• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Hiiko

Hiiko

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

Hello guys, im actually using a pow tough and vit gear with pow tough healing trinkets but i want to change my build,, what do u guys suggest me?

#2 Kamatsu

Kamatsu

G'day Mate

• Moderators
  • 1471 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

Moved to Guardian PvE forum (please state if your asking for PvP advice instead)

Have a moderation related issue? Send me a PM

#3 thewindwaker

thewindwaker

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

View PostHiiko, on 19 August 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

Hello guys, im actually using a pow tough and vit gear with pow tough healing trinkets but i want to change my build,, what do u guys suggest me?
if you are talking about PvE, I suggest you change your gear first :P I sure hope you are talking about WvW or something :-)

#4 lmaonade

lmaonade

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

check out some of the topics that have already been made, many of them contain very good information gathered by people who actually pounded the numbers out.

http://www.guildwars...e-handed-build/

http://www.guildwars...dian-dps-build/

http://www.guildwars...guardian-build/

http://www.guildwars...hammers-in-pve/

http://www.guildwars...ps-build-guide/

http://www.guildwars...r-elementalist/

#5 Hiiko

Hiiko

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

im actually looking for a different build by the one that i use now, i do only pve basically, fractals and dungeons..and i dont really want to "copy" pre-made builds ..

Edited by Hiiko, 19 August 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#6 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3314 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

View PostHiiko, on 19 August 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

im actually looking for a different build by the one that i use now, i do only pve basically, fractals and dungeons..and i dont really want to "copy" pre-made builds ..

Well if you just want some general advice then:
  • Go berserker gear, guardian has enough tricks to survive without tanky gear.
  • Go GS, that has the highest dmg
  • Try using AH combined with empowering might and shouts to have amazing self-healing/teamsupport

#7 XRay

XRay

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[TBF]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

I don't understand why you are asking for suggestions if you don't want ppl to link you the suggestions O.o

#8 Hiiko

Hiiko

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:47 AM

i basically want tips so i can do my own build :D i atm have a zerk gear, with ruby orbs, and zerk trinkets with ruby jewel, and thats my traits: http://oi40.tinypic.com/fna0j6.jpg , what changing can i do, i was thinking about changing few pieces to get more def, so i dont die so easily, and what about the best utilities?

Edited by Hiiko, 19 August 2013 - 09:00 AM.

#9 thewindwaker

thewindwaker

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

View PostHiiko, on 19 August 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

i basically want tips so i can do my own build :D
the single most important tip has already been given: get berserker gear :P

#10 Hiiko

Hiiko

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

i do start from a premade traits tree but i want to change few stuff couse, i want to make damage but i still dont want to die easily..

#11 thewindwaker

thewindwaker

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

want to do damage? get berserker.
dont want to die easily? learn boss encounters and therefore to dodge. done :-)

#12 Snake of Nemesis

Snake of Nemesis

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NR]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

Hiiko

Guardians have many ways of keeping themselves alive, chiefly their ability to block incoming damage outright. Looking at the traits you have posted they are not that bad, but what you gain in the extra critical chance you loose out on some very vital traits. Below I have linked an alternate trait selection that may be right up your alley. It includes Altruistic Healing which gives you heals every time you give yourself or any other party member a boon. Coupled with that is Empowering Might, which gives yourself and party members 1 stack of might every time you critically hit something. This means, whenever you critically hit (which is at 50% so quite frequently), you will not only give people a minor boost to their damage, but also receive about (my numbers may be wrong here but...) about 60 hp per person including yourself. That does not sound like a great deal at first, but then factor in your constant Regeneration from your F2 Virtue, as well as any actual regeneration on you and those little heals add up. If you still feel like you are dying alot, try using a focus on your off hand, they work quite well in regards to easy to use blocks. Also you can equip the sigil of blood, which again has a chance on critical (much like the food buff you should be using) to get you even more hp. This means your hp will constantly be rising back up, which just leaves some damage. Sitting at 60% extra critical damage is not bad, its by no rights terrible, and with a near 50% crit chance, you should see decent numbers. Decent, not amazing. But with so many incoming sources of heals as well as a very high amount of toughness, you should be very 'tanky' and still put out fair to even good damage.

This link is the build. Trait suggestions will be in it, as well as weapons. Utilities are always best in situational, so swap out let's say the signet for wall of reflection if fighting ranged, or in arah :) I have used this build since very early on in the game and only just switched to something i personally enjoy more, but it has served me very well. Again, if anything, look through the trait synergy and find your own path if need be. I hope this has helped!

http://gw2skills.net...HHzbQEVLEQ5FA-e

#13 guanlongwucaii

guanlongwucaii

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[LOO]

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

AH is a terrible trait. It's completely selfish and will make you bad because it reduces your reliance on dodging and skill use to mitigate and evade damage. Don't use it. Secondly, sigil of Blood is not worth it - the weak heal has an ICD. Use lifesteal food instead; it's cheaper, all around useful and allows you to use an actually useful sigil.

Secondly, your build is pretty OK traits-wise for a (not full) DPS build. However, if you wanted more survivability, I wouldn't suggest using tanky gear. Instead, go with a hammer (because perma protection >>>>>>>>>>> crappy tank gear) and you could run a build of 15/15/0/30/10 or the other guides in this forum. Of course, knowing fight mechanics is still the best way to not die.

