• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#1 OriginalSinX

OriginalSinX

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

The more i read all these topics, the more i realize the vast majority of people on these forums are hugely negative.  I question why the people here still play if they are so unhappy.  I have been playing this game since beta and i and for the first time ready to stop going to this website, as its is just a bunch of unhappy men ages 30-40 who seem to only be happy when they are unhappy.  GW2GURU, i'm sorry but i cannot see any reason to keep checking in with you and i will either just use gw2 forums, or try and find any group of people that are happier then this sad sack of potatoes here.  GL with all the unhappiness all :).

#2 Fantasy Trope

Fantasy Trope

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[EZ]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

First time on an MMO forum?  :D

#3 Mordakai

Mordakai

Mordakai7

• Community Contributors
  • 8117 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

Most of us are GW1 vets who fell in love with a grind-free game that was easy to learn, but hard to master.

If you are a fan of something, you tend to want it improved.  There is no louder Star Wars critic than a Star Wars fan.

If I did not see the potential of GW2 or lament it's failings, I would not be here.  I still play a hour a day, usually on alts.

#4 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5370 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

View PostMordakai, on 04 September 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

Most of us are GW1 vets who fell in love with a grind-free game that was easy to learn, but hard to master.

If you are a fan of something, you tend to want it improved.  There is no louder Star Wars critic than a Star Wars fan.

If I did not see the potential of GW2 or lament it's failings, I would not be here.  I still play a hour a day, usually on alts.

But then again "most of us" that actually are GW1 vets are fully aware about the fact that GW1 had massive grind and was very far from grind-free that some people keep talking about when comparing to GW2.

If you are a fan of something, you are usually also blind to many of its faults, which can be seen when people talk about how everything was awesome and perfect in GW1.

#5 HawkofStorms

HawkofStorms

Guru's Source of Witty Banter

• Members
  • 3101 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

I agree.  I've been a member of this forum community for 9 years, dating back to Guild Wars (1) Guru. I'm one of the top 10 most active posters of all time.  I've basically stopped posting because I feel like my opinions have been drowned out.

There was just a huge patch and there are basically no threads discussing it.  There is not a single thread actually discussing the new levels of SAB.  Just a thread bitching about the rewards for it.  The forum has turned into a group of about 10 people who complain about everything and like each others posts.  There is no more logical discussion or even discussion about the game at all.  There is just paranoia and conspiracy theories.  So, what's the point of me even bothering to discuss things anymore.  The negativity is actually so bad it has discouraged people like me from even bothering to post anymore.  That is why this forum is suffering a slow death.

#6 Iretha

Iretha

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

Yes, I too have seen a lot of negativity on gw2 guru. One of the things that has bothered me the most is the "I haven't played in x amount of time what have I missed?" threads where people just slime it up and make the game seem like a giant chore. Actively pushing people away from trying the game out again. Not quite sure what can be done about it though, an 'unlike' or karma system could be abused..

Edited by Chalky, 05 September 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#7 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2295 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

Maybe the increase in negative posts is in line with the increase in unhappiness from more and more plays in GW2? Maybe more players are unhappy with the direction in which Arena Net are taking the game they wanted to love and enjoy? Maybe more players are waking up? I mean some of you like to make out it's always the same few people posting, but if you take a look you will see it's actually more new people speaking up about the negative aspects of GW2, not just the same usual people as you try to make out...

If you think the negativity is bad on guru is bad you should try the official forums, it's even worse...mmm...I wonder why?

https://forum-en.gui...ly-Grind-Wars-2
https://forum-en.gui...eir-farming-fix
https://forum-en.gui...-on-new-players
https://forum-en.gui...t-be-time-gated
https://forum-en.gui...ll-no-fun-to-me
https://forum-en.gui...-is-bad-for-wvw
https://forum-en.gui...sy-work-too-far
https://forum-en.gui...n-PAX-Interview

I mean that's just a few linked from the 1st page of general discussion....there are pages upon pages of negative topics and hundreds of negative posts, doesn't even include all the other forum sections, if I posted all of them it would take up a whole page on here easily...

