- Shadow Refuge: This skill now functions with the Hide in Shadows trait.
- Shadow Pursuit: This skill now functions with the Hide in Shadows trait.
- Blinding Powder: Stealth duration has been decreased from 5 seconds to 4 seconds when traited with Hide in Shadows. The skill remains with a base of 3 seconds. This skill is now a blast finisher.
- Merciful Ambush: This skill now functions with the Hide in Shadows trait for the recipient of stealth.
- Fixed an issue where some skills would remove the visual effect of stealth from the player.
- Destroy Shadow Trap: This skill now has a 1.5-second cast time. It plays an effect on the thief and on the trap location when it is being cast. Added 5 seconds of regeneration.
- Hide in Shadows: This skill now only increases Blinding Powder stealth by 1 second so it is consistent with the trait’s functionality.
- Venomous Aura: Increased the venom share radius to 360.
- Larcenous Strike: This skill now steals only 1 boon.
- Body Shot: This skill now applies 1 second of immobilize. Reduced the number of vulnerability stacks from 10 to 5. Increased the initiative cost from 3 to 4.
- Lotus Poison: The recharge is now set on each individual target that this trait triggers on. Reduced the recharge to 15 seconds.
- Shadow Strike: This ability now has a distance skill fact that represents the distance retreated.
- Withdraw and Roll for Initiative: These skills now properly remove immobilize upon execution.
- Basilisk Venom: Petrify is now removed on stun break.
There you have it. Some interesting changes, not really anything game breaking, earth shattering or world changing. Max DPS GC build still stays the same. A few nerfs here and there, few buffs, few fixes.
My thoughts...I'm not gonna lie, a bit annoyed at the change to Bodyshot. I realize that it doesn't really effect a whole lot, but I was in the process of putting together a burst vuln stacking build that utilized that particular skill...and honestly, who the heck wants a 1s immob and increased init cost? PvP application, sure, but PvE? Not so much.
I had heard rumors that pistols were gonna get some love (don't remember if it was this patch or a later patch) but it seems that isn't the case, at least for this patch. We'll have to wait and see what the future holds for them.
Venomshare increased radius...its nice, but it still doesn't fix the inherent problem with VS builds, IE the basically required 30 points in SA and DA, which kinda gimps your own personal DPS for some group utility.
They nerfed LS again, though I can't say I'm exactly surprised at that, but it seems to me that its another change that was caused by PvP play rather than PvE play, which is kinda disheartening, but perhaps I'm just reading into it too much. Not that I use S/D all that often, but it was still a nice option to have for certain content. Not that its not able to be used anymore, but I may think twice about it now.
- All player-controlled minions, excluding mesmer phantasms and clones because they were already increased in a previous patch, now have 71.43% more hit points in PvE maps.
I wonder if this effects Thieves Guild? That could be quite interesting if it does, giving the Thieves a bit more staying power.
Those are my thoughts about the updates, what about everyone else's?