There's not even a need for building something. I don't see why it would be bad that it resumes into 2 teams clashing for the purpose of destroying the ''nexus'' (A guild lord and npcs would be better than a simple nexus). It would last longer because both team would have their camp as defense and there would be no lanes EXEPT if you want to split.
There is no need for progression at all in fact, it's just a plus.
Here's a topic I posted on the suggestion forum of Guild Wars 2 :
" Hello everyone !
So I’ve been missing my good old GvG mode, like a lot of player, I assume the dev do miss GvG too ! Since Gw1 and Gw2 are so different it would sure need some fixes to be applied to the second game.
My idea is this :
- 3 Lanes with soldiers waves heading to the enemy base, giving a war vibe !
Killing a soldier would grant a buff such as +1 to the characteristics prioritized in your traits, or +1 overall characteristics, or +0.1% of your characteristics. Killing a player would give a higher bonus.
- Camps would be placed on lanes wich would do the job of the turrets in MOBA games. In these camps there would be soldiers strong enough to old quite some time, who would prioritize soldiers over players for targets, and would be easy to poke (Can’t leave the camp nor shoot farther than aggro range). Of course each team would be granted with equal amount of camps in the beginning and they would be destroyable.
- 1 river crossing the lanes
- 2 Fortress (one for each team) containing each a Guild lord and all his bodyguards (the goal is to kill him).
- A forest between lanes, inside the forest there would be typical biome creatures that would give buffs.
- A trebuchet that would wipe waves of soldiers.
- Lots of places to hide and attack your enemies by surprise !
Well you catch my idea. The idea of economy building in the mode isn’t required I think, because even if the players stay on one lane without wanting to farm the soldiers, there would still be opportunities for splits, side attacks, etc. And the goal would then be to destroy the camps and progress to reach the base and then kill the Lord.
PS : We see in other MOBA that there are roles and metas (for example adc, support, ap, tank, bruisers, etc) but that’s not the goal, at the end of the day, as long as it’s fun, easy to comprehend and access (wich Gw2 would be better at), and beautiful to watch, it’s cool and competitive !
This mode would really look like a MOBA and I think it’s possible, Guild Wars 2 style.
Well here it is
. Have a great day ! "
Edited by Infuse, 12 August 2013 - 05:26 PM.