• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Raiding and Housing Coming to GW2? (Interview Translated from French)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:42 PM

I am posting this here because the source article has been removed (the Internet never forgets though), so it's more Rumor Mill than news, I suppose.

Source: http://gw2.game-guid...mike-zadorojny/

Translation source: http://www.mmo-champ...g-coming-to-GW2

Translation said:

I discussed with Mike Zadorojny, ArenaNet Lead Content Designer for Guild Wars 2 this morning by phone. It was quite difficult given the quality of the phone call and that I could not properly record our conversation. Here is a summary of the topics that we discussed!

They try to create an innovative and creative MMORPG based on stories of living as Flame and Cold , The Secret of Southern Sun , The Fair Dragon and recently Pirates of Heaven . Mike's role is to constantly create content for players and at a much higher than any other MMO on the market rate. This is a quality assurance Guild Wars 2 and the job is wonderfully orchestrated since the launch of the game through these events .

Their goal is to disseminate new game content every two weeks , which beat the game updates, enhancements, and content available to players.

Regarding the claims of the players on the permanent content , their teams take the subject seriously and are working to develop more content remain anchored in the game It's a long work to prepare this content but that will come as soon as possible. New dungeons could be created as well as dynamic events, everything would be provided by a new event size. But I repeat, this is not for now.

The seasonal events such as Halloween and Yuletide game and will remain in their repeated annually content if the players have enjoyed. A new story could be added and the new dungeon content, activities, dynamic events, quests, and other equipment. Teams always work to provide new content, but in fact, repetitive seasonal events for components could be retained. So surely we will retry the belfry crazy for Halloween!

No new activities in game yet but maybe others will be added later for our greatest pleasure. Participate you from time to time in these activities? eg Launched barrels beside 's Hoelbrak.

Ready to shoot? Fire!

I then asked if they had add PvE content which may include more than 5 players , such as raids in other MMOs. Mike confirmed that they are currently working on this content, but it will be different from what we know about other games approach "Guild Wars 2 touch" on this facet of the game They take their time to this experience is innovative, creative and really fun for the players.

To return to the events of the game, is currently between 40 and 70 people working on the events that we are offered every two weeks. This component is essential for the functioning of the game since it is thanks to system events they always incorporate more content (permanent or not) Guild Wars 2. These events support the addition of a particular component. Some teams are working on the current event and others are already preparing for the future event. I do not have more information on that course. They can quickly provide quality content for the players and the community in general remains active. They generally follow the events that players feel really involved in the game's history

About guild halls , they will be implemented when it comes into play ... The housing ! They want these halls are more than meeting places and RolePlay offering various exciting services.

I had some other issues but we have discussed and allocated 30 minutes went by very quickly. Additional information will arrive shortly from other fan sites that have or will also be able to discuss with Mike Zadorojny.

So I say to you very soon and have fun in the game!

As of this post, the original article is missing, however it appears to have actually existed and the Google translation was fairly accurate.  It did make it up to Reddit.

Be interesting to see their approach on raiding... considering that world events already do raiding, how are they going to produce content that requires strategy and for how large of a group?  Mechanics are pretty difficult for a lot of reasons... You can't position a boss.  Group healing and support are pretty dead and don't offer enough boost to be central to any fight (such as damage checks, healing checks and mobility checks).

And the instant they start creating those types of fights, the community is going to revolt because now they're being pigeon-holed into roles.

And not even the massive elephant in the room, which will be rewards for completing the content... You aren't going to have people organize crap on the off-chance of getting an item they'll immediately turn into ectos.  They could give laurels or whatever currency to turn into a quartermaster, but then the 'casual' crowd is going to get its ass up on its shoulders about the sudden creation of a new social class in GW2.

Edited by MazingerZ, 28 June 2013 - 04:50 PM.

It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#2 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

What I'd like: raids to get progressively more difficult. Some token (similar to dungeons) which can guarantee rewards, with some rng based skins at each chest. Have a bunch of skins that drop from any chest, rather than a specific skin per boss, or just 1 rare skin for the whole thing. Basically I want to see rewards that have a mix of guarantee and luck, and which reward you evenly for how long you spend in there. If you do 1/5th of the instance, you get 1/5th of the rewards. Have the instance increasing in difficulty. That way, you do what you're able to (whether your guild is small, more casual, maybe you're not the best player etc) and have some chance at getting items, or over a long period of time. If you're more hardcore, determined, skilled etc you can get the full rewards.
However I have a feeling they're going to tie ascended armour and/or weapons into this new instance. Something similar to guild commendations would be fine, cos right now you could just do a bounty a week and still get the earrings, eventually or you can join a big guild and get things quickly. Obviously there will be a number requirement, but outside that it should scale nicely, and offer the number of rewards to scale with progression; rather than tying certain rewards to only some bosses etc.

