• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kaoru N

Kaoru N

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

I think everyone started to salvage your fine/masterwork loots to get Essene of luck from last

patch. The system stopped asking confirmation for salvaging masterwork weapons.

Unfortunately, i transmuted my infinite light from my Mesmer to Warrior recently. Even

though the name of the weapon is still show as an exotic weapon, you will still salvage it

by one click without any confirmation. Especially for weapon like infinite light because the

icon of it looks just like any fine/masterwork sword. I just don't wanna see anyone falling in

the same trap like me :( . So go transmute your important weapon to rare/exotic at

least. If it still stay as a fine/masterwork it is very easy to salvage it by mistake.

Arena net will not offer you a restoration or exchange for your weapon.

Below are the responds i got from GM( i have asked again for restoration so there are two

responds)

Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team.

We are sorry to hear you salvaged the Infinite Light by mistake. While we would like to be able to offer you a restoration or exchange for your weapon, at this time we are unable to make these kinds of adjustments to characters under the situation you have described. I'm sorry that there's not more that we can do in this case.

Thank you for contacting us back.

I understand the way you are feeling about this matter, however, as we stated we are not able to restore individual items for the situation that you described. While we understand that you would have preferred to receive a different answer to your request, we must reiterate that we are unable to fulfill your request

I hope this post is not too late to alert people who didn't know this yet

SoR player

Main character:Hector T

#2 Haruka Zahm

Haruka Zahm

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[RED]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

Look before you salvage.  Sorry this happened to you, but some simple inventory organization will keep this from happening.

#3 d_fens

d_fens

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Guild Tag:[WAR]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

One thing that can really help to organize your stuff is to buy/craft one or two safe boxes/invisible bags. While they don't protect your stuff from being salvaged, you can put gear you are using in them (try to fill them to the last spot) and then you will only get stuff that can be safely-ish salvaged in other bags. I have two such bags and they are usually minimized, so I only harvest materials from items in other bags (not important).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users