So maybe it's not just guru or a few select same players like you try to make out? Maybe the game has a lot of issues and that is why there is an increase in negativity?

Just a thought.

Edited by Eon Lilu, 04 September 2013 - 10:05 PM.

#8 HawkofStorms

HawkofStorms

Guru's Source of Witty Banter

• Members
  • 3101 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

Once again, more posts not actually discussing the topic of this thread (the negativity on these forums) or the content of the game, but instead going off topic discussing the cash shop agenda, the evilness of A.net, or the bugginess of the game... or something.

I used to be able to come here for stuff that I now have to go to Dulfy for.  Guides, screenshots, discussions of tips, tricks, tactics, the game economy, etc.  People who make that sort of content no longer post here.  I go elsewhere for that now.

#9 Arewn

Arewn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

A thread about the negative attitudes on guru being derailed by those very same negative attitudes on guru... wow.
Forums are a natural ground for complaints, it comes with the turf, it's one of the main reasons/motives for posting on a forum in the first place.Have a problem with something? go talk about it on the forums. But another important aspect to a healthy forum community is wholesome discussion about the game itself, and I absolutely agree that that aspect is being drowned out by the constant influx of negativity put out by a number of regulars here on guru, making it an uncomfortable place to post and actively inhibiting discussion.

#10 Arewn

Arewn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostEon Lilu, on 04 September 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

Maybe the increase in negative posts is in line with the increase in unhappiness from more and more plays in GW2? Maybe more players are unhappy with the direction in which Arena Net are taking the game they wanted to love and enjoy? Maybe more players are waking up? I mean some of you like to make out it's always the same few people posting, but if you take a look you will see it's actually more new people speaking up about the negative aspects of GW2, not just the same usual people as you try to make out...

Just a thought.
It's not "an increase" in negative posts though.
Guru has a decent size user base, but is small enough that you can recognize the regulars if you frequent the forums enough. Unfortunately, there's a number of those regulars who have made it their daily 'habit' or 'ritual' to come make a slew of negative posts on what ever they can find. Some of these users, by the sounds of it, actually play GW2 regularly and I think just do it out of habit at this point (discussion is discussion after all, what ever gets ya going).
This has been going on for months upon months, it's not a new phenomena and has been discussed and brought up a number of times. The op is just the next person to get fed up and leave, as the guru community slowly bleeds out.

#11 Culture Shock

Culture Shock

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1662 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

Baggage.  Just as in relationships I think you can explain the unhappiness of these so called "ex" GW1 fans with that word.  They said there will be no monks, yet people still complain that there are no monks.  They said there would be a more "collective" effort in groups, yet people still complain that there are no designated "roles" to play.  

Some people just didn't listen and adjust their thinking to accept an entirely new game.  Just like some people can't let go of what their Ex did in the past relationship so they drag the baggage into the next.  You can't really get to know a new person and judge them for who "they are" if you keep looking at them through the baggage from the last relationships.  This creates a jaded view of the new person that will never allow for complete enjoyment or satisfaction from the "new relationship".  

Some of this baggage comes from other games also, and if you notice that these dissatisfied gamers always have some game they bring up that is doing things better in certain areas than GW2.  They remind me of the ghosts of ascalon.  They still hang around the battle fields even though the war is long over .... and they lost.

The facts show that only a small percentage of the player base actually comes here to post, so the game is not any where near as bad as they would have you believe.  I have made my peace with them though because I understand who they are and what drives them now.

#12 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

View PostCulture Shock, on 04 September 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

Baggage.  Just as in relationships I think you can explain the unhappiness of these so called "ex" GW1 fans with that word.  They said there will be no monks, yet people still complain that there are no monks.  They said there would be a more "collective" effort in groups, yet people still complain that there are no designated "roles" to play.  

