6 replies to this topic

#1 Dentvar

Dentvar

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

Hi,

I stopped playing Gw2 more or less 1 year ago. I entered from time to time. Did some jumping puzzles which I really really liked. ( no more undone now L )

So now I wan´t to pay some more attention again to GW2 and since PVE is what I like(maybe WvWvW) I wonder what’s out there new to do.

The SAB looked super interesting to me but its our just some weeks the year isn´t it?

How is the living story thing working? Every 2 weeks new content is a good thing but is there a way to play the content from the past year or do I have to always hurry to make the new content in 2 weeks to see all of the story?

Don´t get me wrong. I don´t QQ. I just wonder how this is going. If I do not like it I will screw myself and just go play a other game(not paying mothly fee for this J )

Well what more is out there to do?

Dungeons? The fractal one whats up with it? Saw a lot people talking about it but never get what it actually is.
Popular way to make gold still event farming in the lvl 80 zones? ( kind of boring)

#2 raspberry jam

raspberry jam

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 4794 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

The main storyline if you haven't done that, there's dungeons and other stuff as well. Fractals is an "infinite" dungeon (not really, you play randomly selected levels of the dungeon that gets harder and harder as you progress). Also in Fractals you can get some unique loot. Yeah SAB is only some weeks. People say it will be made permanent, I don't know. The Living Story is kind of bad in the sense that if you miss a part of it then it's gone forever. You can only play the currently available parts, not old removed ones. So yes you have to always hurry, or ignore the LS.

There's tons to do in GW2 and at the same time there's nothing to do there. Would recommend playing only if you truly enjoy the gameplay.

#3 Wonsavage

Wonsavage

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

Most of the Living World content that was introduced this year were annual events that will come back each year at the same time.  As far as the Living Story stuff is concerned, they've made mention that the two dungeons (Molten Facility and Aetherblade) will return as fractals.  But there's no set date or even guarantee on those so it's still up in the air whether or not that'll happen.  The story related stuff you just missed. It won't be coming back.

#4 WWJasonD

WWJasonD

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

Some of the content is playable.  They tend to keep jumping puzzles and dungeons.  
Fractals are like a series of instances you play for items and stuff.  Ask some one else about fractals, I don't usually do them.

#5 Red Omen

Red Omen

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[Five]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

The SAB was available through the months of April and September. It is temporary, but it is slated to return periodically each time they finish a new world.

New Living Story content is released every two weeks and remains for a month. Some things, like Twilight Arbor Aetherpath, are permanent. Others, like the Queen's Gauntlet, are expected to return. Most Living Story things so far will not return.

World bosses (find the relevant spawn timer for your server) and champion farming (Queensdale, Frostgorge Sound) are quite profitable. Tequatl the Sunless was recently revamped to be extremely difficult, such that only a hundred-person zerg coordinating over voice chat can consistently beat him. You may also see a notice that Scarlet's minions are invading a particular zone; go there, follow commanders, and fight off waves of enemies for 45 minutes. The Aetherblade segment is the most profitable.

Fractals of the Mists are ten mini-dungeons that you can access through a portal near Claw Island Portage in Lion's Arch. The first time you enter, they will be at difficulty level 1. Enter with a group of five, and it will select three random dungeons from nine of the available options. After completing a level higher than your current level, the highest difficulty you can select will increment by 1. The tenth fractal, Solid Ocean, appears at the end of every even-numbered difficulty level, and is centered around a longer boss fight with additional rewards. Starting at level 10, bosses cause Agony, a continuous DoT effect that requires you to have Ascended items with Agony Resistance. New fractals are on the horizon, some of which will be repurposed from previous Living Story content.

Edited by Red Omen, 04 October 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#6 davadude

davadude

Seraph Guardian

• News Correspondents
  • 1374 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[Team]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

View Postraspberry jam, on 04 October 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Yeah SAB is only some weeks. People say it will be made permanent, I don't know.

Josh Foreman has confirmed that once all four zones and the bugs are sorted out, the SAB will become permanent.
Davadude - Guru Village Idiot

#7 raspberry jam

raspberry jam

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 4794 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

View Postdavadude, on 04 October 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

Josh Foreman has confirmed that once all four zones and the bugs are sorted out, the SAB will become permanent.
So they won't make it permanent?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users