Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Now that achievement points have rewards, how many points do you have?


  • Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: How many achievement points do you have? (276 member(s) have cast votes)

How many achievement points do you have?

  1. 0-499 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  2. 500-999 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  3. 1,000-1,999 (7 votes [2.54%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.54%

  4. 2,000-2,999 (28 votes [10.14%])

    Percentage of vote: 10.14%

  5. 3,000-3,999 (45 votes [16.30%])

    Percentage of vote: 16.30%

  6. 4,000-4,999 (39 votes [14.13%])

    Percentage of vote: 14.13%

  7. 5,000-5,999 (53 votes [19.20%])

    Percentage of vote: 19.20%

  8. 6,000-6,999 (49 votes [17.75%])

    Percentage of vote: 17.75%

  9. 7,000-7,999 (33 votes [11.96%])

    Percentage of vote: 11.96%

  10. 8,000-8,999 (13 votes [4.71%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.71%

  11. 9,000-9,999 (3 votes [1.09%])

    Percentage of vote: 1.09%

  12. 10k+ (6 votes [2.17%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Castaa

Castaa

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 273 posts
  • Location:San Francisco
  • Guild Tag:[Dark]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

Now that achievement points have rewards, how many points do you have?

I'm around 3600-3700, atm.

Never really have been much an achievement hunter since they were just a number until today.

Dulfy's article on the new achievement system

Edit: added poll.

Edited by Neo Nugget, 08 July 2013 - 06:21 PM.


#2 Digilodger

Digilodger

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 172 posts
  • Location:USA
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

I have ~7300 right now (as of the time I'm typing this post).  My friends have ~6700, ~8700, and ~9200.  I've seen people with over 10k achievement points, too.  Lucky them!

Depending on how good the rewards are, I might have to start grinding for achievement points.  I really hope that ANET keep to their words of "minimal grinding game" this time.  Grinding from ~7k to 10k+ in 2 weeks would be absolute hell.

Edited by Digilodger, 09 July 2013 - 04:01 AM.


#3 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3271 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostDigilodger, on 08 July 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

I have ~7300 right now.  My friends have ~6700, ~8700, and ~9200.

I've seen people with over 10k achievement points, too.  It's ridiculous.  Depending on how good the rewards are, I might have to start grinding for achievement points.  I really hope that ANET keep to their words of "minimal grinding game" this time.

Minimal grind for the necessary things, lots of grind for prestige, just like it was in GW1.

@OP, I'm close to 6k, but didn't play actively in a couple of months, so didn't do a daily in a long time...

#4 Rod Adams

Rod Adams

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 123 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

If you go look at the leaderboards, then everyone about around 3300 is in the 90th percentile, meaning 10% of the population has 3300 pts or more.

The fact that over half the people polled thus far are at 6000+ shows how skewed the population of any of these forum polls are vs the entire game population.

#5 Kurosov

Kurosov

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 593 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[TAC]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

I have just shy of 7k atm.

Got plenty of them from doing PS on alts, dungeon master+hobby and jumping puzzle/exploration achievements.

#6 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2048 posts
  • Location:(づ。*◕__◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧・。*。✧ Magic!
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[HEAT]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

View PostGilles VI, on 08 July 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

Minimal grind for the necessary things, lots of grind for prestige, just like it was in GW1.

@OP, I'm close to 6k, but didn't play actively in a couple of months, so didn't do a daily in a long time...
I agree with this statement. I'm just over 5k here. Now, I'm trying to log in and try to get the dailies done now.

#7 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2295 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

I have about 7000-8000. I missed loads in dailys though. Still not bothered to complete 100% map completion either lol.

Edited by Eon Lilu, 08 July 2013 - 09:32 PM.


