• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 maximilian

maximilian

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

So a few days ago, when I wasn't a member of this forum yet. I received my first precursor, not by putting hundreds of rares and exotics into the Mystic Forge, no, I received my precursor Dusk, by farming hundreds of mobs while wearing my magic find gear. I wasn't exactly going for farming an exotic or making gold by selling my rares which I would farm. I guess I was just Lucky.

While completing the Citadel of Flame pre-event I was the only one killing the mobs out there, I saw hundreds of mobs lying on the ground, waiting for me to pick up the loot. When spamming 'f' with auto-loot activated I saw on the right side of my screen 'Dusk' and I was like wow, omg, wow. I was wearing my magic find gear + the omnomberry bar buff which made my total magic find 108%. I was very Lucky that day.

My only advise for people who wants to get a precursor: don't gamble by putting al your gold into the Mystic Forge, get magic find gear and farm at Orr, Southsun, or on other places with lvl 60-80 monsters.This way, you won't lose gold and in my opinion you will have a bigger chance to get a precursor or another rare or exotic!

Just wanna let you know, if you've got any questions, whisper me: Sr Maximilian

#2 UNTYPABLExNAME

UNTYPABLExNAME

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

You got lucky brah, high five.  Just wondering what if you got the Venom precursor instead, would you be here telling people not go to the Mystic Forge?

#3 Mordakai

Mordakai

Mordakai7

• Community Contributors
  • 8115 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

General consensus is the mystic forge sucks.

Better off salvaging rare 80s for ectos, and buying precursor off TP, is what I have heard.

OR, just wait for scavenger.  Prices will drop after precursor scavenger hunt update (no release date yet, of course).

#4 Feathermoore

Feathermoore

Underdog

• Super Moderators
  • 3836 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AWWW]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

Nothing to see here.

Little Mabel won't be able to be here it's our worst fear. She's busy working on her garden that she's growing up in space.

Why hello there forumite. Would you like me to review some moderation you did not agree with? Never fear! PM is here! Want to be a better poster? Check on this link! And this one!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: precursor, magic find, luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users