• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gurkirand

gurkirand

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:54 AM

Im thinking about switching servers right now. I mean theres nothing really wrong with my server we're just lacking in wvw. Also in case someone asks i dont really want to name what server im in at the moment. Anyways i was wondering what server is best overall. Im looking for a server with Strong guilds that participate in pve, pvp, and wvw and are helpful. Although i wouldnt mind a hardcore guild. Also are there any servers that when it comes to wvw, they dont just zerg around but actually do some interesting things and have real battles. For the most part in wvw in my server there are some battles but they dont last long and usually it doesnt amount to anything.

#2 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2097 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[CUTE]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:18 AM

Some where in the upper tiers of WvW, https://leaderboards...2.com/en/na/wvw

#3 gurkirand

gurkirand

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

Oh thanks lol i didnt even know about that.

#4 Bloggi

Bloggi

Savant

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[CRAP]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:39 AM

View Postgurkirand, on 26 July 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

Also are there any servers that when it comes to wvw, they dont just zerg around but actually do some interesting things and have real battles. For the most part in wvw in my server there are some battles but they dont last long and usually it doesnt amount to anything.

This would depend on your definition of 'zerg around', 'interesting things' and 'real battles'.

The current state of WvW encourages blobbing. But if we're talking about massive blobs just running around doing PvDoor and circle capping things, then I understand where you're coming from. That brings me to my next point: the amount of interesting things you're likely to see, and the number of real battles you're likely to have would be to some degree dependant on your matchup for that week.

There are situations right now where there are blowout matches (although hopefully things will stabilize if the system works as desired), but my experience so far is that you will have a good fight with at least one of the other servers for that week, if not both of them. If you're looking to some of the top tier servers for WvW, be aware that the higher the tier, the more likely you are to run into lengthy queues during peak periods, or find it near impossible to get in especially on day of reset. Also be prepared for lag of ginormous proportions where you can't even use an insta-cast skill.

More optimization is definitely in order but so far I find the WvW experience more than acceptable. It is a game after all.

#5 Iretha

Iretha

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

If you could find your way onto Blackgate somehow (it's full though last I checked :( ) I can ask someone in my PvE and WvW guild to add you. I actually find the wvw combat to be interesting, I too used to think that people would just 'zerg around' but then I learned that those zergs are actually organized groups in Teamspeak/Ventrillo with a few pugs.

#6 gurkirand

gurkirand

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

yeah at the moment in my server the commanders usually get large swathes of people to follow them. Usually its just going around and capping but sometimes they do some more organized stuff. its just annoying when a commander gets alot of people and does something stupid like trying to attack the lowlands keep from the front with only a few golems. Didnt turn out too well :( Oh well i guess ill try to guest around and see what other servers are like.
Thanks you all

Edited by gurkirand, 27 July 2013 - 06:46 PM.

#7 lmaonade

lmaonade

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

View Postgurkirand, on 27 July 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

yeah at the moment in my server the commanders usually get large swathes of people to follow them. Usually its just going around and capping but sometimes they do some more organized stuff. its just annoying when a commander gets alot of people and does something stupid like trying to attack the lowlands keep from the front with only a few golems. Didnt turn out too well :( Oh well i guess ill try to guest around and see what other servers are like.
Thanks you all

you can't enter another server's WvW by guesting, you just get kicked back into yours, you could guest into LA and ask around about how the WvW scene is, but you're not likely to get good info since the people who know it best would be IN WvW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users