#8 Bloggi

Bloggi

    Savant

  • Members
  • 857 posts
  • Location:Coastal
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[CRAP]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

About 6,300 (ie. not enough). I've always been near-compulsive about completing dailies before starting on anything else, initially for the mystic coins and karma jugs, and later on for the laurels especially. I also figured that account achievement points would be very important some day. Now I might have to go out of my comfort zone and do more jumping puzzles and PvP because there's actually a ton of achievement points waiting there as well.

#9 Andemius

Andemius

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 590 posts
  • Guild Tag:[herd]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

I have just short of 8,000. I've seen a handful (less than 10) people in game with 10,000+, but I only know of one person from my FL or guild who has more than me. Most players I know seem to be either 3,000+ or 6,000+

Edit: No, I won't be grinding them, I simply cba. If I get more via enjoying myself, brilliant. 15 chests (over 15 days) seems more than enough to satisfy me currently.

View PostBloggi, on 08 July 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

About 6,300 (ie. not enough). I've always been near-compulsive about completing dailies before starting on anything else, initially for the mystic coins and karma jugs, and later on for the laurels especially. I also figured that account achievement points would be very important some day. Now I might have to go out of my comfort zone and do more jumping puzzles and PvP because there's actually a ton of achievement points waiting there as well.

The highest contributor to my points is pvp (600+), have at it, lots to be got from there.

Edited by Andemius, 09 July 2013 - 12:17 AM.


#10 FoxBat

FoxBat

    Vigil Crusader

  • Members
  • 3929 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

With rewards at 500 per tier, and the significant ones at 1k, I can't see myself going out of the way to grind these. Kind of a let down when you compare to D3's paragon levels, they could have pushed MF through the roof here and also devalue MF gear in a similar fashion. I guess it's a bonus for whatever one is already picking up from daily/monthly grind though.

#11 Darkobra

Darkobra

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1366 posts
  • Location:Scotland

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:34 AM

Remove dailies from the equation and I wonder how many of the achievement points are legit.

#12 AKGeo

AKGeo

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:04 AM

View PostDarkobra, on 09 July 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

Remove dailies from the equation and I wonder how many of the achievement points are legit.

All of them.

What do you define as "legit"? You can't exactly cheat achievement points any more now that dungeon master and agent of entropy are capped at 250 each. I kind of feel jipped from the massive number of achievement points available through this living story content...I accumulated 6k achievement points long before these events happened and I had a commanding lead over everyone in each of my guilds...now a good portion of players in those guilds have met or surpassed my number, because I've been doing the bare minimum to get whatever tangible rewards were available in those categories, and they've been able to grind grind grind SAB and living story stuff to catch up without really getting the experience in the rest of the game that I have. Achievement points for these things are fine, but when you get 50, 25, 15 per category, that devalues achievement points. Now that you get tangible rewards with achievement points themselves, it further devalues the prestige of having large amounts of points because as mentioned frequently: everyone's going to be running these new skins.

When everyone has prestige, it's not prestige. I thought they learned that from GW1.

#13 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

    Golem Rider

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2238 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:13 AM

View PostAKGeo, on 09 July 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

All of them.

What do you define as "legit"? You can't exactly cheat achievement points any more now that dungeon master and agent of entropy are capped at 250 each.

I believe he's talking about the daily and monthly points you get, which just means how often you're logging in, as opposed to any real achievement.  The mechanic installed is largely designed to just get people to log in, much like the laurel.  It's kind of funny after we were told no new currencies would be added to the game.
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#14 Dervo

Dervo

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:45 AM

View PostMazingerZ, on 09 July 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

I believe he's talking about the daily and monthly points you get, which just means how often you're logging in, as opposed to any real achievement.  The mechanic installed is largely designed to just get people to log in, much like the laurel.  It's kind of funny after we were told no new currencies would be added to the game.

Achievement points aren't a new currency though, after all, they stated they would be giving a point to achievement points back when they first introduced laurels, which was obviously before anyone said anything about a lack of new currencies.

