• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Xetrov

Xetrov

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

In december, my pc decided to dislike GW2 and shut down every time I've been in the game for a couple of minutes. Now, a couple of months later I got a new pc and thus I want to return to the game. However, I have some difficulty getting grips on everything that happened the last few months, so can anyone tell me what's new?

#2 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3249 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

Almost nothing: updates are mostly temporary so the majority of content that was added was also removed.

#3 Iretha

Iretha

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

Oof, I'm sorry to say you missed a good chunk, but for right now you have the entirity of the Bazaar of the four winds and Cuththroat politics to enjoy. You can still do the Aetherblade retreat jumping puzzle and The dungeons you missed will come back somewhat as a fractal. I hope that you got to enjoy Wintersday before your computer started acting up.

Bazaar of the Four Winds: https://www.guildwar...s/july-09-2013/
Cuthtroat Politics: https://www.guildwar...s/july-23-2013/

I started to write a synopsis for you of what's gone on since you were gone...but it was getting way too long and I wasn't even at the halfway point for the Flame + Frost storyline. If you want to know what happened when you were away I can try to find youtube videos of the cutscenes and such of what happened, or keep on typing my not-so-short synopsis for you.

#4 davadude

davadude

Seraph Guardian

• News Correspondents
  • 1339 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[Team]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

There is a new 2 week update cycle, giving you content every 2 weeks.  I'd check out the "living story" article on GW2Wiki to read up about what's happened.
Davadude - Guru Village Idiot

#5 Castaa

Castaa

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Dark]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

You now get a special reward chest for every 500 achievement points you accrue. :)

You now can earn a new currency called Laurels that can be spent to acquire high end rings, necklaces and earrings.

Edited by Castaa, 28 July 2013 - 04:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users