Some people just didn't listen and adjust their thinking to accept an entirely new game.  Just like some people can't let go of what their Ex did in the past relationship so they drag the baggage into the next.  You can't really get to know a new person and judge them for who "they are" if you keep looking at them through the baggage from the last relationships.  This creates a jaded view of the new person that will never allow for complete enjoyment or satisfaction from the "new relationship".  

Some of this baggage comes from other games also, and if you notice that these dissatisfied gamers always have some game they bring up that is doing things better in certain areas than GW2.  They remind me of the ghosts of ascalon.  They still hang around the battle fields even though the war is long over .... and they lost.

The facts show that only a small percentage of the player base actually comes here to post, so the game is not any where near as bad as they would have you believe.  I have made my peace with them though because I understand who they are and what drives them now.

Am feeling really creeped out about how you've anthropomorphized GW2 as a person we're in a relationship with and apparently need to accept them as they are.

And not as, you know, a product we purchased with expectations and haven't had those expectations met so are providing feedback in a more open environment than the widely acknowledged over-moderated environment of their own forums.
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#13 Fantasy Trope

Fantasy Trope

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[EZ]

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

On a more serious note, if you want a better atmosphere, make more positive posts.  Leaving won't stop the negativity.

Think of creative, constructive posts.  You don't have control of the responses, but being the one to frame a discussion by starting it is pretty important.

#14 Lucav

Lucav

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SC]

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

View PostHawkofStorms, on 04 September 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

I agree.  I've been a member of this forum community for 9 years, dating back to Guild Wars (1) Guru. I'm one of the top 10 most active posters of all time.  I've basically stopped posting because I feel like my opinions have been drowned out.

There was just a huge patch and there are basically no threads discussing it.  There is not a single thread actually discussing the new levels of SAB.  Just a thread bitching about the rewards for it.  The forum has turned into a group of about 10 people who complain about everything and like each others posts.  There is no more logical discussion or even discussion about the game at all.  There is just paranoia and conspiracy theories.  So, what's the point of me even bothering to discuss things anymore.  The negativity is actually so bad it has discouraged people like me from even bothering to post anymore.  That is why this forum is suffering a slow death.
This, so much this

#15 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

View PostArewn, on 04 September 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

It's not "an increase" in negative posts though.

Dude, about six months ago, Mordakai was singing this game's praises along with others.  I've never seen him/her more negative about it than I have today.

People can change how they think.

From what I've seen of the new LFG tool, I like it, but with the additional changes, it's one step forward and two steps back for me.

Edited by MazingerZ, 04 September 2013 - 10:19 PM.

It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#16 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2295 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

View PostEon Lilu, on 04 September 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

If you think the negativity is bad on guru is bad you should try the official forums, it's even worse...mmm...I wonder why?

https://forum-en.gui...ly-Grind-Wars-2
https://forum-en.gui...eir-farming-fix
https://forum-en.gui...-on-new-players
https://forum-en.gui...t-be-time-gated
https://forum-en.gui...ll-no-fun-to-me
https://forum-en.gui...-is-bad-for-wvw
https://forum-en.gui...sy-work-too-far
https://forum-en.gui...n-PAX-Interview

I mean that's just a few linked from the 1st page of general discussion....there are pages upon pages of negative topics and hundreds of negative posts, doesn't even include all the other forum sections, if I posted all of them it would take up a whole page on here easily...

So maybe it's not just guru or a few select same players like you try to make out? Maybe the game has a lot of issues and that is why there is an increase in negativity?

Just a thought.

Also forgot to mention I am a GW1 7+ years fan, even went to a games show just to meet Arena Net and play the demo years ago, even took questions from the guru community with me and interviewed Anet staff...I was crazy about gw2 and gw1, I met a lot of good friends I still play with in GW1.

I supported Anet for almost a decade now and was crazy supporter of GW2, but that does not mean players will be blind fan boi's and not point out when they see certain things going on that are not good for the game or for the players.

It is not just the same few people and it's even more present on the official forums that it is here.

Edited by Eon Lilu, 04 September 2013 - 10:25 PM.

