Fenn

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[ITA]
  • Server:Whiteside Ridge

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

Hello there!! I've just changed my old grenades-condition build with this one http://gw2skills.net...GTHTEVLFAFjBA-e !
I think this is a pretty good build for my gameplay but I want to ask you some tips to get it better. I usually like to do high damage but even do cond. damage too!
Thank you very much and sorry for my bad grammatic! :P :P :D

Edited by Fenn, 24 August 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#2 Plyte

Plyte

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:51 PM

A few comments:

1. Any build that spends more than 10 points in tools tends to use medkit as the healing skill. This is because the 15-point minor trait is strong when used this way.

2. In a condition build, Scope isn't all that great. With condition damage in your build, I'd be looking for more ways to get bleeds or fire uptime. Also PvE mechanics encourage stacking, and if you are further than 600 range, you may be missing group buffs such as For Great Justice.

3. If you have points in alchemy and tools, theres no reason to not get Invigorating Speed. Vigor is just amazing and makes fights such as the grawl fractal boss just so much easier.

4. Incin Power is really situational now. That internal cooldown is a massive nuisance, but that 5 seconds of burning is pretty nice; Pair it with Condition duration food and you get about 7 seconds of burning from that trait. But theres issues with multiple-target fights. Its not the biggest of deals. Luckily explosives trait tree is one of the best for engineers and has other options that are viable. Also burning is pretty common in groups with guardians and elementalists.

5. I'd try to work the 5-point Firearms trait, Sharpshooter into a build. With Condition duration food, it gives you bleed stacks that last 5 seconds especially with how much fury is in your build.

#3 Fenn

Fenn

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[ITA]
  • Server:Whiteside Ridge

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

Thank you for your answer.
I totally forgot about the 5 points minor trait in Firearms so I added it. I agree that it's better to have (almost) perma-vigor than 5% of vitality converted into cond. damage and also agree with point 2.
About point 1 I usually use Elixir H for his boons and 2 condition remove! But i'll try the medkit to see how it's effective.
I applied some changes at traits following many of your advices and want to do more changes:
Do you think it's a good idea to take out 5 points to alchemy and use get the Packaged Stimulants trait in Tools? If yes, does it worth to keep the minor 15 points trait on Alchemy?
http://gw2skills.net...6GTHTEVLEwixA-e

#4 Plyte

Plyte

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

Personally I use Backpack Regen on my engy because i just find it so useful. The 15-point trait in Alchemy isn't reliable enough to be useful, so if you aren't shooting for the 20 point, might as well have only 10.

If you like using condition cleansing elixirs then go for it. If so, you could fall back to 10 points in tools and pick up pistol CDR in firearms for more burn uptime with blowtorch.

For dungeon condition builds, I'd recommend using rampagers gear. One of the problems with rabid is the number of bosses you run across that either cleanse conditions off quickly or simply are immune to conditions. Rampager gear provides a way to damage these targets.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: build engineer, grenades, grenade, condition, damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users