of power is placed. you are almost undieable for 20 secs and still have your wells rdy so what a pointholder has to do is done ;) only prob is the lack of access to stability. you can easily be knocked of a spot and that sucks. I feel bomberman-engis or Guards are still the better pointholders. But as a tank suppoortive role that necro spec is really viable. your m8s dont get much dmg for 20 secs in a zerg, no condis and much boons, as on the opposite the enemy is getting no hits due to blinds, no boons and much condis due to your wells so this build shines in group fights very much. you dont need extra dmg so from golem or well of suffering. you are a nice support for your team who can stand at least 20 - 30 secs against multiple oponents until help is coming.

I think something is wrong with the well healing, the only well that heals me, and it's not even for every pulse, is the Well of Blood, on top of the pulsing it usually gives. The build I made is intended for tournament pvp and hot join, I said make tweaks to make it viable for World Versus World.

#9 maideth

maideth

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

thank you for posting your build,it works like a charm!

#10 Ara

Ara

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

I tried some variations like: removing 10 points from blood (pet siphoning) to put in curses for the AoE weakness on Death Shroud, and trade Flesh Golem for Plague Form, but it wasn't as effective for me.

I also tried cruzydub's build, but I felt squishier. Must be the reduced ability to administrate chill pills to opponents. :P

The buggy Focus 4 skill is upsetting me so I will probably go dual dagger for the AoE weakness (apparently this condition will get buffed soon so I really want a piece of it :P) and see how it works.

#11 messiah_vengeance

messiah_vengeance

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

i use similar build for wvw 30,0,20,20,0 with pvt armor and cleric jewels and weapons with group fights

still find it hard to fight dd ele as they tend to run away when i lower their hp to 50% and re engage after healing

i couldnt 1v2 like the condimancer can as i got cc a lot and couldnt make much pressure on both

still nice build and setup which pay itself with group fight

here is short tutorial similar to your build (love the chill runes)- as i still testing it hope to put few more video actions

Edited by messiah_vengeance, 11 June 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#12 Valius

Valius

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SWRM]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

This build is awesome! I can beat 90% of rangers. I can beat 10% of mesmers. I can't beat a mesmer to save my life with this build if it's 1 on 1. Any tips?

#13 Little Mihaela

Little Mihaela

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

Is this build still viable in PVP after the patch yesterday?

#14 frugster

frugster

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

Hello, thank you for the awesome guide. I just got back into guild wars. I played for a month after release. Me and my friends (warrior and a ranger) are starting up and i made a necro. I tried out condition in pvp for a day or so and i liked it, but your build sounds like alot of fun and just my playstyle. I want to do PvE as well as WvW with this build probably about 60/40 could you tell me how i should level up the Traits to be effective? Is this build good for duoing and partying with 3 to PvE?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: necromancer, pvp, wvw, bunker, build, gw2, tpvp, spvp, necro, tournament

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users