#17 Daesu

Daesu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1344 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NPO]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

I think many GW1 players are more casual players and do not invest as much time into GW2 as the hardcore players.  GW2 is more catered for hardcore players which is a totally different philosophy from GW1.  And many GW1 players are in guru because of the GW1 guru website.

I have created another thread here explaining why I think GW2 caters for the hardcore players more than GW1 ever did:

http://www.guildwars...s-than-gw1-did/

The differing design philosophies between the 2 games confuses and disappoints GW1 players who have moved on to GW2.

Edited by Daesu, 04 September 2013 - 10:28 PM.

#18 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2099 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[CUTE]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

We know the bad stuff inside the game, werent putting them under the rug but we arent bring them up in every single thread we can. A few of us want to know and talk about the new patch and not derailing into the same stuff, that you guys have be bring it up every so often. We know you guys are uphappy, just dont bring it into every thread you can.

Edited by Azure Skye, 04 September 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#19 Arewn

Arewn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

View PostMazingerZ, on 04 September 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Dude, about six months ago, Mordakai was singing this game's praises along with others.  I've never seen him/her more negative about it than I have today.

People can change how they think.

From what I've seen of the new LFG tool, I like it, but with the additional changes, it's one step forward and two steps back for me.
Someone changed their mind, their views are now different. I didn't claim no body has changed their mind about it, and I don't see how a few people changing their mind(which can go both ways, there was a thread opened recently about someone coming back to the game and liking it) doesn't mean negativity on guru has seen a notable increase in recent times and is something new.

#20 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2295 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

View PostAzure Skye, on 04 September 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

We know the bad stuff inside the game, werent putting them into the rug but we arent bring them up in every single thread we can. A few of want to know and talk about the new patch and not derailing into the same stuff, that you guys have be bring it up every so often. We know you guys are uphappy, just dont bring it into every thread you can.

When Arena Net stop bringing out things that a large chunk of the players have an issue with or obvious cash grabs or against what they said they were going to do, or many other things that have been doing, sure we will stop but if they bring out patches every 2 weeks with the same or different issues every 2 weeks, then we are going to bring up those same and the different issues every few weeks...

I am sorry but this notion that it's the same every time and the same players every time is false and very fake foundation to base your argument on.

Read my previous posts for proof if you need it or just go to the official forums. It's there for you to see for yourself.

Edited by Eon Lilu, 04 September 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#21 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5370 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

I think the main issue is that most people that actually like the game don't even bother reading these forums anymore due to the fact that more or less every single thread is filled with bashing the game or ArenaNet.

#22 NerfHerder

NerfHerder

Sylvari Specialist

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

To me, the negativity is explainable. They like GW2 and its still the best MMO out there. The negative posts stem from two major factors. 1) It is not GW1 and they want it to be, or it does not meet their expectations in some way. 2) They haven't found a better game or hobby. Deep down, they care about GW2, thats why they hang out to voice their opinion. If they didnt care, they would have moved on by now. SWTOR and DCUO let me down a long time ago. There is no way I'm wasting my time on those forums. Otherwise, they are trolling.

#23 lmaonade

lmaonade

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:49 AM

A forum is a forum is a forum

but this thread is pointless

#24 Loperdos

Loperdos

Sylvari Specialist

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[THF]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:49 AM

View PostHawkofStorms, on 04 September 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

I agree.  I've been a member of this forum community for 9 years, dating back to Guild Wars (1) Guru. I'm one of the top 10 most active posters of all time.  I've basically stopped posting because I feel like my opinions have been drowned out....

~snipfu

....The negativity is actually so bad it has discouraged people like me from even bothering to post anymore.  That is why this forum is suffering a slow death.

Two things about this post.  First, this makes me incredibly sad to see such a long-time Guru member saying things like this.

