• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DerKomp

DerKomp

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

Here is a link to the build with all the details on gear and everything that I chose:

http://gw2buildcraft...n.26.1t.1z.28|e

I'm trying to balance the gear for good melee survivability and crit based damage. Read through the traits, and you will see how much straight damage % stacking you can do. While holding the hammer, you just need to stay in water attunement for the 20% damage to vulnerable foes which you get on crits from the air traits. The cleansing flame utility can be switched for lightning flash, or run speed signet, or something fun like another weapon summon or glyph of storms to use while still in water for that awesome ice storm we all love.

The normal weapons don't matter much, and I would have liked staff, but dual wielding adds a sigil, and I use 2 crit based sigils for the effect like healthsteal and extra damage. You could switch the air sigil I use for a sigil of strength, or fire, or even purity if u have a fight that needs it. I normally do double dagger, but I used a scepter for a bit of escape range, a second good heal when I drop the hammer, and because I made this build so I could play with new weapon abilities.

The gear is flexible if you want more damage or survivability. With my set, I get plenty of both. As for traits, please post anything that you would consider doing differently for a conjure or hammer/fgs build.

Edit: The hammer adds a buff with a good chunk of precision and crit% damage that is not shown in the builder.

Edited by DerKomp, 07 June 2013 - 01:42 PM.

#2 Nikephoros

Nikephoros

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1112 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

25 in Fire is unnessary, as is anything in Earth.  20/25/0/25/0 is the best for dps.  This is assuming you're talking dungeons or fractals and not open world.

#3 GuanglaiKangyi

GuanglaiKangyi

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2218 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostNikephoros, on 07 June 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

25 in Fire is unnessary, as is anything in Earth.  20/25/0/25/0 is the best for dps.  This is assuming you're talking dungeons or fractals and not open world.

25 in Fire gives you Burning Rage, while 10 in Earth gives Salt Stone.  Both are an extra 5% extra damage.  If you want to maximize damage you are probably best off going 25/10/10/25/0 to grab as many +% traits as possible.  The two cumulative +5% damage traits on top of the extra 50 power is going to be worth more than the extra 150 precision and 15% crit damage.

#4 DerKomp

DerKomp

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostGuanglaiKangyi, on 07 June 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

25 in Fire gives you Burning Rage, while 10 in Earth gives Salt Stone.  Both are an extra 5% extra damage.  If you want to maximize damage you are probably best off going 25/10/10/25/0 to grab as many +% traits as possible.  The two cumulative +5% damage traits on top of the extra 50 power is going to be worth more than the extra 150 precision and 15% crit damage.

Glad you saw what I was doing with the 25 fire and 10 earth. The 25 air is the best way to keep vulnerability up. 60% chance on crit (as opposed to 30% sigil) and the proc lasts like 8 or 9 seconds. It gives permanent access to the 20% dmg water trait. As for water 25, I don't actually give myself any boons with this build. If I ran a dungeon with a guardian or something though, then I think it would be best. My build was made in the case of a boon-stingy group or solo play. Thank you both for feedback, and please counter back if you can project what water 25 will do in solo or 5 man, or if you know another way to have perma vulnerability

Edited by DerKomp, 08 June 2013 - 07:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users