• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Xykris

Xykris

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:47 AM

Hi :) I've never done WvW before but I'm interested in doing so. However I am not sure if I should play a guardian or Warrior. My play style is usually a heavy hitter that can take hits and heal himself if needed. I can't play ranged very well and I like running into battle and taking out as much opponents as I can.

to give you a better Idea of my playstyle I have used a skill calculator to make the builds I would most likely run (I understand these are probably not WvW viable)

Warrior:

http://gw2skills.net...9SEVbvF0M5K1A-e

Guardian:

http://gw2skills.net...9SEVbvF0M5K1A-e

givin this info and the look at the builds what would you say would be the best class for me to run as?

#2 Spirion

Spirion

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

I'd say which ever one you can do more damage with/play better with. You'll need some mobility too, since it's WvW. I would go with the warrior if I were you.

Edited by Spirion, 22 June 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#3 ZCKS

ZCKS

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1429 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

I'd say which ever one you can do more damage with/play better with. You'll need some mobility too, since it's WvW. I would go with the warrior if I were you.

This ^ really.

I've tried both & by far my warrior is much much more fun in WvW because of its ranged damage potential, CC & mobility.

So much of WvW depends on mobility & keep seige, until the guardian gets major upgrades to its range damage & speed of projectiles its likely to stay that way.

#4 chuckles79

chuckles79

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1685 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FANG]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

See what your guild needs if they do WvW as well. Organized groups can use guardians well, but coordinated warriors can be beastly when working together.

#5 lmaonade

lmaonade

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

Guardians can have a more support-y playstyle than a Warrior can, so I'd say that Guardian is more versatile. On the other hand, imo Warriors have more options in mass CC, and are better in skirmishing, I ran around with 3 other warriors from my guild just killing things and had a blast, if I wanted to run with the zerg, however, I'd take my Guardian (since I play a boonway virtues support, so I can provide tons of party utility)

#6 Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

Gaurdian should run 0/0/30/30/10 AH using staff and either GS or hammer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guardian, warrior, builds, dps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users