#14 Kovares

Kovares

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostHiiko, on 19 August 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

i basically want tips so i can do my own build :D i atm have a zerk gear, with ruby orbs, and zerk trinkets with ruby jewel, and thats my traits: http://oi40.tinypic.com/fna0j6.jpg , what changing can i do, i was thinking about changing few pieces to get more def, so i dont die so easily, and what about the best utilities?

Personally, I don't see the point in changing working trait/skill combinations just to "make it personal". After all, there are not that many traits/skills that work in a given environment, much less in combination.

All the info is there, read it, and if you have a specific question, or anything that's not covered in it people will be glad to reply I think.

#15 Hiiko

Hiiko

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:29 AM

thanks guys for tips, i would do 3 gear now, also can i use my zerk gear with the hammer build? anyway im gonna use the zerk one on dungeons but what about fractals, thats the build i use in it now: pow tough and vitality on gear with the rune of the soldier, all the trinkets with pow tough healing, mace pow tough healing with sigil of energy and shield pow tough vitality with sigili of life and thats my traits: 0,0,30(IV,VII,XI),30(II;VIII;X),10(II) what about this one? should i change something? couse i want to be helpful in fractals

Edited by Hiiko, 20 August 2013 - 06:50 AM.

#16 thewindwaker

thewindwaker

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

View PostHiiko, on 20 August 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

thanks guys for tips, i would do 3 gear now, also can i use my zerk gear with the hammer build? anyway im gonna use the zerk one on dungeons but what about fractals, thats the build i use in it now: pow tough and vitality on gear with the rune of the soldier, all the trinkets with pow tough healing, mace pow tough healing with sigil of energy and shield pow tough vitality with sigili of life and thats my traits: 0,0,30(IV,VII,XI),30(II;VIII;X),10(II) what about this one? should i change something? couse i want to be helpful in fractals
being helpful in fractals, as being helpful in any other dungeon, is doing damage (while of course making use of utility spells, especially as a guardian. people always want them (usually at least two^^) in their group, which makes the run about 2/5 longer than it would usually take, because all think "I'm here for support!" - but then again are unable to make proper use of their utitilies. meaning, I would use the exact same spec you posted for dungeons in fractals too (using berserker gear!). you might also wanna have a look at http://www.guildwars...dian-dps-build/
this is different, for it doesn't have the on-shout-condition removal, but you are able to trait shield of the avenger for certain fights while still having traited master of consecrations. :-)
the thing is, especially in later level fractals, everything is going to be oneshotting you anyway, so going defensive is the worst option you have.

#17 Hiiko

Hiiko

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:29 AM

so u are saying that i should use the traits i ve posted:0,0,30(IV,VII,XI),30(II;VIII;X),10(II) with zerk build? also the problem is that i have only 5 AR but it is on my Cleric amulet :\

#18 thewindwaker

thewindwaker

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

View PostHiiko, on 20 August 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

so u are saying that i should use the traits i ve posted:0,0,30(IV,VII,XI),30(II;VIII;X),10(II) with zerk build? also the problem is that i have only 5 AR but it is on my Cleric amulet :\

oh sorry, my answer might have been ambiguous. I meant the 0/30/0/30/10 build you mentioned earlier at some point. OR go for the build I posted 10/30/0/10/20 (and as soon as you are perfectly comfortable in berserker gear with all the encounters go for 10/30/0/0/30 (no vigor).
(both with berserker, basically everything, no matter which build you are going for should be used with berserker in PvE)

for the amulet, well, just use it as long as you don't have anything better. btw in case you still have any of the back pieces from Southsun, the yellow flower thingy or the tentacle one, those can also be infused with AR and are account bound. ;-)

Edited by thewindwaker, 20 August 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#19 Hiiko

Hiiko

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

Really? i should use all the builds with the zerk build? how the 10/30/0/10/20 works? and what about the hammer build? would i be able to spam protection with the zerk build getting perma protection?

#20 thewindwaker

thewindwaker

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

all the builds with berserker gear, yes. =)
the 10/30/0/10/20 does play exactly like the 0/30/0/30/10 but you don't have condition removal via shouts, but only via F2. but you are able to get both, 50% longer spirit weapons and master of consecrations in virtues, which is very good in a lot of fights. you also gain 10% more damage on burning targets (which can be traited to also reduce the cooldown on spirit weapons, meaning sota by 20%).

http://www.guildwars...r-elementalist/
this is pretty much the hammer build I would recommend ;-) (fortunately there's also a video explaining the reasoning behind gear and trait choice)

Edited by thewindwaker, 20 August 2013 - 08:26 AM.

#21 Bantay

Bantay

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

'm using 0/30/0/30/10 as well with s/f as main weapon set full zerker gear. I'm buffing my team with might on crit and pure of voice to cleanse conditions and longer reflects on wall of reflections. I'm lvl 28 fractals and I'm not dying a lot. Just know how to use your blocks and dodges.
Noticed I replied to a wrong thread a while ago. -. -

#22 Hiiko

Hiiko

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

what other builds fits on berseker gear tho? i want to try the hammer one, want to see how its in fractals

#23 Bantay

Bantay

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

With the same build I just posted I switch to hammer sometimes. Just switch the traits for larger symbols, longer symbols and symbols heal :)

#24 lmaonade

lmaonade

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:21 AM

View PostHiiko, on 20 August 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

Really? i should use all the builds with the zerk build? how the 10/30/0/10/20 works? and what about the hammer build? would i be able to spam protection with the zerk build getting perma protection?

yes, I play a hammer build that's altered slightly for more damage but can put out permanent protection all the same, 25/25/0/20/0, taking damage and symbol traits (I use writ of exaltation and persistence)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users