Edited by Sheepski, 28 June 2013 - 05:11 PM.

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!

#3 Arewn

Arewn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

Interesting, not sure how I feel about it though.
They're just starting to get better with boss fight design in the recent dungeons, I'm not sure I want them to jump into anything bigger until they get that down pat. It really comes down to what this "GW2 twist" on raiding ends up being.
It could be traditional MMO raids that simply scale to the number of players, it could be the current world bosses and associated event chains put into an instance and tuned for specific groups, or it could be something entirely different.
And as Mazinger said, what about rewards? I'm personally not against VERY light treadmills, something desirable and performance boosting, but only helps you in the specific content it came from. But they'd have to be very careful with how it's implemented. If not that, what else?
Not enough information, and we don't even know if it's real unfortunately.

Edit: the problem with skins as a reward from progressive content: if you don't like the skin/if your character is already all dressed up, you have nothing to aim for.

Edited by Arewn, 28 June 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#4 Featherman

Featherman

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1028 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

They'll probably give bosses poorly telegraphed gibs and call spamming f to ressurect "support" :P

That said, the current level of combat design has me keeping my expectations low.

#5 Mastruq

Mastruq

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

They can just make raids the way they've done since release: Multi-stage dynamic events scaled for 10+ players. Introduce them through the guild event system and you dont even need to add new rewards (though they should). Since we started doing guild events I've felt a raid interface for multiple groups would be very helpful even for those (obviously not required since we did all guild missions currently in game successfully, but it would help organizing).

I feel one of the reasons much of this isnt officially refered to as raids (Dragons, temples, guild puzzles) is that the some vocal parts of the community would have a stroke. In execution those are raids by another name (mind you WoW/Rift dont have the only raids in the business, and some older raids in other games are as simplistic as Shatterer).

They can add tons of large underground ruins to existing zones, cave complexes etc to house those raids in the open world, no need for instanced unless they want to use that (apparently they prefer not to, or the guild puzzles would be instanced instead having fairly arbitrary lockout mechanism for tag-alongs).

#6 Mhenlo

Mhenlo

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostMastruq, on 28 June 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

They can just make raids the way they've done since release: Multi-stage dynamic events scaled for 10+ players. Introduce them through the guild event system and you dont even need to add new rewards (though they should). Since we started doing guild events I've felt a raid interface for multiple groups would be very helpful even for those (obviously not required since we did all guild missions currently in game successfully, but it would help organizing).

I feel one of the reasons much of this isnt officially refered to as raids (Dragons, temples, guild puzzles) is that the some vocal parts of the community would have a stroke. In execution those are raids by another name (mind you WoW/Rift dont have the only raids in the business, and some older raids in other games are as simplistic as Shatterer).

They can add tons of large underground ruins to existing zones, cave complexes etc to house those raids in the open world, no need for instanced unless they want to use that (apparently they prefer not to, or the guild puzzles would be instanced instead having fairly arbitrary lockout mechanism for tag-alongs).

I think this a really really good idea. Open up the living world. It is in desperate need of more level 80 content. Add some fun DE's. Something that has a story to it perhaps. Something that is difficult. Oh yea, and make the loot decent.

#7 Arewn

Arewn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostMhenlo, on 28 June 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

I think this a really really good idea. Open up the living world. It is in desperate need of more level 80 content. Add some fun DE's. Something that has a story to it perhaps. Something that is difficult. Oh yea, and make the loot decent.
Problem is, how do they make the loot decent? Give us exotic drops? in a month exotics will be treated how we treat rares now. More gold? inflation. Skins? subjective desire. Karma? lol...
Maybe tier 6 crafting mats a lodestone? price on the TP would drop as a result, but I'd actually like to see that happen. Problem is that farming them anywhere else would become worthless by comparison.
Usually 'making loot better' in other games means introducing new, stronger, better loot to the game. GW2 doesn't generally do that though, so.... what's better or 'decent' loot?

More open world stuff would be good since between down-scaling, no mob-tagging, world bosses/major event chains, jumping puzzles, outdoor dungeon (few as they may be) and guild missions that's kinda GW2's strong point, .