Second, I think that its not just discouraging "old-timers" from posting on the forums, but new players as well.  Perhaps some of it is that there are less new players to GW2 as there were before, but just in the last few months I have seen a dramatic drop in the amount of posts, threads and new comments in the Vigil Academy (PvE) area, especially within the Thief sub-forum.  Since that's where I spend a lot of my posting time (as many of you know), I've definitely noticed a down-turn in the amount of people posting.  The most recent post in that sub-forum was my own, from yesterday.  Before that, the most recent was Sept 2nd.  Not even 3-4 months ago, there were new threads and posts multiple times a day.  Now its a good day if there is ONE new post.  Same thing goes for the Vigil Academy as a whole, it seems, from those who I talk to who have been active in that part of the forum for a while.

View PostLordkrall, on 04 September 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

I think the main issue is that most people that actually like the game don't even bother reading these forums anymore due to the fact that more or less every single thread is filled with bashing the game or ArenaNet.

This may be not the main issue, but I certainly think it is an issue.  For the last couple months, whenever I recommend Guru to a friend who is just picking up GW2, I always tell them that if they like the game, avoid the Tyrian Assembly because that's where people who don't like the game post, whereas the people in the Vigil Academy (generally) are the ones who still like the game.

In the end, there is a difference between talking about the issues with a game and having a negative attitude about said issues, and unfortunately, it seems that the pendulum has swung towards the negativity side of things, rather than the productive, constructive side of discussion.

Edited by Loperdos, 05 September 2013 - 01:50 AM.

#25 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2099 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[CUTE]

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

View PostEon Lilu, on 04 September 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

When Arena Net stop bringing out things that a large chunk of the players have an issue with or obvious cash grabs or against what they said they were going to do, or many other things that have been doing, sure we will stop but if they bring out patches every 2 weeks with the same or different issues every 2 weeks, then we are going to bring up those same and the different issues every few weeks...

I am sorry but this notion that it's the same every time and the same players every time is false and very fake foundation to base your argument on.

Read my previous posts for proof if you need it or just go to the official forums. It's there for you to see for yourself.
They arent going to please everyone at all from content, living story, WvW or PvP and they never will. The obvious cash grabs are obvious. if you dont have self control from buying it, i feel sorry for you.

Most of us came to the issue that GW2 isnt at all the same GW1 and we arent going back. We just moving forward with it, we arent trying to make GW2 into GW1. They are a different company from year ago, 5 years ago and even 10. Its not going to stay the same at all with the people inside of arenanet, direction and the players, you have to keep moving forward.

Edited by Azure Skye, 05 September 2013 - 01:57 AM.

#26 Darkobra

Darkobra

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1366 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:29 AM

View PostDaesu, on 04 September 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

And many GW1 players are in guru because of the GW1 guru website.

Exactly. The people that think this is a new trend were never really around GW1 Guru. If GW1 had official forums, I'd have been there instead.

Where were these "All we see is negativity" threads then? Ursan Blessing added? A war with two sides. People who loved how easy it made the game and people who said "It's nothing but grind and it's required to play the game!" While I played the game doing things with 7 heroes that they couldn't even comprehend. "But what about the other 5 ursans?"

How about when heroes were added in general? Now nobody will group with you? Most people didn't in the first place! We just endured hench over joining slower, less skilled pugs.

Hall of Monuments? "We're forced to do PvP!" Well, no. You're not. There's nothing beyond 30 points and that can be obtained purely through PvE.

So through the pinnacle and history of the entire of GW1, with many complaints and many addressed by the ArenaNet staff and even sorted and compromised, NOW you choose to say that the forums are too negative? How else would issues get addressed? How else would change and compromise come if we can't be heard when bigger issues fall through the cracks?

You disagree with something? Start a discussion. You like something? Start a thread saying you like it. You think a forum has too much negativity in a game? Avoid ALL game forums. Ever. In the entire history of game forums.

This is nothing new. The only surprise here is that people think it is.

#27 Fizzypop

Fizzypop

Sylvari Specialist

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

View PostAzure Skye, on 04 September 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

We know the bad stuff inside the game, werent putting them under the rug but we arent bring them up in every single thread we can. A few of us want to know and talk about the new patch and not derailing into the same stuff, that you guys have be bring it up every so often. We know you guys are uphappy, just dont bring it into every thread you can.

