5 replies to this topic

#1 BombenBernd

BombenBernd

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:41 AM

Hey Guys,

I am sitting on my 20 Laurels and i want to spend them on Syzygy or a mf infusion on my zerker amulett

I use the Grenadier Build for PVE (rampgaer/ zerker mix)

Should i exchange my zerker amu or keep it and take the unfusion?

See you

bombenBernd

#2 Xarahn

Xarahn

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

Definitly take keep your Zerk Amulet, whatever infusion you put on it.

I also believe the gold increase one will serve you better, though I personally put AR.

#3 Elric of Grans

Elric of Grans

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Guild Tag:[YOSH]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:55 AM

I would not suggest the MF infusion considering ANet said they are removing character-based MF in the near future.  Better to wait and see what the new MF system looks like than to invest the Laurels on something that may soon be useless.

#4 Phineas Poe

Phineas Poe

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1050 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[EG]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

For PvE, I believe a DPS amulet is best.

I used to wear a Syzygy amulet, but that was primarily because (1) I wasn't swimming in laurels and it made sense to have one that was useful for multiple builds because I swap around a lot between Power and Condi and (2) the Magic Find was a benefit. Magic Find is soon to go away, so I cannot recommend it on that basis, and now I have three amulets for my Engineer: one Celestial, one Rampager, and one Berserker. With the achievement chests, you should have more laurels than you know what to do with now.

These days I almost never wear the Celestial amulet in PvE, and find that Celestial in general is best used in small-scale WvW where you can take advantage of the higher stat total (provided your build makes use of them). Only time I throw on my Celestial is for world event fights like Balthazar and Grenth where I make use of the Healing Power to help keep NPCs alive.

Edited by Phineas Poe, 21 August 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#5 coglin

coglin

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1402 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[MoG]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:42 PM

I dunno. I find my 115% crit damage, 60% crit chance, 20k health, to work well from the full set of celestial gear. I often use a 10/30/0/0/30 and can make alot of changes without having to respec. Not to mention a little boost to condition damage with almost 800 CD. With my points in in the lines I mention, I can tweak a trait on the fly to accomidate about any kit or gadget, maintain very solid damage, while still being capable of good CC or heal support.

One thing I think a lot of players do not realise when looking at celestial grear, is that it has 1% more critical damage then berzerkers gear does, on every single piece of armor.

As I see it, there is no reason not to have the celestial item. You may not use it in every build, but its cheap and easy to aquire. I have al professions to 80, but almost primarily play my engineer, so I quit literally have a full set of every gear stat combo for him in my bank. I am of the mentality that it never hyrts to have another piece of gear.

Edited by coglin, 21 August 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#6 Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ss]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostElric of Grans, on 20 August 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

I would not suggest the MF infusion considering ANet said they are removing character-based MF in the near future.  Better to wait and see what the new MF system looks like than to invest the Laurels on something that may soon be useless.
I noticed ANet didn't mess with my sweet little Asuragineer's Syzy+MagicFind infusion.  Syz is now +54 every stat and 7% crit dam, but the infusion I inserted pre-patch is still 20% magic find.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users