#8 Mhenlo

Mhenlo

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostArewn, on 28 June 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

Problem is, how do they make the loot decent? Give us exotic drops? in a month exotics will be treated how we treat rares now. More gold? inflation. Skins? subjective desire. Karma? lol...
Maybe tier 6 crafting mats a lodestone? price on the TP would drop as a result, but I'd actually like to see that happen. Problem is that farming them anywhere else would become worthless by comparison.
Usually 'making loot better' in other games means introducing new, stronger, better loot to the game. GW2 doesn't generally do that though, so.... what's better or 'decent' loot?

More open world stuff would be good since between down-scaling, no mob-tagging, world bosses/major event chains, jumping puzzles, outdoor dungeon (few as they may be) and guild missions that's kinda GW2's strong point, .

That is a good question. One of the nice things for Guild Wars 1 was that they could just add new new skins to an area, and they were immediately interesting and fun to search for. They never had to change the tier of gear, just add new and fun skins to show off.

Crafting materials would be nice, but since crafting kinda sucks and you can't craft Ascended Gear, that is a problem too.

I guess that kind of points out another problem that is inherent to the way they made the game - specific currencies get you specific things. And the best things in game require very specific currencies that are only obtained through very long or boring/repetitive processes. There is very little room to add "good loot" to teh game given the system they have put in place.

That is kind of depressing.

#9 Faowri

Faowri

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1154 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

Oooooh. I have a mighty need for housing.

#10 Featherman

Featherman

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1028 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostMhenlo, on 28 June 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

That is a good question. One of the nice things for Guild Wars 1 was that they could just add new new skins to an area, and they were immediately interesting and fun to search for. They never had to change the tier of gear, just add new and fun skins to show off.

Crafting materials would be nice, but since crafting kinda sucks and you can't craft Ascended Gear, that is a problem too.

I guess that kind of points out another problem that is inherent to the way they made the game - specific currencies get you specific things. And the best things in game require very specific currencies that are only obtained through very long or boring/repetitive processes. There is very little room to add "good loot" to teh game given the system they have put in place.

That is kind of depressing.
Simple, give rewards that have intrinsic value to the player but have no market value. Skillpoints would be a good example if they had more interesting uses, i.e. something other than converting them to gold through a long and tedious process. They tried doing this very with ascended rings with the release of their gear treadmill, but since those rings are merely exotics with slightly higher stats there was little point to them other than to piss off loads of players.

Edited by Featherman, 28 June 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#11 Arewn

Arewn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

View PostFeatherman, on 28 June 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

Simple, give rewards that have intrinsic value to the player but have no market value. Skillpoints would be a good example if they had more interesting uses, i.e. something other than converting them to gold through a long and tedious process. They tried doing this very with ascended rings with the release of their gear treadmill, but since those rings are merely exotics with slightly higher stats there was little point to them other than to piss off loads of players.
You say 'simple' but fail to give a working example. Care to elaborate?

#12 SZSSZS

SZSSZS

Branded One

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[ToA]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

http://massively.joy...n-guild-wars-2/

Just wanted to post this in case anyone missed it. An in game conversation with Chris Whiteside where he mentions "our answer to raiding."

#13 Mhenlo

Mhenlo

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostFeatherman, on 28 June 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

I want to like the idea, but it just reminds me of adding another currency that has another use, especially considering the skill point idea.

Although, it could be a way to add new skills and skill hunting to the game. People generally seem to like the elite skill hunting from GW1. Something similar could work here. Or infusions.

#14 Featherman

Featherman

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1028 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostArewn, on 28 June 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

You say 'simple' but fail to give a working example. Care to elaborate?
There are plenty of examples if you would take the time to look around and use your noggin'.The skill capturing system in GW1 made content interesting and rewarding to repeat, but the skills themselves can't be sold. Another example would be the skill system in Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. Skills had no monetary value and were randomly dropped. You could make due without them, but when you got them (randomly) you would incorporate them into combat in interesting ways. This made hunting for certain skills more interesting because you'd have different skillsets and different ways to approach enemies each time. That's an extreme example of good loot drop that doesn't hinder the player's progression of wealth as it's integrated throughout the entire game, and I doubt ANet could conceive of something so brilliant seeing as how they're bound by the baggage that comes with developing mmos and misguided notions of skill balance (which ironically enough don't equate to anything good for the game)

For a working example of this in an MMO, look at Realm of the Mad God.

