Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[VIN]
  • Server:Vabbi

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

going full retard on the tank gear

I might even do this sometime when I have "too much money". Sounds way too fun. I want to see how little the Orrian mobs would hit me. Thanks for your input! I'll be messing around with you and @lmaonade's recommendations.

As for equipment in these more damage-oriented builds, I'm guessing as close to full zerk as I can with some Knight's tossed in for extra survivability?

Edited by OhFrustration, 04 September 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#92 epifanie_norocel

epifanie_norocel

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

Since in your max dps variant you have 25/25/0/20/0 wouldn't it make more sense to swap between gs and hammer? With symbol damage and duration buffed hammer gets higher auto than any other weapon.

#93 nightmare100

nightmare100

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

Ive read both your and brazils guide and was wondering which one has more dps GS or sword/focus and which build is better for dungeons and pve stuff.

Thanks

#94 Exo Dyo

Exo Dyo

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[DV]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

Ive read both your and brazils guide and was wondering which one has more dps GS or sword/focus and which build is better for dungeons and pve stuff.

Thanks

I think Brazil's build is the best one to use for DPS. Actually, pretty sure it is. I use mostly something what looks like these builds though, since I like swinging around with my Greatsword more then with S/F. But that could be personal, and not the same for you.

#95 GuanglaiKangyi

GuanglaiKangyi

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2246 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

Thanks

Brazil's is more balanced and if I recall correctly he focuses more on having consecrations and other support buffs. This is better for raw minmax DPS but you won't support quite as well.

#96 Arindend

Arindend

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

Haven't seen anyone comment on this for a while, so I was wondeirng if your build (10/30/0/20/10) is still the most up to date version? Thanks!

#97 guanlongwucaii

guanlongwucaii

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[LOO]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

for greatsword DPS 20/25/0/0/25 is probably better. The most popular general SF/GS builds around now generally trait more heavily into Virtues for the added condi cleanse from Absolute Resolution and the powerful damage% modifier from Power of the Virtuous.

I'm pretty sure that you can find the guide on this forum, but as a summary - core of build is 10/25/0/0/10 which hits the best damage% modifiers and MoC. From there you can allocate the last 35 points according to preference - 5/10 Honour, 25 Virtues and 30 Radiance are all pretty popular choices. Note that 30 Radiance isn't that great if you have a Spotter Ranger/are not spending all your time in Sword.

#98 Arindend

Arindend

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

for greatsword DPS 20/25/0/0/25 is probably better. The most popular general SF/GS builds around now generally trait more heavily into Virtues for the added condi cleanse from Absolute Resolution and the powerful damage% modifier from Power of the Virtuous.

I'm pretty sure that you can find the guide on this forum, but as a summary - core of build is 10/25/0/0/10 which hits the best damage% modifiers and MoC. From there you can allocate the last 35 points according to preference - 5/10 Honour, 25 Virtues and 30 Radiance are all pretty popular choices. Note that 30 Radiance isn't that great if you have a Spotter Ranger/are not spending all your time in Sword.

Thanks for the info! Can't seem to find a guide anywhere...will keep looking! :)

#99 guanlongwucaii

guanlongwucaii

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[LOO]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:52 AM

Maybe he hasn't posted it here, but this is obal's comprehensive guide to DPS guardians that are viable in dungeons

https://forum-en.gui...Guide-for-PVE-1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users