Then start your own thread about the patch? You honestly shouldn't dictate what other people post or start threads about. If you don't like a comment nor want to see it again then stop reading it, stop responding, and create your own threads for the topics you want to see covered. That is the solution.

View PostLoperdos, on 05 September 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

This may be not the main issue, but I certainly think it is an issue.  For the last couple months, whenever I recommend Guru to a friend who is just picking up GW2, I always tell them that if they like the game, avoid the Tyrian Assembly because that's where people who don't like the game post, whereas the people in the Vigil Academy (generally) are the ones who still like the game.

In the end, there is a difference between talking about the issues with a game and having a negative attitude about said issues, and unfortunately, it seems that the pendulum has swung towards the negativity side of things, rather than the productive, constructive side of discussion.

There have been TONS of constructive discussion, but honestly I think more players are simply getting fed up. Just taking a look at the official forums implies that. I never posted there months ago because if I even suggested anet was doing something dumb I'd get eaten alive...now yeah not the case. Honestly, I'm surprised at their lack of customer service....I was at least enjoying the queen stuff (except the forced zergs for storyline), but then they reset my monthly. They said they'd look into fixing it, made up an excuse that they couldn't, and then refused to discuss it further nor gave compensation for time lost. That's just simply spitting on your customers. If it wasn't the lack of content/gamplay that got me, that definitely does it. So I came back to enjoy myself for a few weeks then get spit on. Not a pretty picture for a returning customer. :/

View PostAzure Skye, on 05 September 2013 - 01:54 AM, said:

They arent going to please everyone at all from content, living story, WvW or PvP and they never will. The obvious cash grabs are obvious. if you dont have self control from buying it, i feel sorry for you.

Most of us came to the issue that GW2 isnt at all the same GW1 and we arent going back. We just moving forward with it, we arent trying to make GW2 into GW1. They are a different company from year ago, 5 years ago and even 10. Its not going to stay the same at all with the people inside of arenanet, direction and the players, you have to keep moving forward.

Sigh every time this comes up I have to say it again, but just because you can "avoid" the cash grab does NOT mean we have to ignore it. We shouldn't ignore it because ignoring the problem will only make it worse. Do you remember the saying "Give them an inch, they take a mile?" this is exactly that. Every inch we give they are going to take a mile. Moving forward doesn't mean accepting whatever someone throws at you either.

Edited by Fizzypop, 05 September 2013 - 02:56 AM.

#28 Mhenlo

Mhenlo

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

Negativity wouldn't exist if the game didnt deserve it. People would post more positive stuff if there was more positive stuff to post. Don't pin it on the dissenters that people don't post more positive stuff. That is a bad scapegoat.

#29 Iretha

Iretha

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

I see a few of the negative people on this thread. I went from lurking for a long while, to joining and posting a bit, and it's interesting to see how bold you guys have become in perpetuating your cancerous ideas of the game. I only say cancerous because it seems the negativity has gotten worse, what once seemed to be anger and bitterness cleverly disguised as constructive criticism has started to cross that border over into plain, outright slander-land. Actively discouraging people from joining the game, or returning, and now smogging up the place and getting even more people to leave these forums. (Lookit me, being negative about the negative people, two negatives make a positive somehow, right?)

Yet again, I can't find a solution. Can anyone find one? A Karma system where you can dislike as well as like people's posts could be abused. Is there even a potential fix to this rising problem? I suppose we can wait for a few to get bolder and bolder until they're inevitably banned. I'm not a very creative person, so it's hard for me to find an answer to this problem, can anyone else think of anything?

#30 Arewn

Arewn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

View PostMhenlo, on 05 September 2013 - 02:45 AM, said:

Negativity wouldn't exist if the game didnt deserve it. People would post more positive stuff if there was more positive stuff to post. Don't pin it on the dissenters that people don't post more positive stuff. That is a bad scapegoat.
Right.. because everyone is perfectly unbiased and just.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users