And I did give some examples relating to GW2. albeit a bad one because of how poorly it's currently designed. Skillpoints would be great if they provided more interesting if, for example, they would allow players to purchase side grades for their utilities/weapon abilities or even stuff for the player home.

Edited by Featherman, 28 June 2013 - 07:31 PM.

#15 Darkobra

Darkobra

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1366 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

I WOULD like to see GW2 be more of a world. A permanent world. Not a one month dungeon with a heavy focus on the gem store. They need to realise this is a GAME! And housing interests me. As do raids but I can't see me enjoying them in GW2.

Housing would probably bring me back to check it out for a bit. Now we just need a way to guest between EU and US so I can visit some overseas friends.

#16 MisterB

MisterB

Sylvari Specialist

• Members
  • 961 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Loot]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

It sure would be neat to have guild halls in a game titled, "Guild Wars 2."

#17 mattthecat

mattthecat

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[AMN]
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

View PostSZSSZS, on 28 June 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

http://massively.joy...n-guild-wars-2/

Just wanted to post this in case anyone missed it. An in game conversation with Chris Whiteside where he mentions "our answer to raiding."
i just watched this video and personally i liked how Richie was explaining the gear system of it. i dont think that adding acended weapons and armor will break the game or ruin it or anything i think a small gear grind will help with a raid type environment. it wont make encounters easier it will just add something more to get in the game.and i also think that if it does come out on the guild mission system it will encourage more guild play than random grouping .

#18 Mastruq

Mastruq

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

On the topic of loot:

Obviously skins are the main answer. The way new skins have been handled so far has been one of the weaker points of their post-release handling of the game. I'm not sure if they downsized the art department, if it is too small to begin with or they want to or are forced to handle them this way for financial reasons.

Count the number of new skins for itens that have been introduced exclusively through gameplay, and then those that have been introduced exclusively through the gem store or a derivative thereof. Everything in the gem store is available for gold oviously, and the dragon coffers and southsun crates equally follow that trend: farm them or farm/acquire gold and buy tons of them.

Other games with vertical item progression would have introduced 2-4 patches with new content (instanced dungeons and raids) for new loot (a tier of more powerful items for every equipment slot, including new skins for all that). Now I want dont want vertical but I want content additions and new skins (GW2s replacement for vertical is cosmetic after all). We have gotten almost no new armor until now and most of it is in the gem shop. We have fractals and if you count that southsun and guild missions as new content, That is all they've added.

Anet loudly proclaimed their support for the game post lauch will be unprecedented. They want to show that they can do just as much and far more then those subscription MMOs. That was their own claim. They have several live teams concurrently pushing full updates.

Let that sink for a moment... Do you feel they met the expectations created by those interviews last year?

I dont think they do. In my opinion Anet has reduced their support of the game to making monthly "content commercials" for the new gem shop skins.

#19 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:32 AM

Rumor (not much of one) has it the interview was pulled due to an embargo until this Tuesday.  So I expect July 2nd to have several sites release information regarding this move on their part.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#20 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2099 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[CUTE]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:25 AM

View PostMazingerZ, on 01 July 2013 - 12:32 AM, said:

Rumor (not much of one) has it the interview was pulled due to an embargo until this Tuesday.  So I expect July 2nd to have several sites release information regarding this move on their part.
ill wait till Tuesday for this and they have done this before with the embargo. :) Thanks for the heads up.

#21 MrIllusion

MrIllusion

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1174 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:43 AM

I hope by "housing" they don't just mean guild halls, but also home instances.

It'll be nice to have new demand for crafting.

#22 sfbrh

sfbrh

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:04 AM

As to rewards: skins. The entire endgame is skin-based, so no reason to fall short here. They don't have to be universally better than what we have now (i.e. everything with particle effects or such), just new and different.

Additionally, given the mention of guild housing in the same article, they could introduce customization options for houses into raids, obviously assuming there are other ways to get customization options (open world, dungeons etc).

As to the idea of Ascended armor: I really don't think they should release Ascended armor until they give a skin locker system. It is currently ok that it takes ages to get ascended trinkets, as you just need 1 set really (some people have more for different builds, but it is pretty viable to just have full zerk, and then change armor out if you want MF, more toughness etc). However, given the cosmetic nature of endgame, making you spend days to get a piece of ascended armor that is pretty much stuck with one look unless you spend a fortune on retransmuting it regularly, would suck. A dye interface for skins would be best imo, to ensure that after you have spent weeks/months getting your ascended set, you wouldnt be limited in terms of customization. However if that does happen, then ascended gear would be an obvious reward from raids.

