Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

End of LFG Site?


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Zabrielx

Zabrielx

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[GV]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

The new LFG tool is coming tomorrow. What do you guys think will happen with the LFG site? i think it will become obsolete. Cant wait for this patch.

Edited by Kattar, 16 September 2013 - 05:03 PM.
Updated title to better reflect thread content


#2 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3314 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostZabrielx, on 16 September 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

The new LFG tool is coming tomorrow. What do you guys think will happen with the LFG site? i think it will become obsolete. Cant wait for this patch.

I think it'll become more popular in the hardcore dungeon crowd.
Not everyone is so eager to get teamed with randoms in blues/greens and getting punished if leaving those.
So those people might still use it more than before.

#3 Arewn

Arewn

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Location:Ontario, Canada
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostGilles VI, on 16 September 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

I think it'll become more popular in the hardcore dungeon crowd.
Not everyone is so eager to get teamed with randoms in blues/greens and getting punished if leaving those.
So those people might still use it more than before.
Since the in-game LFG tool will function similarly to the website, where you make a posting with a note on what you're looking for, and people can then join your group, I was under the impression that party members would retain the ability to press X to stop people from joining just as they can now with parties, so I don't think that will be a problem.
We'll see tomorrow though I guess.

#4 Captain Bulldozer

Captain Bulldozer

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 392 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SoDF]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

This will partly depend on how good the LFG tool is.  The current LFG tool is obviously a joke, but even in GW1 where there was a much better designed system in place, it was still occasionally lacking.  IF the new in house tool is well designed and offers similar (or better) options than those on the various website tools, I think we'll see the website dry up reasonably fast, as it's just more convenient to do group searches in game than not in game.

#5 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3314 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostArewn, on 16 September 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

Since the in-game LFG tool will function similarly to the website, where you make a posting with a note on what you're looking for, and people can then join your group, I was under the impression that party members would retain the ability to press X to stop people from joining just as they can now with parties, so I don't think that will be a problem.
We'll see tomorrow though I guess.

People can't see now if someone that asks to join only wears blues or not, so they need to accept, ask to ping and then kick if they are wearing only blues/greens.
But with the in-game LFG tool, if you kick people that joined repeatedly, you can't use it for some time.
So in that regard I think the website will have a steady amount of visitors that want to avoid that.

#6 Darkobra

Darkobra

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1366 posts
  • Location:Scotland

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

Is it tomorrow? Thought it wasn't until the 23rd or something.  Although saying that, it'll be the 23rd before we can all use it.

I'm really looking forward to this and it will definitely increase my incentive to try mid-level dungeons on other characters.

#7 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2099 posts
  • Location:(づ。*◕__◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧・。*。✧ Magic!
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[CUTE]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostDarkobra, on 16 September 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Is it tomorrow? Thought it wasn't until the 23rd or something.  Although saying that, it'll be the 23rd before we can all use it.

I'm really looking forward to this and it will definitely increase my incentive to try mid-level dungeons on other characters.
its tomorrow and think, we're going to use it a bit more after the update till it gets deployed to everyone.  https://www.guildwar...tember-17-2013/  

As i said before here: http://www.guildwars...90#entry2233109

Beta Rollout of Looking for Group Tool

Quote

Hey everyone,
With Tuesday’s release we are gearing up to launch the new Looking For Group tool for Guild Wars 2. As the system comes online, our primary focus is with the quality and the stability. To ensure a solid rollout, we’ll turn on the LFG tool in beta form to a subset of players. As the week goes on, we’ll periodically unlock the system to additional groups of players.
In Tuesday’s release notes, you’ll see the complete list of what the feature will do once we’ve fully unlocked the system. However, during the beta rollout not everyone will be able to use the LFG tool and the World vs. World subcategories will be disabled.
The Looking for Group feature has been highly requested and we’re excited to be this close to its final release, but quality is paramount. Therefore, we ask for your patience and understanding while we work through this phased beta rollout and with any problems we encounter.
Thanks,
Mike Zadorojny


& the Looking For Group team

Just like the trading post from launch, remember that? Lol :qq:

Edited by Azure Skye, 16 September 2013 - 05:02 PM.


#8 HELLruler

HELLruler

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[MR]
  • Server:Devona's Rest

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

I dont think it'll end. A lot of new players dont know about it, and they keep "spamming" in map chat to find people. Now they will know that there's an in-game tool to find groups easily
So I agree with Gilles, and will probably continue using the site to try preventing stress if I want a good run

#9 Latinkuro

Latinkuro

    Fahrar Cub

  • New Members
  • 14 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[REV]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

in game lfg for easy dungeons
gw2lfg for hard dungeons were i want a set party comp in order to avoid wipes and taking to long to clear the dungeon.
so no i don't think the site will vanish but it will be used a lot less imo.

#10 Darkobra

Darkobra

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1366 posts
  • Location:Scotland

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

What about the guy that runs the site? Is he going to keep paying to host it when there's a system in-game?

