• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

[Answered] The daily grind...back after 3 months off, need advice!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gamblers_luck

gamblers_luck

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

Okay so I have noticed now that they have changed how they reward tokens and Gold in the Explorable paths and dungeons, as well as changed the champions so that they drop boxes which vary in rarity etc. I also used to log in and do a few Cof runs etc and some times do world events like the Dragons.  

With all of these changes now, is it worth doing the same paths in dungeons multiple times or should I just be doing them once then moving on to other things?  If there is a new guide or post on this forum or a video just link that if it is easier I don't want to be going over stuff someone else has already discussed but any assistance will be appreciated.

#2 Kuskah

Kuskah

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

For farming I'd say run CoF 1 & 2 + whole AC once per day, which should net you together almost 7g. If that's not enough for you per day, you can go to Frostgorge Sound and farm Champions for these boxes. It's best done in a zerg so this is highly dependent on your server. Right now, you can also do Scarlet's invasions, which spawn several champions as well + rewards you at the end.

#3 Featherman

Featherman

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1028 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Obligatory "you're wrong for not playing the game just for fun as I do."

Pleasantries aside, I believe the new reward system gives you far more for a daily completion, so it may be better to do a daily rotation. I'm not sure what the new DR rate is in terms of gold, but you can probably expect it to be lower than the previous rate thanks to the CoF nerf.

I'm not sure about efficiency or if anyone has gone through the trouble of calculating an optimal rotation, but there's a table on the wiki that lists the rewards per path. You can probably calculate your own rotation using the reward table and on your own clear speed.

Edited by Featherman, 31 August 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#4 lmaonade

lmaonade

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

Once and move on, the general trend is that everyone does all paths once each day on one character now, that's why the lfg listings are pretty much completely empty a few hours before reset

#5 gamblers_luck

gamblers_luck

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

Some great replies, thanks guys.  As it stands now I'm doing the following:

1) COF1&2  and AC 1&3 Once per day

2) Daily's for my Laurels. This usually includes going to Orr or Frostsound Gorge for a small amount of Ori, Mithril, and Ancient wood gathering.

3) *Temporary* Doing the invasions and joining the zerg to get loot boxes from champs.

4) Cursed shore champ train.

That's the main stuff really, I haven't tried farming the champs in FSG yet so will check that out too but there seems to be a hell of a lot more people in Cursed shores doing that train than any other.

Anything you think should be added to list list please feel free to contribute.  

I am also currently farming the Platinum at the bottom of Bloodtide coast for platinum ore, it's gone up on the TP since the new of ascended item crafting so will horde some of that so I don't have to buy it off the TP when it inflates later.

Edited by gamblers_luck, 01 September 2013 - 05:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users