#23 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2295 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:06 AM

Less talk more action, for years we had "when it's ready" and the "manifesto", now we have had almost a year of empty promises...until they actually do what they say they are going to and stick to it ....I am ignoring anything I hear until I see it in the game...

All just hot air until then.

#24 Everything_Xen

Everything_Xen

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

View PostFeatherman, on 28 June 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

There are plenty of examples if you would take the time to look around and use your noggin'.The skill capturing system in GW1 made content interesting and rewarding to repeat, but the skills themselves can't be sold. Another example would be the skill system in Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. Skills had no monetary value and were randomly dropped. You could make due without them, but when you got them (randomly) you would incorporate them into combat in interesting ways. This made hunting for certain skills more interesting because you'd have different skillsets and different ways to approach enemies each time. That's an extreme example of good loot drop that doesn't hinder the player's progression of wealth as it's integrated throughout the entire game, and I doubt ANet could conceive of something so brilliant seeing as how they're bound by the baggage that comes with developing mmos and misguided notions of skill balance (which ironically enough don't equate to anything good for the game)

For a working example of this in an MMO, look at Realm of the Mad God.

And I did give some examples relating to GW2. albeit a bad one because of how poorly it's currently designed. Skillpoints would be great if they provided more interesting if, for example, they would allow players to purchase side grades for their utilities/weapon abilities or even stuff for the player home.

I could see something like "recipe" drops to learn extra utility or elite skills.
Maybe 1/4 of a piece of a precursor. Throw all 4 in the forge for it once you get them all.
Or bonus trait points.

#25 Testud0

Testud0

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DD]
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:20 AM

View PostMisterB, on 28 June 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

It sure would be neat to have guild halls in a game titled, "Guild Wars 2."

the game is called guild wars because of the wars between guilds that happened before the events of prophecies, not because there are guilds in the game ^^'

Edited by Testud0, 01 July 2013 - 06:21 AM.

#26 leongrado

leongrado

Sylvari Specialist

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:14 AM

So much for not having raids huh? I feel like this kind of stuff would be better off released as a full expansion. These monthly content add-ons just aren't that appealing for people who left the game.

#27 nerfandderf

nerfandderf

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

skins and leader boards and titles

fastest clear - fastest clear no deaths ect

make it a real competition on your server and on NA or EU

then World (4 separate leader boards)

make it a competition worth doing and worth doing well and a title that means something when achieved.

At this point cof p1 and those who have run it non stop have already killed the economy since farmers/ing have been nerfed so
they should give others who arent zerker warriors/mes a chance to catch up.
P1 has has had a significant and detrimental effect to the economy far far worse than farming ever could.

#28 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

View Postleongrado, on 01 July 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

So much for not having raids huh? I feel like this kind of stuff would be better off released as a full expansion. These monthly content add-ons just aren't that appealing for people who left the game.

Not to mention confusing.  I logged into the game for the first time in a month diring the Dragon Bash.  No real idea what to do and of course everyone spamming LFG AR.  Realizing I didn't care enough to try and find out what there is to do, I logged off.  Played NWO instead.

The power of a game with quests is that you can pick up where you left off and slowly find your groove.  At max level in this game I have my 'dailies' (barely worth it, compared to another game's dailies) and they are so generic and boring.

Edited by MazingerZ, 01 July 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#29 Alex Dimitri

Alex Dimitri

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

I`m not for 2 week updates, everything they thrown to us so far by "living story" was kind of short and meaningless in terms of "update", i mean spoon feeding us 20-30 min content per month is nothing in life of a MMO !
I was kind of hopping that they would realize that maps we have so far in game becoming nuance "already seen" & "already done" we desperately need new region in game with few maps (high level at that) !

Guild Halls and proper housing should be big part of game this "Home Instance" we have now was and still is big bust (fail) !

As it goes with "raid" party`s i would welcome anything but problem with existing dungeons is not them but lack of reason to get back to them once you got what you wanted (crap rewards, waste of time, lack of rewards)...... they can make crazy ass cool looking dungeon raids but what`s the use if they don`t give you anything "worthwhile" to keep you comming back !

Carrot on the stick (perpetum mobile of every MMO) is kind of screwed up in Guild Wars 2 , it`s half chewed partially rotten vegetable that nobody wan`t to chase for !!!!

#30 AlixIcebane

AlixIcebane

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Ez0]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

I pray that we get raids and actual pve content. All these stupid jumping puzzles and mini games are getting annoying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users