Frankly, I'm curious what would even be wrong with more currencies, yes they said they weren't looking to introduce more (I believe they said something along the lines of "anytime soon" but I'm not sure about that) but why do you think they said that?  I personally think it was because laurels had recently been introduced and people were wondering why the rewards simply couldn't be made into karma rewards somehow, maybe as very expensive items or something along those lines.  So they wanted to assure people that there wouldn't be a third iteration of karma and laurels.  If they had been thinking about adding another permanent dungeon with it's own token I think they would have simply rephrased it a little bit, because who (in their right mind) would be angry about getting another permanent dungeon, well... as long as it was done well.

Basically what I'm thinking is that if anet came out with a new system that rewarded "armor pieces" and you could only get an average of one a day, and you needed 15-30 for ascended armor pieces then there would be a great reason to complain.  Especially if new players could get them with low level toons and old players started with 0.  However, I see the new rewards as additional rewards for doing content that we could have already completed, and I don't see anything wrong with that.  New players or those who don't do too much of a variety of the game will have more incentive to play more and those who play more than them will get some nice rewards.  Yeah, I know it'll give them an advantage, but from what I've seen so far it won't be a huge one and only in the ability to gain better rewards, not in strength.

In fact I feel like those who had issues with items gained from laurels should be pleased about this update, since there doesn't seem to be any power advantage gained in terms of ascended gear.

Edited by Dervo, 09 July 2013 - 03:48 AM.


#15 Trei

Trei

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2910 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

What's wrong about a slew different currencies to many players is that it reinforces the notion that one is forced into a certain set of specific activities to get what he wants.

From there, you'll start to get a bunch of cliches about lies in regards to letting us play how we want.
I don't normally agree with such a perspective in general of course, but there is some validity in this particular context.

#16 lmaonade

lmaonade

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Location:That one place with the thing
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

4.4k achievement points, I'm not much of an achievement hunter and I took several breaks from the game, my guild leader is the highest in my guild atm at about 8k AP, she hates the temporary content because she does hunt for achievements

#17 kartana

kartana

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:53 AM

2,500. Hate to play just for achievements and play more or less just if they add a new living story.
Judging from how far off ArenaNet is in terms of effort vs. reward the rewards will probably cost so much points that I won't care.

#18 Reaper3354

Reaper3354

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:59 AM

Around 4500 for me roughly. Maybe a little more now that I been doin stuffs.

#19 iLag

iLag

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1063 posts
  • Location:Australia
  • Guild Tag:[NoW]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

About 2k to be fair when I got my thief to 80 I didnt play her much at all after I got her geared, was sick of the ♥♥♥♥ing fractals. Only the new living story updates have brung me back, oh and I didn't do dailys when leveling up since I didnt know of them. So theres that.

#20 Satenia

Satenia

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CULT]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

Around 6600-ish, with quite a bit of "unfinished" stuff (like the explorer ones), where I'm hoping the new achievement-tracking will help towards finally completing them.

It largely depends on the rewards if I'll be actively focusing on obtaining more...

#21 rukia

rukia

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 599 posts
  • Location:Oregon
  • Profession:Thief
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

View PostDarkobra, on 09 July 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

Remove dailies from the equation and I wonder how many of the achievement points are legit.

Yeah no shit, probably 1k at most. Achievement points should never be attached to dailies in any game, not how it is in GW2. Proof that ANet has no clue how an MMO achievement system should work.

Edited by rukia, 09 July 2013 - 10:39 AM.


#22 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

    Golem Rider

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2238 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

View Postrukia, on 09 July 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:



Yeah no shit, probably 1k at most. Achievement points should never be attached to dailies in any game, not how it is in GW2. Proof that ANet has no clue how an MMO achievement system should work.

Pretty sure they do, since now there will be people logging in daily just to earn points now.   It's not about your sense achievement, but their manipulation of those still pkaying, as they add the most plastic of carrots to their stick.
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#23 Lycrus

Lycrus

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

View PostDigilodger, on 08 July 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

I have ~7300 right now (as of the time I'm typing this post).  My friends have ~6700, ~8700, and ~9200.  I've seen people with over 10k achievement points, too.  Lucky them!

