#1 Kumori Tensei

Kumori Tensei

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Guild Tag:[One]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

Hello, so I'm fairly new to mesmer, only been playing a few weeks and it's almost exclusively WvW so far (only about lvl50 in my personal story)

I have a few questions of what is good to run in WvW, I want to be a utility, providing things no one else can in the form on null field and feedback and portal and such.

This is what I currently run - It's more defensive but with high crits and percision. I'll always have fury because we run as a guild group all the time, this includes might as well as other nifty things we get. Utilities switch out according to situation, which is almost always, feedback and null as a must for me though i feel like 90% of the time. portal when needed and to run places quickly i switch out to blink.

http://gw2skills.net...DTFjIqWIg LAA-w

please suggest anything you think is missing/needs to be made better to this build i run currently. i don't mind if you own it entirely im interested in what everyone has to say.

cheers.

Edited by Kumori Tensei, 31 July 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#2 Naglifar

Naglifar

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

In your traits try

Dueling II - having Phantasms that Crit for more damage is greater than the distance you can blink. If you are concerned about your survivability try Dueling V (Note: not having Dueling II is a massive loss in Burst for Mesmer Phantasm Builds)

Chaos IV - as above...think about whats more meaningful a slightly shorter cooldown on blink or 9% less damage taken.

Inspiration I - possibly the most underrated Mesmer trait, I almost always use...there is no shortage of corpses in WvW, and using this trait + the actual Feedback Utility skill usually results in a greater up time in area reflection. Not even joking...even if there is someone I do not intent to actually rez, i still 'start rezzing' just to proc a free reflect field (10sec recharge).

as for utilities don't forget to play around with Mass Invisibility and Decoy. I find Null Field and Time warp better for siege/ stationary fights--but Mass Invis and Decoy are a core component to sustaining Roams. In the middle of a fight its also very easy to Decoy and invis stomp an enemy.

#3 ZCKS

ZCKS

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1429 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

Well, couple things I would note.

1: You could really use a better rune. Rune of the pack, lyssa or Air would work well depending on your personal preferences.

2: Your food, I would suggest plate of truffle steak dinner, Omnomberry pie or omnomberry ghost.

3: Like Nag said illusionary defense is great.

4: I would drop far reaching manipulations for Phantasmal fury. It can give you a good boost in damage.

Lastly I know allot of people like the staff but I would consider dropping it. Given how much damage avoidance mesmers have via clones/reflections etc... I have never really seen the need for it.
If you insist on keeping it I would change it over to a rampager weapon for precision, power & condition damage. If you get rid of it I would grab a greatsword as it has allot of burst via the phantasm & much more single target damage.

Also this is the build I use, albeit with the gear you use. http://gw2skills.net...bMVMRUtQAmXAA-w if you get the chance to try it out I would suggest doing so with either rune of Lyssa or rune of the pack.

#4 Kumori Tensei

Kumori Tensei

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

Thanks for input, if I go with what you run ZCKS, I loose out on about 200 toughness, but I feel like my dps will go through the roof. There are some nice AoE aspects of the staff I really like, but I think that the GS is probably better overall. Giving "Might" also helps my team I suppose.

quick q - will I lose too much survivability byt losing out on the regen and prot at 75% health and the 50 toughness from staff and the 200 from 20 in Chaos? I am supposed ot be as alive as possible for as long as possible, so wil that still be plausible losing out on 250 toughness and regen and prot?

#5 ZCKS

ZCKS

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1429 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

Well you will lose some but since your running in a group it shouldn't be anything to worry too much about as long as you communicate.

I generally only use around 2400 toughness on mine (about 300 or so) less then what you would be & I do alright.

Just be sure to dodge allot & keep clones up so ppl are confused as to which one is really you,

If all else fails you can go back to the staff for the chaos armor & etheral field combos.

Also 2 other things I might suggest

1: Don't underestimate the grandmaster trait restorative illusions. It will heal you for around 1300 per shatter skill you use & between dodge rolling, summons etc you can shatter quite often.
&
2: Try using sigil of blood & either omnomberry pie or omnomberry ghost food as the health steal can proc very very often and is about 400 or so per proc. This should offset any survivability loss from the change in traits & give you a reasonable dps boost.

Edited by ZCKS, 02 August 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#6 Kumori Tensei

Kumori Tensei

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:34 AM

I have switched to the GS, I do notice a lot more fire power with my phantasms being so powerful. And since I have my group to support me all the time I can manage sorta alright without having the toughness I had before. Thank you ZCKS.

Anyone else have any input they can share? I'd really love to hear from some of the vocal mesmer speakers who theory craft builds and perfect playstyles. As I said, any critism good, bad, or constructive is really really welcome.

cheers.

#7 dunkelelf13

dunkelelf13

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

I don't know much about WvW, but in PvP woundn't drop staff: it buffs, damage is ok, if you take 20 in illusions (Illosionary Elasticity) and cond.dmg gear.
I just love do run in to a group and spam clones. With chaos armor and high mobility with (Phase Retreat) I'm able to survive most of 1vs 2 and 1vs 3 fights for a long time. Usually it's possible to take one out, before you'll need some cooldown.
The chaos probably only mesmer is able to produce, is helpful for others teammembers, espesialy for dps-orientend.

On the other hand, i'm still looking for a way, to combine sword/focus with staff. My dream is to play almost same build in WvW and PvE.... so I will be looking for input too ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users