• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 maximilian

maximilian

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

So a few days ago, when I wasn't a member of this forum yet. I received my first precursor, not by putting hundreds of rares and exotics into the Mystic Forge, no, I received my precursor Dusk, by farming hundreds of mobs while wearing my magic find gear. I wasn't exactly going for farming an exotic or making gold by selling my rares which I would farm. I guess I was just Lucky.

While completing the Citadel of Flame pre-event I was the only one killing the mobs out there, I saw hundreds of mobs lying on the ground, waiting for me to pick up the loot. When spamming 'f' with auto-loot activated I saw on the right side of my screen 'Dusk' and I was like wow, omg, wow. I was wearing my magic find gear + the omnomberry bar buff which made my total magic find 108%. I was very Lucky that day.

My only advise for people who wants to get a precursor: don't gamble by putting al your gold into the Mystic Forge, get magic find gear and farm at Orr, Southsun, or on other places with lvl 60-80 monsters.This way, you won't lose gold and in my opinion you will have a bigger chance to get a precursor or another rare or exotic!

Just wanna let you know, if you've got any questions, whisper me: Sr Maximilian

#2 UNTYPABLExNAME

UNTYPABLExNAME

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

You got lucky brah, high five.  Just wondering what if you got the Venom precursor instead, would you be here telling people not go to the Mystic Forge?

#3 Mordakai

Mordakai

Mordakai7

• Community Contributors
  • 8032 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

General consensus is the mystic forge sucks.

Better off salvaging rare 80s for ectos, and buying precursor off TP, is what I have heard.

OR, just wait for scavenger.  Prices will drop after precursor scavenger hunt update (no release date yet, of course).

#4 Feathermoore

Feathermoore

Underdog

• Super Moderators
  • 3736 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AWWW]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

Nothing to see here.

*Hiccup!* "My gnaester will never be the same." ~ Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephriedosd'enagouni

Why hello there forumite. Would you like me to review some moderation you did not agree with? Never fear! PM is here! Want to be a better poster? Check on this link! And this one!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: precursor, magic find, luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users