Depending on how good the rewards are, I might have to start grinding for achievement points.  I really hope that ANET keep to their words of "minimal grinding game" this time.  Grinding from ~7k to 10k+ in 2 weeks would be absolute hell.

wait what?

who said these rewards stay for only 2 weeks????!!!!????

#24 Evans

Evans

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 424 posts
  • Location:Belgium

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

No one, they're a permanent addition. Or well, very likely.
They're introducing a new achievement system, not a temporary one.

On topic, just passed 5k points yesterday.

Edited by Evans, 09 July 2013 - 12:20 PM.


#25 ~PolarisNova~

~PolarisNova~

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3146 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

View Postrukia, on 09 July 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

Yeah no shit, probably 1k at most. Achievement points should never be attached to dailies in any game, not how it is in GW2. Proof that ANet has no clue how an MMO achievement system should work.

Mind explaining why? I've seen a few people saying they want dailies removed from AP....and yet I have not yet seen a really valid reason why.

On topic I have just over 4k...I consider that quite low considering I've been playing since headstart, but up until now I took almost zero notice of AP.

#26 turbo234

turbo234

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1033 posts
  • Location:Oak Creek, WI
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

I have nearly 4000 and I barely do dailies. Just make sure you do the events and jumping puzzles etc. and you're golden.

#27 Sheepski

Sheepski

    Seraph Guardian

  • Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Location:Manchester
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

View Postlmaonade, on 09 July 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

4.4k achievement points, I'm not much of an achievement hunter and I took several breaks from the game, my guild leader is the highest in my guild atm at about 8k AP, she hates the temporary content because she does hunt for achievements

My friends and I all have 7.5k and up and we too are getting a little tired of the constant hunt for new achievements every other week. We have other goals, other things we want to go for, yet we want to complete all the achievements and activities that are a part of temporary patches. New content is all well and good, but being permanent would mean we could at least do it when we feel like.

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!


#28 christiansoldier

christiansoldier

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostRod Adams, on 08 July 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

If you go look at the leaderboards, then everyone about around 3300 is in the 90th percentile, meaning 10% of the population has 3300 pts or more.

The fact that over half the people polled thus far are at 6000+ shows how skewed the population of any of these forum polls are vs the entire game population.

I have always said these forums are not a good representation of the game population.  The funny thing is a significant percentage of the people here hate the game or always complain about it but they probably have more achiievement points than 90% of the popluation.

#29 lmaonade

lmaonade

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Location:That one place with the thing
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostSheepski, on 09 July 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

My friends and I all have 7.5k and up and we too are getting a little tired of the constant hunt for new achievements every other week. We have other goals, other things we want to go for, yet we want to complete all the achievements and activities that are a part of temporary patches. New content is all well and good, but being permanent would mean we could at least do it when we feel like.

haha yeah she says it's very annoying when she has to put the core game on hold because the living story achievements are about to disappear forever, and she wants to complete them all while they are still there, she also rages over competitive ones like Sanctum Sprint, and RNG ones like the Moa Racing because she knows that if there are achievements attached to it then it'll take a while xD

#30 Sheepski

Sheepski

    Seraph Guardian

  • Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Location:Manchester
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

View Postlmaonade, on 09 July 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

haha yeah she says it's very annoying when she has to put the core game on hold because the living story achievements are about to disappear forever, and she wants to complete them all while they are still there, she also rages over competitive ones like Sanctum Sprint, and RNG ones like the Moa Racing because she knows that if there are achievements attached to it then it'll take a while xD

Haha yeah I'll no doubt be crap at the racing ones, and could never win a game. I was annoyed enough that I didn't win at Crab Toss... As I say, if they were permanent then there "always another day" to get them but meh... Anet loves their temporary, disappearing stuff.

Edited by Sheepski, 09 July 2013 - 04:12 PM.

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users