#11 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2099 posts
  • Location:(づ。*◕__◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧・。*。✧ Magic!
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[CUTE]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

View PostDarkobra, on 16 September 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

What about the guy that runs the site? Is he going to keep paying to host it when there's a system in-game?
We don't know, everything is up in the air now. I wish they made him and the other LFG site owner a npc after them, they did so much for the community. :P

He said this from his subreddit, take it as you will:

Quote

Thanks for all the nice comments. I'm glad I could be a part of it. Was a fun ride!!
http://www.reddit.co...htoh_gw2lfgcom/

Edited by Azure Skye, 16 September 2013 - 09:32 PM.


#12 Zabrielx

Zabrielx

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[GV]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

View PostAzure Skye, on 16 September 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

We don't know, everything is up in the air now. I wish they made him and the other LFG site owner a npc after them, they did so much for the community. :P

He said this from his subreddit, take it as you will:

http://www.reddit.co...htoh_gw2lfgcom/

He definitely deserves a npc named after him.

Edited by Zabrielx, 17 September 2013 - 03:01 PM.


#13 davadude

davadude

    Seraph Guardian

  • News Correspondents
  • 1363 posts
  • Location:The Netherlands
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[Team]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:03 AM

Will people stop using the site?  Depend on whether or not the in-game LFG tool is populated enough and can handle cross-server interaction.  If it cannot, the site will remain active.

View PostZabrielx, on 16 September 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

He diffidently deserves a npc named after him.
He needs to get one!
Davadude - Guru Village Idiot

#14 Latinkuro

Latinkuro

    Fahrar Cub

  • New Members
  • 14 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[REV]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

At 1st I was against this site simply because i needed to get outside the game to use it, but there's no denying that is did wonders for me, many of my toons were power leveled through dungeons because of it and most of my income is also because of it.

thank you for the great tool it is / was top notch.

#15 Minion

Minion

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 759 posts
  • Location:moi preciouss council house
  • Guild Tag:[Fäp]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

Biggest problem i see with the in-game LFG tool is that it supposedly only searches server-wide, not across all EU-US. Biggest flaw, it will be completely redundant if they don't fix.

#16 boomsticks

boomsticks

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

View PostMinion, on 19 September 2013 - 03:34 AM, said:

Biggest problem i see with the in-game LFG tool is that it supposedly only searches server-wide, not across all EU-US. Biggest flaw, it will be completely redundant if they don't fix.
No doubt - the BEST aspect is the multi server. It takes care of contested server issues, and broadens the accessible player base by what, 90%?

Also, it looks like fractals are in bands, not specific numbers which i am pretty sure is gonna keep people less interested in the new tool.

Out of interest, are there any features in the new tool that are not provided by gw2lfg (other than being in game)?

#17 davadude

davadude

    Seraph Guardian

  • News Correspondents
  • 1363 posts
  • Location:The Netherlands
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[Team]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:00 AM

View Postboomsticks, on 19 September 2013 - 04:06 AM, said:

Out of interest, are there any features in the new tool that are not provided by gw2lfg (other than being in game)?

The ability to fuse parties (a party of 2 and 3 can invite one person to make 5).

Edited by davadude, 19 September 2013 - 05:00 AM.

Davadude - Guru Village Idiot

#18 Minion

Minion

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 759 posts
  • Location:moi preciouss council house
  • Guild Tag:[Fäp]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

View Postdavadude, on 19 September 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

The ability to fuse parties (a party of 2 and 3 can invite one person to make 5).

This should have been a capability since launch, the party system is pretty balls. That's not a feature of the lfg tool anyway, you should just be able to invite two people to a team of three by inviting them.  Next incentive, please.

#19 davadude

davadude

    Seraph Guardian

  • News Correspondents
  • 1363 posts
  • Location:The Netherlands
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[Team]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostMinion, on 19 September 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

This should have been a capability since launch, the party system is pretty balls. That's not a feature of the lfg tool anyway, you should just be able to invite two people to a team of three by inviting them.  Next incentive, please.

I agree, but it was added with the LFG patch tool, and doing it manually still breaks it.  I'm also seeing the old "user has no Steam ID" pop up.
Davadude - Guru Village Idiot

#20 Jump_N_Move

Jump_N_Move

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

I've only seen the LFG menu pop up when you're actively in front of an open dungeon. If so that's just completely useless and will continue to use the site for as long as possible.

#21 Habacalva Zann Esu

Habacalva Zann Esu

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

Push Y, and there is your LFG tool (2nd tab). You can acces it anywhere.

#22 Minion

Minion

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 759 posts
  • Location:moi preciouss council house
  • Guild Tag:[Fäp]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

Got to say the tool is amazing. Does everything I'd want it to do apart from supply good players for my pugs.

#23 lalangamena

lalangamena

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

my only problem with the tool is the party size in GW2.

and i will explain,
in other games, you can make 'raid' size party, in GW2 i cannot make a squad, I can only join squad if a commander is present.

in GW2 if for some open world event like karka queen or temple I want to join a squad , it is still impossible.
the WWW part of the grouping tool is still missing.

other than that, its a good tool.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users